Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajat KapoorYour feedback matters!
My face itches whenever I prepare and I feel uneasy and restless. Kindly suggest the remedy. My face becomes gloomy and dull.
I m 23 years old I hav a facial growth on my face is it good to use baking soda on face to reduce it. Bcoz all over web its showing that only.
How to treat acne scars naturally and effectively using ayurveda treatment and home medicine or herbs like need basil etc.
I have fungal infection for last 1 year some time is going again its coming kindly suggest something.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.
Apply onion juice onto your scalp, massage, and leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour. Repeat the process daily for a few weeks.
Shampoo your hair. Apply fresh juice extracted from amaranth leaves on your hair and scalp. Rinse it out.
Simply eat a teaspoon of black sesame seeds daily for at least three months.
Boil the curry leaves in water and drink the hot beverage.
Grind the curry leaves and squeeze out their juice. Mix curry leaves juice and buttermilk. Boil the mixture on low flame for 5 minutes. Let it cool to become lukewarm. Apply this lukewarm buttermilk-curry leaves juice mixture on your scalp. Leave for half an hour. Wash hair with lukewarm water.
Fix on a single shampoo brand to wash your hair.
I am losing my hair quickly 'I have tried many shampoos and I have no Benefit of using it my hairs were also getting whitened please suggest me some natural ailments for this suffering?
I have itching in my private place from last 1-2 years. I have consulted too many doctors but did not get good result. Please suggest me some medicine. Thank you.
Sir I don't have any psoriasis my problem is I used betnovate for one month without knowing it is a steroid given by some normal doctor for pimples but I stopped it has been 7 months over still I am facing allergy in my face and I am afraid that it cause side effects like psoriasis that I am asking.
I am suffering from pimples problem my face getting damaging can help me by give a solution for that.
Respected doctor! I am 20 years old male & from last 3 weeks I am suffering from scabies & can't get rid from scabies. I was consulted after 1 week of affection to the dermatologist. I has infected from scabies on my penis foreskin & on the glans penis. I suffering from severe itching on the penis & medial wall of thigh. Then She was prescribed me the lindane lotion & 4 mg medicines course 3 times daily for 7 days, after diagnosed She said to apply the lindane lotion on whole body below from neck to feet only for one night & at morning I take bathed & washed medicine from my body Well after keep it on the body for 8 hours. As she suggested. But I suffered from continuous itching. Then I reconsulted & she suggested to reapply the lindane lotion again after 7 days from 1st treatment. I did it at last sunday 2nd time but currently can't get rid from scabies & has infection now continue on my penis foreskin & glance penis & on thigh & on the belt line & near umbilicus. My infected skin of penis & glans penis are dried & get wounds on there by itching. So applying 2 times daily the fusidic acid cream. I also washed my used all cloths in hot water & dried in sunlight for hygiene. I am really very worrying about my this problem! Please doctor! I am medical student, can't study properly & can't get rid from scabies. I want to get rid instantly from it. Please tell me earlier what should I do about for this.
I have an old stretch marks on my knee and on the back of my calf muscle for the past 4 years due to weight gain I have used variety of stretch mark oils and stretch mark lotions for almost six to eight months to remove them but there seems to be no difference. Is there any other solution to help me remove these stretch marks totally leaving no marks and not coming again with the cost effective remedy besides painful and expensive laser surgery.
Here are 10 Home Remedies for Dry Hair. Give your hair -
1) Goodness of Milk: To heal dry hair, pour some unboiled milk in a bowl. Soak a cotton ball in the milk and apply it directly on hair and scalp. After one hour, wash your hair thoroughly.
2) Conditioning of Eggs: One of the highly recommended remedies for dry hair is egg yolk. Egg yolk works as a natural moisturizer and conditioner for dry hair. Also, for moisturizing rough hair egg whites can be used. Separate white part of egg and damp it on hair. Leave it for 20 minutes and then, wash it off.
3) Nourishment of Sesame Oil: Sesame oil is excellent in nourishment. As it is rich in vitamins and minerals, it helps in strengthening hair and increasing blood circulation in the scalp.
4) Treatment of Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is very effective in treating dryness of hair. A simple pack or massage of apple cider vinegar works wonders. Apply it with the help of a cotton ball on the scalp and hair. Rinse it off after 5-10 minutes.
5) Richness of Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is the magical remedy for curing dry hair. Massage your scalp with the oil. It is beneficial to use warm coconut oil.
7) Strength of Curry Leaves: Curry leaves are a great remedy for the treatment of hair. They are enriched with calcium, vitamins, phosphorous, and iron. Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil adding 5-6 curry leaves in it for a few minutes and allow it to cool down. Apply it on the scalp and hair.
8) Moisture of Curd/Yogurt: Yogurt is a natural conditioner for dry hair. Apply it as a mask on hair. The moisturizing properties of yogurt quick heal dryness of hair.
9) Smoothening of Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek(methi) seeds are great natural remedy for dry hair. The conditioning properties of fenugreek seeds makes hair smooth and silky.
10) Beauty of Bananas: Bananas are excellent for treatment of dry hair. They are rich in potassium, antioxidants, and vitamins, which makes them a beautifying fruit. For the treatment of dry hair, you need to prepare a pack out of banana paste and apply on scalp and hair.