Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul JainYour feedback matters!
Hello, My Son is 14 months old and not a single teeth has come. What should I do is there any treatment? Please Reply.
Suddenly I got a toothache But in that tooth there is no prblm. Neither I have chewed any steel or stone with that tooth. What may be the cause?
I have savior pain in my back side teeth, it has become black hole in that .what medicine should I take?
Hiii Doctor, I am 25 Year Man, I have a problem in my teeth, I am facing problem in upper line of teeth, where blood release from teeth, when I gargle, I find some blood contain in water, there are little difference between teeth, some time I feel some bad smell from teeth, so how can I resolve this problem.
I have a gap between the 2 front litter teeth. I use a floss and inter dental everyday but after some months tartar builds up this gap. How can I address the issue for the long term?
I am 25 year hold I am suffering from Toothache last 20days I taken medicine also but still its same.
I have a cavity in upper jaw, since 2 years, I did filling last year but it is now removed from teeth and sometimes it pains, sometimes I feel sensation while drinking water. Asked a doctor, he suggested me to take it out, is there no alternative?
Actually mere dant me gap tha to maine braces lagaya tha. 23 month tk maine braces rakh. Ab mere danoto ke gap khatm ho gaye hai. To mere donctor ne mjhe bola hai ki retainer lagwane ke liye. To kya retainer lagwana bahut jaruri hai. Ya ni v lagwaye to koi problm ni hoga. Please mujhe bataye.
Hi doctor, its been 3 days .i feel some kind of sensation in my jaw .i like to press hard my jaw .what kind of symptoms is that. Please help me out.
I have a dental problem in my last teeth injured with brush & I not able to eat food properly please suggest me good treatment.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.