Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul SalunkheYour feedback matters!
Hi. Last cycle I underwent follicular study .and on my 12th day it was 11 mm. Post wic it dint grow. I used siphene tablets from day two. Could you tell me the reasons for not growing.
My wife is pregnant with 32 weeks. I have done first and second trimester sonography and all reports are normal. After two month (32 weeks pregnancy) showing borderline ventriculomagaly. Is there any risk on baby abnormalities.
Sir I was married. With out pregnancy I want sex with my wife. With out any safety. Which time will do sex.
Hello .I am 23 years old and I didn't had my period since 3 months. Really worried .I am not masturbating not. I am virgin. Can you guide me what to do In order to have regular periods? Help m plz.
1. First, don’t isolate yourself – When you’re feeling lonely it is hard to go out and be with others who seem to be OK, and don’t really notice how lonely you feel. But putting up a wall and withdrawing from your friends will only intensify that sense of loneliness, and will further undermine your self-esteem.
2. Second, keep yourself busy – Do things that you normally enjoy with others. For example, listening to a band or maybe going to watch a game … or you could always try something that’s new, but interests you! That would allow you to connect in a non-threatening way … as it takes the focus off talking, and off you.
3. Third, be kind to yourself - It’s likely that you regularly beat yourself up, criticise yourself and are unrealistic in the kinds of expectations that you have for yourself. So what, if it goes wrong? You can always try again – just learn what you can from the experience. And notice your successes and the times when it goes well. It’s likely that this happens a lot more than you think!
4. Fourth, recognise that we ALL battle loneliness at times - You’re not some kind of freak – it’s actually quite normal. It something we’ve all known and understand.
5. Fifth, talk to someone you like and trust – It can really help to talk about your feelings with a family member, a friend or counsellor. It relieves some of the painful sense of isolation – and help to get your life back in perspective again.
I am having fungal infection in my vagina from past 2 days. I am washing it with V wash but its getting puffier by rubbness. Kindly refer me some medicine and diet to cure and prevent.
I ate lots of cashews yesterday and realised today when I was gonna eat again that it got spoiled with lots of worms inside the cashews. I ate a lot of them and now I feel disgusting inside as I know I ate a lot of worms too. What should I do to avoid any problem.
My friend is having lot of stomach pain vomiting from few days she had unprotected sex 4 months before n she got her periods 3 times is there a chance she may be pregnant she's worried a lot please suggest.
She missed her period for 9 days but pregnancy test kit shows negative 2 times within 78 hrs what should I do? She is pregnant or not.
I am married from past 11 years taking infertility treatment my wife 9 years back due to tubinal pregnancy left side tube removed after that still not conceived three times Iui and one time laparoscopy did my semen analyzes. its okay as told by doctor my wife diagnosed pcod taking Cystop and overflow for past 10 months still not conceived my age 39 wife's age 32 may we go for IVF how cost it is we both are in close relation if it affects anything. please advise?
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
We are trying for second baby since 4 years now. We both are 38 years old and my wife is having pcos. All other tests like thyroid, HSG are normal. She took letrozole, oosure for six months but no results. Is there any cure for pcos? As we cannot wait more because of age factor, Will laparoscopic ovarian drilling help in our case? What are the chances of conception after this procedure ?or we should go for IUI or IVF? Which treatment is advisable? Multiple opinions from all doctors would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I've discovered milky white secretion from breast after my husband and I had intercourse. The fluid came due to pressure on breast. I am not pregnant neither there is any abnormal lump on my breast or inside. I am really worried about this sudden secretion as it seemed abnormal to me. But it gave me no pain. I've non-classical pcos and I am afraid if there is any hormonal imbalance in my body. What can be the causes of this secretion? Do I need to go for medical examination? I am really worried and confused. Please help me by providing relevant information.
I am 7 months pregnant. Sometimes in sleep I am lying in my back. Is lying straight will be a serious issue?
Meri wife k haath or pair me sansnaht hoti h or sun ho jate h. Pain b hota h. Fingurs me pain hota. Or apne aap normal ho jaate h. Ye achnk hi hota h. Ye last 1-1. 5 month se ho rha h. Hmari saadi ko 3. 5yrs. Ho gye. Baby concive nhi hua. Report normal h. Haat pair ki problm abhi suru hui h. Kaam me nhi lgta. Thoda wait b bdha h. Sir please help me.
I am 26 week pregnant and I'm a epilepsy patient I have not gain much weight I'm just 54,so what are the things that I could eat at this time.
My aunt cannot become pregnant she has gone through operation. So can I have sex with her without condom or should I use condom. And can we sex daily.
I am 3 month pregnant hb is 12.40 I am jst taking folic acid do I need to take any other medication for wellness?
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.