Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul Ashok ShroffYour feedback matters!
I am 59 years old and have been operated twice for allergic nasal polyps (1985 and 1993). Now I have again nasal block due to polyps and have to use medicines. Also I have cataract right eye (in very early stage). Is there any effective treatment for these conditions in ayurveda. Thank you.
I am student I want to put on my weight how to I do. I am very weak I have itching problem also in cold and summer in whole body. Under the eye I have dark circle. In my chin some small moles or pore or fungal type infection are continuously are grow. I am very weak. So am not focused on studies.
Any 1 doctor that improve my eye sight in just 1 month or 2 months I have 1 number 1 eye medicine or any exercise.
I have a problem of my EyeSight. My Right EyeSight is Proper working But my left EyeSight is -2.5. How is this. How can I Improve my EyeSight?
I am heaving pain in my eyes since two days and my eyes are also becomes red very early and sometimes they started paining and tear comes out from eyes automatically what should I do.
Whenever I use my smartphone late at night next day I use to heavy pain on my right eye, it feels like that something fire is burning behind the eye and it continues to pain for 3 days and gradually my eye use to get small in size. I use to feel problem with sound and light, what is the reason behind this? Is it migraine?
I have eye itching after travelling for hours. And eye becomes red after sometime. Please give me a good advice.
My eyes are becoming red and pain is also in it. And also I have dark circle below my eyes. Whenever I go outside my eyes become red and pain is start in my eyes. My eye side is also weak. I can not see small fonts of a book. So please suggest me something about my reddish eyes, pain in my eyes, dark circle in my eyes and my weak eye side. So please suggest me some medicines and some care also of possible. Also suggest some advice. Thank you.
Sir I have a private job and work there about 8 hours at computer. My eyesight is weak what should I do for my eye problem. Right eye glass power plus 4.5 and left eye 3.5.
Hello doctor I have sight problem so I use spectacle from 8 years .due to that when I take off spots my eyes looks like different like they are inside. How to make normal look?
DEAR DOCTOR/S, I GO MY EYE TESTED TODAY, REPORT AS FOLLOWS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE CORRECT LENS TO BE PUT ON. VD=12 SPH CYL AX +1.00 +0.25 107 +1.00 +0.25 105 +1.00 +0.25 107 --------------------------- +1.00 +0.25 107 +0.75 +0.50 61 +0.75 +0.50 60 +0.75 +0.50 60 +0.75 +0.50 64 -------------------------- +0.75 +0.50 60 PD = 67 NPD = 63 (40) KINDLY UPDATE ME THE REPORT ASAP. THANKS DOCTOR
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.