Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajay Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Rajay KumarYour feedback matters!
My mother is diagnosed with breast cancer stage 2 after surgery doctor started chemotherapy with herhope 440 mg injection can you describe her condition and how many chemo necessary for her and is their any other bttr process of treatment.
This is concerning cervical cancer vaccination. I’m almost 25 years and about to get married in 2 months. I have been sexually active in the past and have also been active with my fiancée. I was recently made aware of cervical cancer vaccination. I wish to know its efficacy now and if it is even recommended after knowing my history. Also, I have a mild case of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
I am 59. Taking 750ml lukewarm water along with lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey early in the morning regularly. Is it alright at this age even in summer days? Furthermore, I have long been suffering from prostatic for last about 4-5 years. For the last one month, according to the advice of a good Doctor of Ayurveda, I have been taking (1) Himplasia-2tabs-twice daily, (2) Kachnar guggulu-3tabs-twice daily and (3) Guksharadi guggulu-3tabs-twice daily and feeling unique benefits so far. Are these Ayurvedic medicines dependable to be totally cured of the prostatic? How long am I to continue with these medicines. Please suggest.
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer
1. Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.
Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
2. History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
3. Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
4. Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father's side also has ovarian cancer.
5. Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
6. Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
7. Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
8. Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Around one year back, the enlargement of prostate was detected during USG as 32 mm (is it significant enlargement at my age?) against 24 mm (normal size). I (male) am presently running 52 and feel a little difficulty at the initiation of urination. Whether any naturopathy is available to counter the growth of prostate.
Hii I am 48 years old suffering with genital cancer 3rd stage all tomy. Done surgically. After more therapy. Again attract of metastasis in body start what can I do.
Today, Laser treatment is no longer as rare as it once was. Laser treatment is in fact the third most common type of cosmetic surgery performed. However, it is still surrounded by a number of misconceptions. One such doubt that many people have is whether Lasers have the ability to cause cancer. To understand this, one must first understand what laser therapy is.
Laser is a short form for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation. There are many different kinds of lasers and laser mediums. These lasers can be used by doctors for cosmetic and surgical procedures as well as by engineers at constructions sites etc depending on the type of Laser. Though simple lasers are easily available, they should be used carefully.
With some lasers, radiation is emitted as a form of light. In others, this radiation may be in the form of ultraviolet or infrared rays and thus be invisible to the naked eye. This radiation should not be confused with the radiation from radioactive substances or microwave and radio waves. The radiation emitted by lasers is largely considered to be safe and does not harm the human body.
This radiation emitted by lasers does not use the same ultraviolet wavelengths as the UV radiation of sunlight. Radiation from laser beams is known as non-ionising radiation. It stays at the surface of the skin and does not penetrate into the cells. When laser treatment is used for hair removal it only penetrates to the hair follicle and no further. Thus, it does not cause skin cancer and does not damage our cellular DNA. Keeping this in mind, laser treatment can also be used for hair removal around the reproductive area without a worry.
Lasers used for cosmetic procedures are known to be every effective in the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines. It can also be sued to reverse the damage caused by excessive exposure to sunlight such as sun spots and dark patches on the skin. For these types of treatment, lasers may either be used to vaporize the top most skin layer or resurface the skin and remove wrinkles without peeling the skin. Both these types of lasers, promote the formation of collagen which is what actually helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Lasers are also often used to treat and remove pre-cancerous lesions. Thus, instead they can reduce a person’s risk of developing skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.