Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj Shree MurudkarYour feedback matters!
My 7 months old baby girl is putting pressure while urinating like as if she is pooping. Is it because of uti. She groans and makes sound of strain while peeing. Kindly tell me the reason.
Here are some causes and treatments for tooth sensitivity.
My has suffering from schizophrenia psychology problem. As per said Doctor said we have stopped the medicines during her 2nd pregnancy-delivery. 20 days back she got delivered a baby. And again she went into depression. So we are using the medicines DON 1 mg and ARIFINE 5 mg each 1 at night as doctor said at the time of stopping the medicines (Dr. Said that if problem comes can use same medicines so are using.) Problem: 1.By using these medicines (DON 1 mg n ARIFINE 5 mg each at night) can do feed the baby with the mothers milk. 2.is there any effects on baby for these medicines? 3. Baby can't stop crying until take mothers milk so please tell me the prior precautions. Thanking you.
My daughter don't want to eat regular food like milk, rice, vegetables etc. We have to feed her by force and she is very skinny but active all the time.
My baby running 10th month still not coning tooth please clear my doubt any problem in my baby. Please advise.
I had cough from last week I tried cough syrup but it did not work So did I got T. B or any serious illness?
Hello I want to discuss regarding my kid, 7 years old and studies in 1st state. His behavior was changed since 3-4 months. He doesn't complete the homework And annoying to go the school. During whole day, just either watching cartoons channels or playing games on mobile. What to do?
Hi, My son is 4 years old. Suddenly since last night few blisters appeared on his back and on front left lower side of stomach. Please consult what is this disease and the treatment.
What is time of teething in babies. My baby is 10 month old but no teeth yet should I worried? Please advise.
My daughter was 2 years 7 months old. She having a constipation problem and also scissoring the leg. She was pre mature baby I got lot of doctors advice and give medicine but not cure. Please advice me.
Uterine fibroids are referred to as benign, abnormal growths which tend to develop in the uterine walls of a woman. The size of such growths can range from a few centimeters to even excess of a few inches. As such, they can cause the uterus to increase to the size of a five month pregnancy. Although, the symptoms of fibroids are not always apparent, they often cause heavy bleeding and pain in women. A recent research concluded that around 60 to 75 percent women contract such fibroids by the age of 50, at least once in their life.
Depending on the site of formation, uterine fibroids are distinguished into different types. Intramural fibroids in the lining of the uterus and subserosal fibroids which develop outside the uterus are the most commonly observed fibroids.
What causes Uterine Fibroids?
Although, the exact reason for the formation of fibroids are obscure, medical professionals have determined certain factors that may affect their formation. Some of them are:
1) Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen, produced by the ovaries regenerate the uterine lining during each menstrual cycle and trigger the growth of fibroids.
2) Family history: If you have had a family history of uterine fibroids, then you're likely to develop the condition yourself as well.
3) Pregnancy: The production of progesterone and estrogen increases during pregnancy which increases the likelihood of fibroids.
What are the signs of the condition?
Depending on the location and size of the tumors, symptoms of such fibroids include:
1) Heavy bleeding and blood clots during periods
2) Pain in the pelvis
3) Frequent menstrual cramps
4) Pressure and pain in the lower abdomen
5) Swelling in the abdomen
6) Pain while intercourse
What is the procedure of the treatment?
Ultrasound and pelvic MRI are common diagnostic procedures to check for uterine fibroids. After diagnosis, depending on your age, size of the fibroid and your comprehensive health, the doctor would prescribe you with appropriate medications. Only after medications prove futile, doctors opt for minimally invasive surgeries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My 7 month girl is getting fever every 5-6 hours. She is on paracetamol from 3 days. Also she is getting teeth. Does she need antibiotics?
Start planning the arrival of your baby by the end of the sixth month of your pregnancy, like searching options for baby's health care, and making arrangements at your home for the new edition to the family.
My daughter is 22 months old. She had suffered vomiting and diarrhea 16 days back. She had started with vomiting after any feed (even water), followed by diarrhea (loose motions) at least 15 times a day. She was just on ORS (no antibiotics given and only Oral ondansetron and Lansoprazole were given) and it stopped after 4-5 days. But she continued with foul smelling, pasty stools with a frequency of 5-6 till date.(i. E. After 16 Days). I don't know what to do?
I have a 10 month baby boy suffering from reddish eye from last 2 month and pediatrician refer to eyes specialist. I want to know whom to visit and also refer in Noida / Ghaziabad area. Please advice.
I have gone through the symptoms of inattention n I found that all the symptom of inattention is present in my brother who is 12 years old. Is it important to get tested for ADHD? Is there any home treatment or I can do any thing for him.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.