Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajat ModiYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old. I have been suffering from some dark spots on face and cheecks since 1 yr by using a steroid type of cream. What should I do now?
Hey I have medium brown skin color but mom have light skin color I also want light and fair skin color fair glow like my mom can I get please help!
I am 27 years old having dark circle under eyes. What should I do? I am taking seabuckthorn pills from 1 month which contains omegas & vitamins and using aloe vera eye gel but no results I found.
Hi doctor I am suffering from skin daisies (itching) and ring warm I used lots of medicine but I don't get relief please tell me I can do what.
I have pimple on my face in starting of summer which leave marks on my face and also I have black marks along my nose please suggest me what to do.
Hello 1 month ago I met with an accident. I have black spot on my cheek. And Red Spot on my forehead .Please let me know which precautions should I take.
I used to work out side in hot burning day. It caused me tanning like a very black layer on my hands. So how do I remove it. Is there any treatment or remedies. Please tell.
One month before I did a facial hair removal by threading, 2 days after pimples like appeared on my face, now I am very much annoyed with the black marks left over. What to do to remove the marks.
I am male 25 yrs. I have dark spots on my face around nose down the eyes for 3 yrs. How can it be cured.
I have too much boils (pimples) on my face, I don't know why it doesn't goes. Sometimes puss comes out or sometimes blackheads. Its been over 2 years now and this comes and goes. Once I remove black heads it comes again and again and the process is on then it becomes a pimple. I am irritated to this problem. Kindly help me.
Hi, my face n neck is become dark. I went to dermatologist he gave me I glow gel to apply at night. I applied for one month but no change on my face n neck. Pls suggest me a cream to lighten my face n neck.
Hi .myself Shivam I have oily skin I am not using any sought of moisturizer or any cream on face from last 3 month , but I heard that oily skin needs to be moisturized . My question is what cream should be used in night to keep the skin hydrated and to make the natural glow , I reside in Chennai basically I am from Madhya Pradesh here for pursuing colleges .what should I do to maintain my skin moisture and control oil and prevent break outs.
I was suffered from chicken pox last days, now I am OK but now my face and body is full of marks actually dark marks which makes my look ugly. Now what should I do for removal of these marks and get my normal skin like it was before?
I have oily skin and pores on face and major problem is pimples and there marks how can I reduce those marks.
My lips become two coloured due to smoking which makes my face dull, I want a laser treatment to make it natural, will it be possible,
Dermal fillers (also called injectable facial fillers) are soft tissues injected into the skin. This is done to help fill up the hollowed and flattened facial features, smoothen folds and wrinkles, fatten the cheeks, correct bumps on the nose and forehead and increase the elasticity of the skin.With advancing age, your face loses firmness and volume of the facial muscles. A facelift is a non-surgical procedure which helps to restore and create healthier and more youthful features.
Here are the things you should know about getting a liquid facelift with dermal fillers:
- The typically used dermal fillers are Juvederm, Restylane, Emervel, Radiesse and Belotero. There are several different kinds of fillers that are of different consistencies and volume.
- Fillers are composed of collagen fibers and hyaluronic acids (these come from organic sources) and a few biosynthetic compounds.
- A single treatment session takes about half to an hour.
- The swelling takes about 2 - 3 days to subside and in many cases leaves no swelling.
- Depending upon the choice of dermal filler, the results of the facelift can last up to two years.
- The type of filler used, the depth to which they are introduced, the schedule of the sessions and the nature of the treatment - are all discussed and the factors are customized to fit your specific needs because each human being ages differently. Some people get facelifts to shape and sculpt a particular facial feature like the cheekbones. Facelifts are also done for sagging skin of the neck or drooping eyelids. They help tighten the loosening skin tissue layers of the jaws and chin.
- The fillers are not permanent and this is why they are completely safe. They can be broken down and expelled by the body naturally after a given period of time without any health risk.
- Restylane fillers can be used to treat dark circles, drooping eyebrows and remove bags from under your eyes.
- Defective structure of the lips can be corrected by dermal fillers.
- The advantage of a face lift using dermal fillers over a surgical treatment is that they can be altered with advancing age. Surgical solutions look fixed and artificial because they tighten the aging skin permanently.
People tend to believe that they have sensitive skin when they use certain products that don't suit them and causes some redness, itching, blotches, rashes, etc. However, this is not true. Sensitive skin is actually used to describe a condition when skin develops rashes, skin bumps, erosions, pustules, blotches, redness and so on when exposed to harsh weather conditions such as extreme heat, wind or cold.
There are some common skin ailments for that may harm a sensitive skin; i.e. Acne, rosacea, burning and stinging as well as contact dermatitis or irritants and allergies. Skin can be sensitive on any part of the body, including legs, arms, hands, etc. but it is most noticeable on the face though. The degree of sensitivity varies from person to person. Sensitive skin easily reacts when exposed to sunlight or wind. Also, such a skin is more prone to dryness, itchiness and redness. So, in case you have a sensitive skin you need to be extra cautious with the foods you eat and the products you use.
Precautions to be taken in case of a sensitive skin:
- First of all, you need to find out what is causing the problem. Is it food, weather or a product and stop using/avoiding those things to protect your skin.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice a day.
- Do not overload yourself with several skin care products like toners, scrubs, packs, and variety of creams.
- Keep a healthy, balanced diet which is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C and E. Also increase your intake of anti-inflammatory spices such as turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper.
- Exercise daily to ensure a good circulation to the skin.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Adding lemon gives your skin the much needed Vitamin C.
- Choose natural and soft fabrics such as silk and cotton for sensitive skin.
- Avoid exposing your skin to too hot or cold water .
- Avoid using skin care and cosmetic products that have alcohol, harsh exfoliants, petrochemicals, acids, or synthetic fragrances as these can irritate the skin.
- While trying a new product make sure to do a trial test on the skin especially on your inner arm or behind your ear.
- Use a good broad spectrum sunscreen which is non comedogenic, paraben and fragrance-free.
- Try to reduce stress in life by resorting to activities such as meditation, yoga, or walking.
- Get enough restful sleep to enable your body clock to function normally, which will give you clear skin.
However, if you do have any prolonged, unexplained skin reaction then you should consult dermatologist who might conduct a skin allergy test to identify the root cause of the problem. Finally, limit your alcohol intake.