Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul SalunkheYour feedback matters!
My period not come on time it' s 15 days late n I check for pregnancy it' s negative what pills I have to take for it
Form past 2 weeks my vagina has become very itchy and dry. And I have very heavy curdy white flow. What should i do?
My cesarean was on dec 10, 2016. I got my next periods on jan 8, 2017. I had sex with my husband on feb 9, I did not get my periods yet in february. Is there possibilities of pregnancy?
I was diagnosed with pcos at 13 years. testosterone was detected high then. Today I weigh 57 kgs height 5'3 my ovaries are normal (sonography done- no cysts and are perfectly normal sized). All my hormones are within range. Yet I have a highly disturbed menses. hirsutism has kind of put me into depression. What shud I do? Even my gynaec (30 years exp) is baffled.
I took medicine for shifting my periods late last month. I had it on 8th of june. Then I lost my virginity on 19th of june and it was with protection. I did not yet have my periods this month. I was close enough wit my partner this month but we did nt intercourse. But some ejections had fallen on on my lingerie. Is the any thing to worry? Or it can be just the side effect of the medicine I took last month?
Older people are at a higher risk of developing mental disorders as with age the neurology of the brain tends to deteriorate. Various physical illnesses, such as chronic pain and bone disorders which are common in older people can restrict their ability to live an independent life. Most of the diseases that affects older people tend to require long term care.
Other causes of mental disorders are events like death of near ones, disabilities or a reduction in socioeconomic status. These factors can make them isolated and lonely leading to psychological problems in the elderly. Physical diseases such as heart problems may also lead to mental problems.
With respect to the above points, you may follow these pointers to stay away from mental disorders:
- Physical exercise: It is very important to stay active as it has multiple health benefits. A sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in the body. In case of movement restrictions, focus on doing simple activities like walking and moving about as replacement for regular exercise.
- Food: Food is important to mental health as they provide the necessary nutrients to the body. Add almonds to your diet as they contain vitamin B6 which is very good for the brain. Omega 3 and Omega-6 acids in almonds also contribute to brain health. Eat a diet that is low in fat, focus on simple and natural foods.
- Communicate: Take up a hobby or participate in social gatherings to get more involved with people. These activities will keep your mind occupied and stimulate your brain. It will reduce the risks of depression and related disorders.
- Remove negative emotions: Try to avoid negative emotions as they are the major source of depression. Take up meditation as their effect on improving mental health is well known. Focus on the positives in every experience to be content and happy. Negative emotions can lead to serious mental problems such as depression and anxiety disorders.
What is a dowager's hump?
The term dowager's hump is a more casual term for the medical condition referred to as kyphosis. It is the uncommon curvature of the thoracic vertebrae of the upper part of the back in an outward direction.
It is most commonly seen in women than in men. When the front part of the vertebrae becomes involved and gets compressed due to osteoporosis, it will later on result to the spine bending forward and producing a hump at the upper back portion.
What causes a dowager's hump?
The hump can be caused by other conditions and these should be determined in order to get the correct treatment. Based on the research of the university of maryland medical center, this kyphosis problem can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
The disfiguration in the patient's genes can result to the inappropriate growth of the vertebral column. Other conditions linked with other congenital problems could also cause this hump.
It is also been mentioned in some studies that it can also be due to wedge fractures wherein the front part of a vertebra collapses causing the spine to be misaligned a little. The above part of the fracture tips forwards and creating a slight back curve.
As the vertebra over the wedge fracture is tipped forward, it puts pressure on other vertebrae that could lead to developing a wedge fracture in another vertebra. The more wedge fractures are occurring; the back gets more bowed. In severe cases, a person's back can be extremely bent over.
How is a dowager's hump treated?
There are several ways to treat dowager's hump. The main goal of treatment for this condition is by preventing bone loss, although it can also be utilized as a management which is beneficial for patients who experience pain resulting from vertebral fractures.
The procedure is called vertebroplasty, where bone cement is injected to stabilize the vertebrae. Another procedure for this condition is performing kyphoplasty for individuals with compression fractures in the bottom half of the spine.
Exercises for dowager's hump
Based on some research studies in the medical society, yoga exercises can be a great contribution in treating dowager's hump. The upper spine curvature of individuals who did yoga for six months reduced the back problem by about five percent compared to those who did not.
Here are some 5 easy poses that can be done to straighten the spine:
Sit straight at the front edge of the chair with the butt firm and flat. Secure the feet on the floor by steadying it there. Inhale and stretch out the spine upward. Bring the shoulders down along with the head placed over the spine, then breathe uniformly keeping the posture for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sit in the same seated mountain position then pull the head backward as if making a double chin. Do it again for 6 to 10 times. Do not lift or jut the chin in a forward manner. Focus on the backward movement with the shoulder rolled and lifted when inhaling, then compress the shoulder blades together at the back when exhaling. Do it 6 to 10 times in full circles.
Sit tall. Inhale while clasping the hands behind the back. Hold the arms away from the body when exhaling. Do it all over for 3 to 6 times. Remain in the same pose by continuously breathing if desired.
Sit tall as above. Keep the fit firm on the floor and draw the head back. Stay in this posture, and then bend forward by not rounding the spine. The muscles in the abdomen should remain firm and shoulders should be square. Bend back as far as possible with the feel still planted on the floor. Go through again for 10 to 20 times.
Methods of prevention for dowager's hump
Preventive measures must be taken to avoid this condition. Tips that can prevent dowager's hump include:
Daily doses of vitamins c and d
Work-outs for coordination and balance in order to prevent spine fractures
Eat a healthy and balanced diet
Training for strength and weight.
After delivery I am suffering from many problems. Meri vagina me bar bar funsi ho rhi h aur urine infection ho jada h.
How to get rid of hanging belly after pregnancy. The enlarged piece of skin is remaining the same even after one and half years from delivery. Please help me the natural or home remedy to get rid of it.
We were having sex after a gap of long time (more than a year). During sex, blood came out from my wife's vagina. She did not have any pain. Please suggest the possible cause of such bleeding.
Not everyone can conceive a baby easily. The inability to conceive a baby despite having intercourse during the fertile window in a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year is termed as infertility. Infertility does not affect only the physical health of a woman, but also her mental and emotional well-being as well as the couple’s social health.
In some cases, infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, a couple needs to be both physically and mentally strong and healthy. Ayurveda believes that a lack of nutrition in the shukra dhatu or the person’s reproductive tissue is the cause of infertility. This can be triggered by indigestion, anxiety, depression, insomnia and the presence of toxins in the body. Some of the ways Ayurveda can be used to treat infertility are as follows:
- Eat cool foods: Spicy food can affect the quality of shukra dhatu and lower the quality and quantity of both sperm and ovum. This is because shukra dhatu requires a cool environment to promote fertility. Hence, eat food that is easy to digest and which has a cooling effect on the body. Men can benefit from foods like asparagus, dates and almonds, while foods like quinoa and pineapples can help a woman conceive easily.
- Shirodhara therapy: Shirodhara involves the movement of liquid over the forehead in a rhythmic manner at specific points. This stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands and aids in the secretion of hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When it comes to women, FSH stimulates the ovarian follicles into releasing an egg without which it would be impossible to conceive a child.
- Fight stress: One of the effects of stress is reduced libido. Prolonged exposure to stress is often a major factor that contributes to infertility. When it comes to women, stress makes a woman ovulate less regularly. In men, stress can affect the sperm production and affect testosterone levels. To fight stress, try deep breathing exercises like alom vilom or keep a little time aside each morning for a walk or light exercise.
- Lodhra: This herb is very beneficial in treating women with infertility. It stimulates FSH and luteinising hormones (LH) and lowers the risk of a miscarriage. It also increases chances of conception. Lodhra should be taken twice a day along with honey and milk.
- Lifestyle changes: Ayurveda is not only about herbal medicines but also following the right lifestyle. Bad habits like smoking, drug usage and alcohol not only affect a person’s overall health but also interfere with fertility. Hence, when trying to conceive a child, quit these bad habits and try following a healthier lifestyle that involves following a routine, eating right and exercising regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Pregra news urine pregnancy test is sure and reliable there result. If it give negative result .it is true and reliable. I can trust on its result? please tell me.
My period is missing about 2 month. But the report is negative. But my all sign & symptoms are like to be a pregnant type. My pressure is normal. & m a healthy lady. 22yrs old. Weight 81 kg. & I am 5'5" height. I have never miss period. Please give me some suggestion. Plz.
Hi Doctor, In October 2015, I have had ectopic pregnancy which was treated by salpingectomy and one of my fallopian tube has been removed, want to inform you that my fallopian tube was not raptured but beta-HCG level was high i.e. 50,000 and heartbeats were also present. I just want to know that in future there will be any complication related to my pregnancy?
What are the latest advancements in male contraceptions?
The drawback of surgical approaches (such as vasectomy), especially patient compliance and the low success rates with condoms has spurred research on hormonal contraceptive dosage forms. There is a dearth of investigations in the development of pharmaceutical preparations. Evolving technology in the 21st century as well as improvement in living standards further underline the need for new male contraception approaches, especially those that entail new drug delivery methods.
Here are few areas where male contraception is being researched and used in some countries
Hormonal contraception for men is possible, and we are at the threshold of an important breakthrough. Combined testosterone plus progestin administration is more effective and safer than testosterone alone. Combination of testosterone plus an anti-androgenic progestin has several advantages over other formulations. In combined therapy, single injection formulation may have better compliance.
- Conventional male contraception
- Abstinence (doesn't work well)
- Male condom
There are other methods being developed but not sure they are there yet. But for guys? Their options are stuck in a time warp. If a man wants to take pregnancy prevention into his own hands, his choice basically comes down to condoms, a vasectomy, withdrawal, or abstinence. That’s why it's so amazing that scientists are finally developing some real advancements when it comes to male contraception.
Researchers writing in the April issue of the Open Access Journal Contraception published a rundown of the top emerging options. A few hold real promise, particularly a daily or weekly pill that would deliver a dose of artificial hormones to a guy’s bloodstream, which would then act on reproductive hormones to stop sperm from being produced. Like the female hormonal pill, the male hormonal pill would be reversible. But also like the female hormonal pill, there appear to be side effects, among them acne, weight gain, and even trickier to work around, changes in testosterone levels that trigger a plunge in libido.
Non-hormonal techniques are also being developed, particularly a vaccine that immunizes men with antibodies to halt sperm production. This so-called male birth-control shot is encouraging, because it targets sperm directly (rather than targeting other hormones in the body) and doesn’t have the testosterone-lowering side effects of a hormonal pill. Each injection would last for long intervals (experts aren’t yet sure how long), but the pregnancy-preventing effects would be reversible, if and when a guy decides he’s ready to be a dad.
So when can you expect to see men rushing out to the pharmacy counter to pick up their new birth control Rx? “I think we may see a novel male contraceptive within 10-12 years, That may seem far off, but hey at least it’s finally within sight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.