Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Physiotherapists online in Saharanpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Rahul Kumar Sehgal
Submit a review for Rahul Kumar SehgalYour feedback matters!
How to reduce uric acid, my age is 29. I have a knee pain left leg, uric acid is the reason for my knee pain? I have a doubt.
I am having back ache since last few months along with numbness on my right thigh area. I consulted an neurologist and did an xray, however he didn't find anything wrong. He has recommended exercise. A few after taking medicine I am having back pain haunting back. Also have gastric issues. Is this a cause? Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from pain and laziness from six days and I am not able to walk a minute so please give me best solution its my humble request to you.
I have a knee pain for 2 months in my right leg. I am getting this pain when bend my leg. May I know the reason of getting this pain? How can I cure this?
I am suffering from lower back pain from the past 15-20 days. I can walk sit do all works but the pain is consistent. Also some times left part of the back starts paining so I sleep the right side, then right part starts paining. I feel the pain is not going because I not taking complete bed rest as suggested.
Suffering from teasing heart pain and in left shoulder pain feeling like a gas issue but bit worried. Pls suggest.
I am 74 years old lady. I am advised for knee surgery. I am in pain at my knee joints since last 4 months but still am able to walk erect with managable discomfort. Xray shows complete cartilage loss at knee joint. Do you suggest surgery now or should I wait for pain to become unbearable? I have been started on dolo-650 & calcim pouch. I am a patient of high bp and diabetes too. Do advice. Should I wait or just go ahead with surgery.
I meet an accident 15 days ago continuing with calcium medicine and glucosamine only and my x ray was this .pls help me with how to heal fast and be in a better stage I am an athlete.
When performing simple daily activities like climbing stairs, getting out of a chair, or walking tend to become a rather painful experience, knee replacement surgery seems to be the only suitable solution. Referred to as arthroplasty, it is a common surgery nowadays and ideal when several other therapies and injections fail to bring back the knees into the normal functioning order. Below are some the things that one can expect from a knee replacement surgery.
- Medications: It is quite natural to receive lots of prescribed medicines right after the completion of the surgery. From antibiotics to painkillers, one needs to be ready to have various medicines which are meant to relieve the pain of the surgery as well as to prevent blood clots. However, the drug dosages continue to get lesser, after each passing day, depending on how well the knees are performing.
- CPM: Taking the help of CPM or continuous passive motion becomes necessary for many people after having the knee replacement surgery. Depending on the condition of one’s knee, one might need to spend time in a CPM system, which helps in keeping the knee flexible. There’s a cradle in the machine for the legs, and the machine is fitted with the joint position and leg length. One can adjust the level up to which the machine can bend the knees, depending on their comfort level.
- Walking: The majority of the people who undergo knee replacement surgery can walk the very day of the surgery or the next day. Most of the people become able to bear the weight of the replaced knee with the help of crutches or walkers. However, one can expect a bit of pain when starting to walk for the first time after surgery.
- Rehabilitation: The primary purpose of rehabilitation after a knee replacement surgery is to make one capable of bending his or her knees at least 90 degrees which is essential for performing the daily activities easily. Several therapies can make the rehabilitation process a success and make the knees bendable more than 90 degrees in most of the cases.
- Exercise: Most people go home within a few days after a knee replacement surgery and is essential to take care post-surgery. The best way to maintain the good health of the knees is by performing the exercise program regularly, which is suggested by the doctors. Following the exercise program regularly and performing regular short walks, can make the knees flexible like before while regaining their strength as well as the motion range more quickly.
It's best to visit one's doctor from time to time, even months after the knee replacement surgery is done to not only monitor his or her knee replacement; but also to ensure that there are no risks of any complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.