Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rahul Vishwanath Mayekar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul Vishwanath MayekarYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 1st april with condom and then I gave her unwanted-72 and then she got nausea and body pain. After that I had sex on 4th april with condom. Now on 8th april she is bleeding for some time. I want to know whether she is pregnant or not. She has her periods on 19th march and she is irregular in her periods. Tell me.
There is an expected code of conduct for all of us at various stages of life and at various places defined by the people we interact. There is something known as appropriate and inappropriate depending on this stage of life, place and relationships. This inappropriate behaviour can be termed as conduct disorder.
It is the name given to a group of emotional and behavioural problems that can onset during different stages and accordingly can be of 3 types.
- Where the onset is before the child reaches age 10
- Where the onset happens during the teenage years
- Where the age of onset is not clearly specified
Causes: Though not very clear, some of the potential causes include a combination of genetic and environmental aspects. The frontal lobe which is related to cognitive behaviour is usually affected in people with conduct disorder. This leads to reduced ability to plan, reduced ability to learn from life, and a lack of impulse control. This damage can also happen as a result of head injury. Environmental causes include child abuse history, unstable family relations, and drug abuse in parents and close family members.
Symptoms: Depending on the prominent trait, there are 4 types of conduct disorders:
- Aggressive conduct where they bully others, use weapons to hurt other people or animals and even indulge in rapes
- Deceitful conduct is where the person lies, steals, and commits forgery.
- Destructive conduct is when the person could get involved in the destruction of property.
- Violators conduct is when the kids skip school, runs away from home, gets involved in sexual/drug/alcohol abuse early in life. They are extremely pleased when breaking rules.
Treatment: This involves a combination of drugs and psychotherapy. The child’s age, duration of the symptoms, a degree of symptoms, and support system usually determine the mode of treatment.
- Drugs: Though there is no definitive drug for conduct disorder per se, these people usually have depression and/or ADHD, and so drugs are used to control these symptoms.
- Psychotherapy: Depending on the manifesting symptoms, these people are taught anger management, impulse control, cognitive behaviour, and problem-solving skills. Parents and close family and friends may also be involved to improve response rate and pace. The counsellor also needs to discuss with these people potential for sexual abuse, drug/alcohol abuse and suicidal tendencies.
It is not just the conduct disorder but the resultant effects which are very harmful to the individual, the family, and society at large. Detecting at early stages helps in early intervention and arresting progress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Iam 24 years old female. I have pcod problem and have complete irregular period. Iam a married women and worried that how can I get a baby. What should I do. How can I get ride of that. please help me.
I am 47 years old lady. Earlier I was fare bt now my face neck hands and feet are getting dark day by day. I had a surgery in 2014 for uterus removal. After the one years of surgery I am facing this problem. Kindly suggest wt to do for removing this black colour.Please tell.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is referred to as a condition that leads to an imbalance in the hormonal levels of women between the ages of 18 to 44. Women suffering from the syndrome develop small cysts in the ovaries. These cysts might disrupt the normal functions of the ovaries resulting in hormonal imbalances. If you suffer from PCOS, the secretion of the male hormone androgen (which is present in a small amount in every female) increases abnormally, thereby causing a significant disruption of the ovulation process and the menstruation cycles.
Women suffering from obesity or who have a past history of PCOS in their families are at a higher risk of suffering from the syndrome.
The symptoms that one might experience along with syndrome are as follows:
Appearances of acne along with the development of excess body and facial hair.
Irregular or no periods.
Problems with conception and infertility.
Intense pain in the pelvic area and severe depression.
Homeopathic Treatment for PCOS:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect.Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups. Some of the most beneficial homeopathic remedies for PCOS are:
Sepia – Useful for the symptoms of severe pain in the lower back and abdominal areas along with abnormal menstrual periods.
Apis Mellifica –This homeopathic preparation is effective in relieving the symptoms of severe pain in the ovarian regions along with tenderness in the abdominal and uterine areas caused by PCOS.
Pulsatilla – This medication is very effective in treating symptoms of PCOS such as late and minimal menstrual periods along with rapid mood swings, irritation and a decreased sensation of thirst.
Sulphur – This homeopathic preparation is very useful if there is a presence of severely itchy and painful acne along with other skin related symptoms of PCOS.
Natrum Muriaticum – This homeopathic preparation is useful if you experience significant problems with conception along with irregularity in menstrual cycles, along with an excessive craving for salt in the regular diet, unwillingness towards sunlight exposure, and intense episodes of crying and uncharacteristic shyness.
Graphites – If you are of a stout build or are overweight and regularly suffer from constipation along with PCOS, graphites are one of the best homeopathic medications to relieve symptoms and treat this condition.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for PCOS. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 20 years old. During the time of periods I never used to have pain in my stomach. But from few months back I am having a severe stomach pain during periods. What's the reason behind it? What are the measures need to be followed? Earlier I used to have bleeding from 5 to 7 days but now it's completely reduced, not even for one day. Would you plzz help me with the problem.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
The value of warm water as a therapeutic medium was recognised and utilised by philosophers and physicians such as pluto and hippopocrates as a treatment for muscle spasms and various diseases. It can be used for a large variety of conditions like low back pain osteoarthritis inflammatory conditions multiple sclerosis traumatic brain injury spinal cord injuries fibromyalgia etc,