Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev DhirYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 18 years old, but I am physically very week what can I do to build a strong body. And my some hair is starting white please tell me what can I do.
Im losing my beauty face using some creams and I have got many pimples on my face I want to remove the pimples easily.
Hi Doctor. I am patient suffering from Macular amyloidosis. It's been I guess 8 years that I have dark patches on my arms but I always thought it's because of tanning. Few months back only I got to know about this disease when I met dermatologist. But he gave me ointments to apply on my arms which are basically for pigmentation. I have applied those ointments but that did not show much result on my skin. Could you please help in knowing weather macular amyloidosis is curable or not. If yes what are the possible treatments for it. And my mother also has macular amyloidosis on arms and back. Is it due to heredity in me. Or some other reasons for its cause. Please help me.
Now days are coming warm so what I do for my skin because I have many acne and sign on my face so please tell me night and some useful.
Scabies is a disorder of the skin that is caused by tiny mites known as Sarcoptes scabies. The condition takes the form of an itchy pimple-like rash on the surface of skin that is formed when the microscopic mites burrow into the skin where they lay eggs and reproduce over a span of several weeks. It is a highly contagious disease as the mites can easily pass from one person to another through shared clothing or bedding.
How to treat scabies with homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a wonderful science that treats diseases with natural and safe medicines. In scabies, Homeopathy is the best alternative treatment option as Homeopathic medicines are very competent in treating this kind of infection. They stimulate the disease fighting mechanism of the body to fight scabies. As the healing system of the body is strengthened, the disease is completely eradicated. Its holistic approach attacks the infection at the root and prevents recurrence of the disease. Some of the homeopathic medicines used to treat scabies are as follows:
- Sulphur: This is the most commonly prescribed medication for outbreaks of scabies. It treats skin that is itchy and irritated, especially if it worsens with the application of water or heat. Sulphur is a great remedy for symptoms that get aggravated during the night due to high sensitivity and if the skin is prone to pimples and eruptions.
- Sepia: Sepia is a popular and effective remedy for scabies in cases where the skin feels itchy but scratching provides no relief. Often, the symptoms worsen when the patient is exposed to open air, wherein this homeopathic medicine is a useful cure.
- Arsenic Album: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed when scabies leads to the skin becoming hypersensitive and violently itchy. Soreness, burning sensations and dryness are often accompanying symptoms and the skin may even begin to peel off in large scales. All these symptoms are treated by arsenic album.
- Causticum: The symptoms of scabies respond well to causticum, especially when the condition occurs in the folds of the skin, between the thighs and the fingers. The intense itching, burning and redness are treated by causticum in a very efficient manner.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for scabies. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I have eczema on my feet, and it's really painful. And some boils on it. Itching and I am under medication from last more than 2 years still it's not curing. Is there is no Dr. To cure my problem. I cannot take this in my life. Dr. Prescribed., tyza cream, and some sort of tablets but still it's not curing. Please help. I reside in navi Mumbai belapur.
Hi, I have consulted before regarding my acne on my skin as my skin is so oily and it happens from last two years. Please help me to get rid off my skin acne ASAP.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scare removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any change. What should I do?
Pubic lice, also known as ‘crabs’, is a condition which occurs when certain parasitic insects are present in the genitals. These insects cause red spots to form on the vagina which result in itching. Crabs are also known to affect other parts of the body such as eyebrows, eyelashes and beards. This disease is extremely contagious in nature; it can be passed on from one person to another via sexual intercourse, hugging and kissing. In some cases, this condition can also be passed on from the parent to the child.
If you are affected by crabs then you will have itching and pain in the genitals. The saliva of the insect can cause allergic reactions on the skin, resulting in the itch. The itching tends to worsen at night. Bluish or red spots may appear on the affected area. The lice are usually around 2 cm long and can’t be spotted easily.
Contrary to popular belief, pubic lice or carbs are not caused by poor hygiene. This disease spreads via bodily contact with an infected person and they feed on human blood to survive. Lice usually spread via sexual intercourse which may be anal, vaginal or oral.
Treatment for pubic lice
Treatments for pubic lice involve shampoos, lotions and insecticide creams. Some of the treatments for pubic lice need to be applied locally while others require full body treatment. Apart from following the treatment procedures, you need to take preventive measures to prevent infestation. Avoid sharing personal items such as toiletries, as lice can spread through it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had been using regain 5% topical solution from past 3 months to treat early male pattern baldness. Will it cause Chronic Kidney Disease or any other life threatening problems in the future?
I was losing hair but now its not much affecting me but my hairs are turning white what should I do to prevent hair whitening please suggest me any good dietary habits.
I am a 25 years old boy and has many open pores on my face some of there deep pores I did dermaroller therapy 5 sitting did not found any effect the pores are still visible can you suggest some cream of tablet.
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Having small blisters on scrotum of penis which is itching. Also having a big blister on tip of penis but it does not itch, neither I feel any pain.
Darier's disease is a skin disorder. It is usually chronic in nature and an inherited condition. This disease is not contagious and affects the surface cells of your skin. Generally, it starts affecting a person during adolescence. In this condition, the skin cells are not properly bound together and as a result, blisters may form on the surface of the skin, resulting in the skin becoming scaly in appearance. However, Darier's disease is not caused due to any kind of allergic reaction.
The following causes can be responsible for Darier's disease:
- Calcium deficiency affects desmosomes (skin structure which help the surface cells of the skin to stick together), which can cause Darier's disease.
- Exposure to harmful rays of the sun can worsen your condition
- Perspiration may aggravate Darier's disease
- Darier's disease is hereditary in nature
Some of the most common symptoms of Darier's disease include:
- Rashes may appear on the face, neck, back and chest region
- Your skin may smell pungent
- Viral and bacterial infection may occur
- Your skin tends to become greasy
- Warts may develop on the hands
- Discoloration of the nails is common
Darier's disease can be treated by the following treatment procedures:
- Antibiotic ointment and topical creams (corticosteroids or retinol) can help you to get rid of the itching sensation.
- Laser treatments can prove to be helpful in certain cases.
- Dermabrasion can be considered as a treatment option. It removes the affected surface layer of the skin.
- Your doctor may also prescribe oral medications containing retinoid (compounds having similar effects to those of vitamin A). If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.