Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ragini MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I've diabetes. How can I prevent kidney disease and keep them healthy? I feel the urge to pee a lot and also experience inflammation while peeing.
I have thyroid problem, worried as weight not getting reduced. I do rotational shifts, due to this am not having proper diet and exercises. Please suggest a diet for me to reduce weight and am getting stretch marks on my body too.
Hi I have thyroid since many years. But my weight was normal before taking thyroid medicine. Now after taking medicine for so many years I v started gaining weight especially on face. Should I stop taking medicine? I have hypothyroidism n taking medicine since 9 years.
Hi, My mother (age 59) is a diabetic patient. Now a days she is often refusing to eat well due to recently started tiredness and body ache which changes within different regions of the body. She always prefer to lay in bed or on floor to get cool. She says, she is having some kind of upset in stomach and in chest when she eats food. She was diagnosed with a fibroid in the uterus four years back. Now she is continuing home medicines for fibroid, diabetes and blood pressure. I would like to know all the probable reasons behind these symptoms and also good examples of complete diet (Indian style breakfast, lunch, dinner) to keep her healthy and active. Faithfully.
I am a Diabetic and am facing problem in the erection and sustainability. Please advise accordingly.
I am a patient of hypothyroidism and I was advised to take thyroxine 25 mcg from 15th of august 2014. When the test was repeated on 28th of january 2015, the tsh level was 11.54 (chemiluminescence) and I was advised to take 50mcg of thyroxine. Today' s reading is 10.20. The level has not come down much, even though the dose doubled and I am taking it for the past 60 days. Should I continue to take 50 mcg or increase it?
I am 38 years I am suffering from diabetes since from 6y ears now my Fasting 243 mg/dl, post practical 359 mg, and HbA1c is 12%. I take medicine istamet 5omg/1000 mg at night after meal and early mv2 at empty stomach please help to control diabetes.
I am 38 year old I am suffering from sugar from last 2 years now a days I have pain in my stomach and back side.
I have type-1 diabetes. Since 4 months my age is 18 years female how can I get rid of it for whole life
Hi my sister is 23 old she is suffering from thyroid since 4 years she is using thyronorm 25 mg tablets and full of hair loss so please suggest something. .
I am a diabetic since 1989. I am under continuous treatment and my blood glucose levels remain under control mostly. But for last two years I have been suffering from acute acidity. Doctor has prescribed omez 20 once daily empty stomach. This medicine has given me relief. Can omez 20 be continued for a long time?
I have thyroid and taking medicine, hormonal imbalance, irregular periods, hair fall ,dry skin, breathing problem etc. I have lost all my sexual desire and its effecting on our married relation. Please suggest me how to over come ?i am following good diet and doing physical activities.
I am suffering from diabetes I would like to take green tea can I take two cups green tea daily with honey.
I am suffering from lower back pain since 3 years and having hypothyroid problem (high tsh). Therefore taking medicine of 2x50 mg of thyroxine since long time.
What is the possibility and kinds of of birth defects that can happen in babies if the mother has normal T3, T4, and TSH values but father has hypothyroidism which is genetic in his family?
I m 100 kg now and I want to loose 20 kg in 2 to 3 months . I had high uric acid up 8 and have skin problem.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.