Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
My skin colour is very dark. How can I get fairness skin colour? please help me dear respected doctors. If required any cream please refer it.
I am rahul 21 years old and I am having problemrelated to my pores on my face please help me to get rid away from these pores.
Hi doctor I have an itching problem in my both inner thighs. Now a days it is very frequent and the skin colour also changed to black. What is the solution for that? thanks
I have too much clogged pores in my face and I tried several home remedies. But they doesn't work. Any tips regarding this problems?
What type of sunscreen should I use in winter. My skin type is dry in winter an oily in summer. Name a few with spf.
Thanks to cosmetic surgery, today, it is possible to alter your facial features any way you want. For some it's a way to reverse signs of aging while for others it may be to restructure a part of their face that they are not comfortable with. Whatever be your reason, here are ten tips to ensure safer facial cosmetic surgery.
- Have the right motivation: Cosmetic surgery will change the way you look, not your lifestyle. Do not undergo such a surgery if you think it will give you a new lifestyle.
- Have realistic expectations: Going under a plastic surgeon's knife can alter your facial feature, but only up to a limit. You may want your nose to look like that of your favourite actress, but the end result of the surgery will depend on the bone and cartilage structure of your nose. Having unrealistic expectations can take away from the satisfaction of plastic surgery.
- Find a surgeon who shares your aesthetic sense: If you and your surgeon do not share the same ideas on what looks good, you may end up with a result you are not satisfied with. Before deciding on a doctor, take a look at photographs of their earlier clients.
- Be wary of promotions that offer to pay for your surgery: Cosmetic surgery is expensive, but do not try and save money by choosing to work with inexperienced doctors.
- Meet the entire surgical team: Along with the doctor it is also important to meet the other members of the surgical team. Also, take a look at the facilities offered and the type of surgical atmosphere available.
- Have a clear written plan for the surgery and possible follow up procedures: Cosmetic surgeries often require multiple procedures. Ask your doctor for a clear plan with all the costs involved.
- Ensure that you have an aftercare plan: On the off chance that something does not go according to plan, ensure that you know what is to be done and insist on an aftercare treatment from your doctor.
- Have a strong support system in place: It will take a few months for the effects of your surgery to be visible. Until then, your face may appear swollen and bruised. Get support from your friends and family as this may keep you indoors for awhile.
- Be aware of the risks: Like any other surgery, this one too has risks associated with it. Ensure that you are aware of these risks so that you can make an informed decision.
- Don't rush your decision: Lastly, take your time deciding on the exact procedure you want. Remember that the effects of cosmetic surgery are permanent.
I am 23 years old, I am suffering from WART on the left side of the head from 4 YEARS I am not having any pain but the size of the wart is slowly increasing. What I have to do now?
I have acne scares and pores. Its there even after undergoing 4 sittings of skin rejunuvation by micro needle. What can I do further to reduce those scares. Kindly rply me the remedy.
I have chest rashes and rashes on neck which appears every year and they will get red in sunlight. And also suffering with hair fall. Please tell what I need to do now?
I have lots of pimple and oil on my face it's really hurts please help me and how to avoid a oili face.
How to remove the chicken pox marks left over on the face? Assist me a good advice to get rid of it.
Skin is the body's most expansive organ, but a few people know how to take care of their skin properly. Between media hype and amateur beauty tips, it is hard to differentiate between myths and reality. For example, should you splurge on an expensive moisturizer or not? Here's the truth behind three common beauty myths.
- You need sunscreen only when you're outdoors on a sunny day: Sunscreen should be applied everyday whether you're indoors or outdoors. It is a misconception that we are safe from the sun's UV rays when we're indoors. However, UV rays are of two types. While the UVB rays that causes sunburn are blocked by walls, we are still vulnerable to the UVA rays indoors. UVA rays are responsible for skin ageing and skin cancer. Similarly, on cloudy days, we are safe from UVB rays but still need protection from UVA rays. Ideally, your sunscreen should have a minimum SPF of 20-30. If you don't like applying makeup over sunscreen, pick makeup products that are enriched with SPF. You need to moisturize and tone your skin everyday.
- No two people have the same skin requirements: While it may work for a person with dry skin to moisturize their skin every day, this may be detrimental for someone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, look for a lotion instead of creams, but if your skin is dry, you definitely need a cream based moisturizer. Similarly, a toner is great for oily skin but can disturb the PH balance of dry skin. Also take a look at the climate before you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing your face regularly in a humid area can lead to breakouts, while using a toner in dry weather can make the skin rough.
- Makeup causes acne: Makeup aficionados can breathe a sigh of relief; wearing makeup for extended durations does not lead to acne. The way you use your makeup and the type of product you use are the villains here. Contrary to popular belief, foundation is designed not to be absorbed into skin pores but to form a layer over the skin. Using expired products is also one of the main causes of acne. The other reason makeup is thought to trigger acne is because, if you go to sleep with makeup on, you may wake up with a breakout. This is because not washing your face, clogs your skin pores with the day's grime and dirt.