Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul SalunkeYour feedback matters!
I am 28 I have bad breath problem my duty is 8 hours but last 3 years I am working 12 hours my problem is bad smell coming I had last 3 years sex relation 2 aunts one time I will do oral sex with my tung 2014 to 2016 my alcohol time and sex start this time now I had small block dots in my legs this and I reached homeopathy's and doctors and dentist also she will inform me you have 3 holes in teeth that's y bad smell coming now what can I go doctor or homeopathy or dentist please inform me last 3 years I have this problem.
Calcium phosphate is the main component of the tooth enamel so any deficiency in calcium can cause damage to the enamel. Calcium is not only required for having healthy teeth but also healthy bones and heart.
Healthy teeth are a sign of good overall health and wellbeing. There are many factors that impact the health of the teeth such as improper diet, smoking, and sugar.
Benefits of calcium for teeth
- Calcium reduces the chances of losing a teeth
- It reduces chances of cavities
- Calcium, when combined with a proper nutritious diet, helps in increasing the longevity of the teeth
- Calcium can reduce chances of gum disease
- Calcium along with other minerals also help in improving blood supply around the teeth area
- A calcium compound, amorphous calcium phosphate helps in fluoride absorption in the tooth enamel
- It limits loss of mass in the jawbone
- Calcium also fortifies the bones around the jaw to reduce bone problems such as loss of bone structure as one gets older
- It helps in protecting the teeth from acidic components that cause tooth decay
To have healthy teeth, one needs to have a balanced diet that meets the regular calcium requirements besides following a healthy lifestyle.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth
What are the disadvantages/side effects of removing wisdom tooth? My wisdom tooth has decayed and destroying the 2nd molar now. My doctor suggests to remove it surgically. I am little unsure if i should go ahead. Please help.
Sir I am parag, 25 old male and my inner mouth skin went dry due to chewing gutkha or pan etc. So I can not tolerate a little bit of pepercorn of chilli. Plese suggest me what to do and if there any medicine pls suggest. Thank u.
I wanted to know, how I can protect my teeth. Please suggest some household remedy for me. Also I have cavity and tooth decaying problem. So please help me.
Hi doctor, Pus-formation on my upper premolor tooth gums, its been happening since last one month .It stays for few days and then busrt.Although I am not feeling any severe discomfort.So what advise would u give me, do I need to go for the root canal or medication will be suffice. Thanks in advance. Tag-Dental,Dentist
I was having cold and wet cough in the beginning. Then took medicines and cough was gone. But now m having sum really strange symptoms from last 2 months which are not improving till now. These symptoms include cold, sore throat, feeling that something is caught in throat, right side of throat is bit swollen, a painless skin has grown inside mouth (gums, inner cheeks, roof of mouth), upper lip is thickened, some teeth shape has been changed. I have consulted a dentist but he said its normal. But m still worried. Do I require any tests. M so worried. What to do. Please sum1 advice me. What does these symptoms mean?
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.