Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj ParikYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old male. I do not like pimples pop on my face. Is there any medical or ointment that could help me out. My skin is very sensitive and even sunscreens do not suit me well. Please suggest?
I am suffering from a acne&pimples problems from 2 years I have eating hundreds types of medicines & consult the best doctors but no results so give me suggestion what to do I am.
I am 62 years old, for the last 6 years suffering from psoriasis I had taken ayurvedic, allopathy medicines no relief and no cure, is there any conclusive medicine for the full eradication of the diseases ?
Hello sir, my mother (55) is suffering from fever and skin allergy for last two months, she has only 5.8 gms blood in her blood test report. Is there a reason of above diseases and please tell how to increased blood quantity.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my face. I used scare removal cream for four months but didn't see any changes what should I do?
Sir I am having pimples problems. Sir. I have used all Ayurveda creams. But not curing. Can you prescribe any medicine?
I am having acne problem from last 6 months. Even after several medicine and treatment. Can't get rid of it.
I am having a hard but small growth under my scalp since 2 years. Although it is asymptomatic but sometimes it causes pain specially during winters.
I am 20 years old And having Hair problem The density of hair on my head is less Please suggest me how to restore my hair.
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.