Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul Ashok ShroffYour feedback matters!
I have an problem in my eyes I can't see properly so what can I do try to solve my problem as soon as possible.
I was punched by an elbow on my eye by accident almost 2 days ago. It was painful but it was looking normal. This afternoon I noticed blood on my eye, blurry vision and a very light pain. What should I do?
Hello sir Actually my question is my right eye is suitable for LASIK or not bcz in my right eye has cylindrical and sphere .
Allergic conjunctivitis is the result of a foreign particle (allergen) coming in contact with the eye. Once this happens, the immune system overreacts resulting into an inflammation of the eye. The eyes sore with pain. The over secretion of the histamine dilates the blood vessels causing the nerve to irritate and blood vessels of the eyes to expand. Some common reasons of allergic conjunctivitis include eye drops, pollen, dust mites, makeup and animal fur. The good news is that allergic conjunctivitis is easily treatable. Here are top five ways to deal with this condition:
- Taking care of the eye: It is advised not to wear contact lenses until the symptoms go away fully. If any medication is used, a person must wait for at least 24 hours before putting on the contact lenses. Sometimes our hands carry major pollens that result in allergic conjunctivitis. It is equally important not to rub the eye without washing both the hands. Many studies have also reported that frequent bathing of the eye with cold water helps to clear the symptoms quickly. Some even say that frequent splash of warm water does the trick.
- Avoid the allergen: Allergen being the villain behind the occurrence of this condition, it is very important to stay away from it. In peak pollen times, it makes sense to close the door. In case a person must go out, it makes sense to wear a sunglass. A pillow made of feathers should be changed every week to stay away from the infection. The number of dust mites at home should be decreased as much as one can.
- Antihistamines: To quickly get rid of allergic conjunctivitis, doctors often prescribe antihistamines. It can be in the form of eye drop or oral presentation. They can successfully counter the effect of histamine which the body produces because of the hyper activity of the immune system. An antihistamine can block the aggressive effect of the immune system in a short time. Some of the commonly prescribed histamines include loratadine, cetirizine, emedastine, and ketotifen. People taking this form of the medicine for the very first time should refrain from carrying heavy load or driving.
- Mast cell Stabilizers: These takes a little longer to act as compared to antihistamines. Their effects, however, are more lasting compared to its peers. Some of the popular mast cell stabilizers include nedocromil and lodoxamide. This medicine belongs to a non-steroid family and can successfully block the chemicals that cause inflammation.
- Corticosteroids: These medicines are only prescribed by doctors when the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are serious. They belong to the steroid family of medicine produced synthetically. They can reduce the immune response of the body quickly and reduce the swelling as well. They can have possible side-effects. It is therefore wise, to consult a doctor before using it. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a problem of my EyeSight. My Right EyeSight is Proper working But my left EyeSight is -2.5. How is this. How can I Improve my EyeSight?
Sir my mouth is not open properly causes chewing gutkha. Sir give me some advise for my biggest problem I want to came out from this. I can contact with uu. Please help. Me.
Hello doctor my name is rajeev, I am software engineer ,my eye so feels weak day by day so ,why this happen to me, what can I do for weakness.
My both eye sight is _ 6. Something I want again nomal eye sight whai I do and were is a best treatment without painfully and how much cost for this treatment without face any problems in future.
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
There been pain in my eyes while studying on computer screen. Persistently it becomes headache. What is it?
From past one week I'm frequently getting water from my eyes while driving and while using computer. I'm a 22 year old male, I'm employee my work is based on computer. Daily on a average I'll use system for about 6-8 hrs. Is this because of using system more frequently? What are prevention or care need to be taken? Are there chances of getting eye site? If so what precautions need to taken to stay safe? Thank you! Waiting for a valuable response.
I have week eye sight. What should I do for increasing my eye sight. I am a kid of 16 yrs. I am suffering from myopia.
I am 17 years old and I have CYL-0.5 power in my both eyes. Should I increase or decrease my eye power to become perfect that is no variations i.e to make my eye completely correct. Is that possible by decreasing or increasing power?
Cataract is clouding of clear natural lens present inside the eye, this is a major cause of decreased vision in elderly. Cataracts can occur in one or both eyes, usually developing very slowly. Things look blurry, hazy, less colourful and less sharp with cataract.
Most cataracts are related to ageing, however many other factors can either increase the rate of formation or cause cataract formation.
Causes of Cataract Formation-
Ageing: Most common cause. As the proteins present in the lens of the eye degenerates over the years ( just like any other organ) cataract is formed. If you are having Diabetes or hypertension, the rate of formation gets accelerated.
Radiation: Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays, especially UV-B rays, results in cataract in your eyes. Wearing sunglasses in the daytime helps in slowing down the process of cataract.
How To Detect Cataract?
Certain signs and symptoms suggest the existence of cataract in the eye. Depending on the type and level of cataract, problems in vision occurs. The main symptom is foggy cloudy vision as if seeing through a dirty glass window.
Other Symptoms are-
- inability to see clearly in bright light (during the day) which becomes better in dim light ( evening and night) and vice versa.
- watery, tired eyes - mild pain in and around eyes.
- yellow tinge in vision
- Halos around light bulbs or bright light.
If you are experiencing above symptoms and having problems in viewing things clearly, visit an ophthalmologist and get your eyes checked.