Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul ShahYour feedback matters!
Am 23 years old and while sleeping I got pain in my left hand included my shoulder. And no medicine help me but after 4to 5 hours pain got away automatically. please help.
I'm 35 years old, last 1 years back my both legs to much pain, I was trying so many medicine and oil massage but no relief please give me suggestion what can I do?
I am 38 year old man. I hav a backache problem from 8 years. I consult many doctors they give the pain relieving tablets only and massage creams by saying you hvv no pblm just have muscles problem. JJ.
I am 30 years women and I have back pain last 2 years haven't got any relief what should I do now? Please help me doctor.
Hi Sir, My mother is 60 years old and has osteoarthritis. Please suggest some medicine and particular food ingredients to help in osteoarthritis.
I am 25 years old I had back pain past 10 yrs When I was lifted some weight since that pain doctor said need surgery some doctor surgery will harmful like paralysis when I tested antigen ankylosing spondylitis positive kindly help me what I do.
Sir, I am feeling back pain sometimes sometimes. 2 times already shown to doctor but no results. When I am taking medicines in that 2-3 months I m feeling ok. But after that back pain arising. Please suggest.
For the last one year I feel some problem. While sitting on the chair I feel imbalance and sometimes I have to hold something to make me sit properly. While walking also I sometimes feel the improper balance. Local doctor says it might be from spondylitis. Sometimes I feel stress in my eyes while watching continuously something. My BP is 140/90 and I take medicine for BP regularly. My age is 36 years.
I always feel pain on my lower back bone. Normally I feel the pain when I sit or stand for a long time. Is there any solution?
I am 44 years of old. I am suffering from cervical spondylosis in 3 years. I am also suffering from depression. Suggest medicine and modify the habits.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.