Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajan Pawar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajan PawarYour feedback matters!
I am 18. My face become very dry &soon get dark .I want to glow my body .Pls suggest some diet& tips to overcome. Dark circles under my eyes also.
I have a scar mark on my forehead and I tried many stuffs to cure it but it never go. Can you suggest some ideas?
I have dark circles under my eyes and mow pimples started growing on my faces which looks really bad. What can I do.
I am 28 years old male and have typical skin problem on my legs only. I have deep itching and after scratching there it turns into chronic sores. I have applied so many medicines but it increased. Doctors suggest me the combination of clobetasole propeonate.
Dear DR, Is there any medicine in ayurveda / homeopathy for prostate enlargement, I am taking medicine from allopathy have side affects, please suggest.
Hii sir kya hastmuthen krne s face kharab hota hh kya mtlb face PR pimpless hona ya drak sarcel hona please reply in Hindi.
Garlic can be used for more than simple flavouring your food. Garlic has a number of health benefits and is used to treat conditions like high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease and even acne. The large amount of allicin and sulphur compounds in garlic give it anti fungal and anti aging properties. This promotes healthy skin and lustrous hair.
Let's take a look at how garlic can treat common skin problems.
- Acne: The anti fungal properties of garlic can help remove stubborn pimples. Garlic can be used in a number of ways to treat acne. The easiest is to press a piece of freshly cut raw garlic onto the affected area. Let is release some of its juices onto the skin. Wash off after 5 minutes to see a visible reduction in inflammation.
- Acne scars: Along with treating acne, garlic can also be used to reduce acne scars by enhancing blood circulation that helps regenerate new skin cells. The sulphur, zinc, calcium and vitamin E in garlic also help in the removal of dead skin cells and smooth skin tissue formation.
- Blackhead removal: A paste of crushed garlic, tea tree oil, honey, oatmeal and lime juice can be used as an ex-foliating pack to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Use this mask thrice a week to get the best results.
- Anti aging: Antioxidants in garlic reduce the amount of free radicals in the skin to keep it looking youthful. Sulphur also helps the body produce collagen to maintain the firmness of skin and avoid wrinkles. Garlic is also rich in poly phenols that protect the skin from environmental damage. A garlic and tomato mask can also help unclog skin and minimize pores.
- Stretch marks: Allicin and sulphur present in garlic increase the elasticity of the skin and thus prevent stretch marks from occurring. If you already have stretch marks, a warm garlic oil massage can help reduce the stretch marks.
As with any other form of treatment, garlic should be used carefully. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Dilute garlic juice with rose water or water to prevent burning and stinging.
- Do not leave garlic for too long on the skin as it can cause blisters.
- Fresh garlic has more anti oxidants than preserved garlic.
- Garlic also has blood thinning properties and hence should be avoided by pregnant women. Learn more about Healthy Pregnancy.
- Do a patch test before applying garlic on your face to test your skin for sensitivity towards garlic.