Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raghvendra Jadhav
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raghvendra JadhavYour feedback matters!
How can anyone prevent bartholin cyst caused to women and what measures should be taken to overcome it.
My sister is 21 years old. From last one week she is suffering from severe stomach ache on left side. Nd have Breast pain. And complaining white vaginal discharge. What could be the reason and treatment.
Sir if any girl abortion her self two/one times than what may be, can it be known later by medical that she has abotioned her self 1-2 times?
Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age.
PCOS causes irregular menstrual cycles, excessive body or facial hair and polycystic ovaries as it's main symptoms.
The cause of PCOS is not known. Some women with PCOS are less sensitive to insulin than other women. Insulin resistance can cause the ovaries to produce too many male hormones. The resulting hormonal imbalance can cause symptoms of PCOS. Currently, PCOS has no cure, but a variety of PCOS treatments can help alleviate the symptoms of this disease, including fertility.
PCOS symptoms -
-irregular or missing menstrual periods
-excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
-thinning hair on the scalp
-weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
-skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
-birth control pills to regulate menstruation
-ovulation induction to treat infertility
-treatment for hair loss
-removal of other skin problems
Lifestyle and prevention
A healthy diet low in refined carbohydrates is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels. Exercise can also help the body regulate insulin and keep excess weight off. Losing weight is challenging with PCOS but doing so can help reduce the male hormone levels in the body, and some women will begin to ovulate naturally. With a proper diagnosis, lifestyle changes and PCOS treatments, women can get relief from this condition and the overwhelming health problems it can cause.
-infertility-birth control pills
We are trying to pregnancy conceive but after ejaculate sperm into vagina immediately white thickness coming out from vagina is this problem to conceive pregnancy.
How much months or years should I breastfeed my baby, he is now 1. 5 yrs. Till now he takes my milk only twice in 24 hrs. Or thrice. I want to loose my weight, tab garcinia is given to me, so in such a little amount of breastfeeding to my baby, am I passing side-effects to baby. Or no need to take garcinia for weight loss.
Parkinsonism is often mistaken for Parkinson's Disease. Though similar in quite a few aspects, yet Parkinsonism is not the same as Parkinson's Disease. Parkinsonism is a medical condition whereby the affected individual exhibits some symptoms identical to those observed in the case of a Parkinson's disease.
Factors that lead to Parkinsonism
Parkinsonism can result from a host of factors and health condition such as
- Increased and repeated exposure to toxic gases and substances, namely organic solvents, cyanide, manganese, or carbon monoxide.
- People suffering from the repeated head injury (as in the case of boxing or wrestling).
- The medications used in the treatment of psychiatric problems (antipsychotic medicines) or those used in treating nausea (Prochlorperazine or even Metoclopramide). Some of the antipsychotic drugs have the potential to interfere (block) with the activity of the neurotransmitter Dopamine resulting in parkinsonism.
- The use of MPTP (1-Methyl-4-Phenyl-1,2,3,6-Tetrahydropyridine), especially the oxidized product MPP+ (1-methyl-4-Phenylpyridinium) can wreck havoc resulting in parkinsonism and the associated symptoms.
Some of the medical conditions that can contribute towards Parkinsonism include
- Viral Encephalitis (resulting in acute brain inflammation).
- Alzheimer's Disease (a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that triggers cognitive and behavioral problems often accompanied with dementia).
- Multiple system atrophy (a progressive neurodegenerative disorder resulting in dysfunctioning of the autonomic nervous system and the voluntary movements).
- Progressive supranuclear palsy or Steele-Richardson-Olszewski syndrome (a rare disorder of the brain that interferes with the balancing, walking, and the eye movements of the affected person.
- Stroke or a brain tumor.
- Lewy body dementia (a condition triggered by the unusual accumulation of alpha-synuclein protein in the brain with the person exhibiting symptoms associated with both Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease).
- Wilson Disease (an autosomal recessive condition whereby copper starts accumulating in the vital organs including the liver and the brain).
In patients with parkinsonism,
- The muscles appear stiff. A person experiences a resting tremor (tremor that mainly affects one hand even when the muscles are relaxed), along with difficulty while walking or balancing their body. (These symptoms are also characteristic of a Parkinson's disease).
- Further, there may be early signs of dementia (loss of memory or forgetfulness). There may be Agnosia, Aphasia, or Apraxia
- Constipation, a dip in the blood pressure, difficulties in eating or swallowing of food.
- Hallucinations and loss of judgment (such as failing to locate the kitchen or bathroom at home).
- Unusual eye movements.
According to Ayurveda, Parkinsonism is a manifestation of the vitiation of the Vata Dosha (Wind energy) that takes place in the cranial nerves. Thus, corrective measures are followed to restore the balance between the Vata, Kapha, and Pitta Dosha.
- Panchakarma can bring about a visible improvement in patients with Parkinsonism. Oil massages using Ashwagandha and Bala can work wonders.
- Brahmi is another wonder herb used to treat Parkinsonism.
- Meditation, exercise (light to moderate), yoga can be helpful in the case of Parkinsonism.
- Try and make the diet as nutritious and healthy as possible.
- A Warm Ayurvedic Oil Application is very effective in relieving these kinds of aches and pain if done on regular basis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!