Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radhika
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RadhikaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 32 year old and my wife is 23 year old, We are trying to get baby but not happening as she is not getting pregnancy. Please suggest on this as how to get pregnant. You advise will be highly appreciated.
Hello. I am 23. My periods was due on 24th but I dint get my periods, however my periods are quite regular and some times there is a delay of periods by a week also. So I am still expecting my periods by this month end. But I am traveling on 1st of april and have a lot of traveling to do till 7th april. I was thinking about delaying my periods till 7th. A lot of my friends told me that it is safe that once in blue moon we take medicine to delay the periods. But in my mind there is a great deal of hesitation, I have never done anything to go against nature till date and I feel delaying periods for 7-10 days may harm me. What should I do? Please provide me a good guidance regarding this. Thank you.
I have had severe back acne and acne marks in the back for a very long time now. I have pcos because of which initially there were a lot of breakouts on my face too but now they have completely gone except the back acne. Please suggest the treatment for it.
Hi, my wife is 6 week pregnant and she is anaemic. She has been having frequent vomiting throughout the day. I am supplementing her with glucose and lime juice along with fresh fruits and dry fruits. Just after taking half vomikind tablet, she is vomiting. please guide me further.
I m planning to go for worship at vaishnav devi on 16 th of dec. But afaird of my periods. My regular date was 3rd of every month now its delayed what so I do. Any medicine or any remedy for it.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.