Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajat ModiYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old and I have skin problem for about 5 years, it is present only on my neck and no where else. How to get rid of it ?
If one get anal fissures once then after fully healed it easily recur again after another hard motion. Why fissure easily recur if once it occurred? So it is not possible to get permanent cure (means to eradicate the tendency of fissure occurring) by surgical procedure by eradicate the root cause of fissure? Why everybody do not get anal fissure after hard motion only a few get fissure? What is difference of the function and structure of the anus between a fissure occurring people and not fissure occurring people?
I have eczema on my both legs n constantly get itching Daily for that m using dipsalic tube cream on it from very long time Now Its not much itching But black marks are there Hiow can it be removed And m still using dipsalic cream If I not Use Daily again eczema come out on legs What is the permanent treatment for it to be removed permanently.
My son got swelling and blackness on cheek due to fell down two days back, now the swelling decreased and the little black Ness is spreading up to eye, why it is like this, please give suggestions to me.
I am a 22 year old femaile suffering from hyperhidrosis mainly palm and feet. I am thinking of getting a surgery done. Can you please help me to which doctor should I consult, I mean which field. A dermataloist or a neuro surgeon ? and what is the success rate. Please reply thank you
I am suffering from skin infection since the last week and after washing the face by soap it becoming red. What should I do?
How to reduce wrinkles and freckles on face. I am 32 yrs. My skin luks pale n dry. How to moisturize it n make it shinier n healthy.
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer, Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
I am having a Burning Sensation in my Underarms. I have to keep my hands on upside. So please give me solution regarding it.
Hi, I have combination skin on face with dark spots and uneven skin tone and my body is also very dry. Please help me.
Hello doctor, I had fair skin but my skin is going dull day by day ,I used alot of home remedies, so many products I have used but nothing can be work for me ,what can I do.
I have black lines below my eyes. Especially during summer they become dark. How to get rid of them?
I am a female 24 years old. I have pigmentation around my lips. Suggest me a good cream or treatment to get rid of it.
I have a fair skin tone. But my hand, back and stomach are getting dark day by day. I'm worried about it. Pls help me.
Sir cheeks was so lean and my face was not looking good. Pls suggest me some natural ways to get fleshy and chubby cheeks.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.