Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raghvendra JadhavYour feedback matters!
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
I have lumbar disc bulge n usually gets stomach ache during periods. I'm feeling more back ache during this time. Does the pain aggravates during the menstrual periods? If so what should I do to overcome the pain. Also we were planning for kids, but since I got lumber disc bulge, doctor suggested not to go for pregnancy at least for 3 months. How should I get rid of the back problem. Please suggest me.
Hii. My marriage is planned on 9 march and my period date is 26feb. But my periods usually delay. And I want to get my period on time. Is dr any medicn thru which my periods wll come on time. Plz help me out.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Hi doctor, I have pcos from past two years. I did not take any precautions. Before 10 months I got married. Now I am trying for a baby. Recently I hav consulted to a gynic. They gave metformin and goecyst. I hav used it for 2 months. I got periods in 32 days. Now my doc suggested ovaa should-ds. I am taking this from past two days. Will it help me to get conceive? Pls reply.
We had unprotected sex. And its 1 month nd 15 days Pregnancy test are positive What is the best way for abortion.
Do the contraceptive pills like overall-l or malad/n (all or any one of them) reduce AMH/FSH/LH value in females? If yes, to what extent and what should be done to avoid? (this is for suppressing cyst)
Dr. I have a period problem .i had intercourse with my husband on 1 and 3 rd oct with security n I am worried whether I am pregnant. I am a newly married girl n not at all prepared for baby. I have take unwanted 72 on 4th noon. And my last month periods date was 8th n today is 11 .i m really worried that why I am not getting in periods. So far I had done 3 test from preganews all were negative. please help me out. I really need your advice.
Am 7th Month pregnant, baby moves every 10 to 15 min very lastly in womb. After stop the moving iam having a littlebit pain in stomach. Please guide us in this regard.
Pls guide about calender system. My wife has regular period on 23rd every month. So when we go for safe sex without taking any protection. Pls tell elaborately. We are confuse .pls. We just got married. Regards.
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.
Is regestrone 5mg tablet safe to take on a regular basis nearly every mnth to prevent excessive bleeding due to fibroid. Can it be used as a contraceptive as well.
I am 18 years old. I want to prepone or postpone my periods as I have a flight to america on 1st. please help
I am 39 years old woman. Weight 75 kg. I am trying to conceive since last 10 years. Bt no luck. I have tried medication n losing weight. Yet in vain. The doctor said that I have very less eggs. Is there any other way to get pregnant naturally.
There are some diseases which a person can get affected by due to no fault of theirs, at all. And then, there are lifestyle diseases for which a person is solely responsible. So what can be done in order to fight lifestyle diseases like hypertension and diabetes, which can cause more than a fair amount of trouble?
The most important thing to keep in mind when an individual is battling a lifestyle disease is the diet of the person. Even for someone who has not had the misfortune of being affected by such a disease, the general level of health has a lot to do with what is eaten and drunk. One of the first things one should do is to eliminate the unhealthy fats (also known as saturated fats and trans-fats) that may be a part of one’s diet and replace them with more healthy fats. For instance, chips and other oily food need to be replaced with unsaturated fats. Omega 3 fatty acids are also good for the body, if consumed in a reasonable quantity. One of the best sources for Omega 3 is fish.
One of the ways to determine if a person is at risk is by checking if the waist size of an individual is larger than what it should be. In the case of men, if the waist size is more than 40 inches, it means he may be at significant risk. On the other hand, when it comes to women, the waist size should not exceed 35 inches.
A lot of people do try and eat food which is more nutritious. While this is a very good and recommended practice, the pitfall comes by way of not keeping track of what is eaten. So, it is always a good idea to keep a food diary. Not only does this increase the chances of a person sticking to a beneficial diet, but also it provides a record, which can be checked to measure the intake of salt, sugar and fat. This is important since salt often becomes a major cause leading to lifestyle diseases. So, there should be no added salt to meals once they are prepared. Instead of using salt, herbs can add a wonderful flavour to your meals. Similarly, excess consumption of sugar or fat is also not beneficial in the long run.