Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RadhikaYour feedback matters!
Many studies have shown that excessive caffeine intake affects your chances of conceiving by influencing the ovulation, hormone, and the fallopian tubes but the opinions on this issue are divided. However, research on this topic mostly indicates that, though caffeine can give you a kickstart in the morning, it can have quite a reverse effect on your efforts to conceive.
How intake of excessive caffeine reduces your chances of conceiving?
The fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying the eggs from ovaries to the uterus by rhythmic movements and too much caffeine can affect this movement and cause disruption in the journey of the eggs. Moreover, consuming more caffeine has also been associated with baby's growth restriction, miscarriages, and weight issues. It is preferable to get rid of caffeine altogether from your diet when you are trying to conceive but if you are an avid coffee drinker then you might want to cut back or replace your caffeine intake with milk and syrup which is far more healthy and beneficial.
Which foods and beverages do you need to avoid?
There are so many caffeinated foods and beverages, that it is almost impossible to avoid them. But it is better to take note of them so that you can regulate your caffeine intake. Coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks are obvious sources of caffeine as they are supposed to give you energy. Some herbal teas also contain caffeine. Chocolate, ice creams and candies with coffee flavors, over the counter drugs for allergies, cold and headache also contain caffeine so it is important to read the ingredients list before consuming any of them.
To higher your chances of getting pregnant, it is important to cut back on caffeine. Most doctors are of the opinion that exceeding 50 mg of caffeine intake daily can seriously hamper your chances of conceiving. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have done protected sex with my boyfriend on 21st june and check condoms after having sex and found that they were intact. But we did unprotected anal. And I have taken i-pill after 16 hours. My period date on previous month was 3.5.16. But on this month its has been 3 days of my date but I am not bleeding. Though my periods are quite regular. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Please advise. I am just freaking out.
My periods started yesterday after 2 months. Last my periods begin on 15th april. The flow is very less and there is a lot of pain. What should I do?
I am 29 years and I sometimes experience pain in the lower part left of my stomach and my left arm. I take pain relief but it still comes back. What do I do?
I can't sleep properly from last 3 days. I feel weakness in my head and body. I am just restless. I am 5th month pregnant.
Hi sir, I had a anal sex with my wife. After that I feel very pain while am going to urinate. What may the causes for it. Please give me the correct answer.
I want to know about healthy diet plans. So that I can put on some more weight, I am using protein powder but I am not satisfied with results.
I am 14 weeks pregnant. I have IVF baby. I heard that SAFFRON is best for baby. How much should I eat Daily.
Hi mere relationship mere boy frnd ke sath the .and me abhi pregnant nhi hona Chahti. Menses.r tablet se muje periods aa gye the but dec mai nhi aa rhe h. Nd abhi me bhut preshaan hu. Bus mere pait grow ho rha h .nd brest mai pain ho rhi .muje kuch smjh mai nhi aa rha .ki periods hone ke baad bhi me kya pregnant hu. Yea ye sara mera veham hai please
My menstruation happened on 1-Feb-17, on 20-feb I had sex, I took I pill with in 12 hours. Next day morning again I have sex. During 25-28 Feb again menstruation started. In march on 28 menstruation started. Not sure whether these are normal menstruation or bleeding. But from last two day my body is aching. My stomach seems like growing and feeling sleepy getting tired. We have done pregnancy test with preganews on april 2 It has shown negative. But feeling scary, I don't want to be pregnant. Please advice .guide me.
My cousin had sex with her husband two days back and had ipill to avoid pregnancy ,today again she had sex but didn't took medicine, should she take medicine or there are chances that she might get pregnant without eating ipill if she doesn't takes today or within 72 hours.
My wife had a miss period in previous month. But we had a safe matting at that time. Can you please tell me what is the reason behind it. Does she pregnant.
Raw apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural health remedies for detoxification, helping your body digest food more easily and for a quick burst of energy. Apple cider vinegar can also be used for personal care like conditioning your hair, whitening your teeth and as a household cleaner. Some other benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Helps tummy troubles: Apple cider vinegar has some antibiotic properties which help in treating diarrhea, particularly caused by bacterial infection. Sip some apple cider vinegar mixed with water to treat an upset stomach. According to some remedy experts apple cider vinegar contains pectin which helps soothe intestinal spasms.
- Remedy for allergies: Apple cider vinegar thins the mucus, supports the immune system & clears the sinus. Drink 1 teaspoon of vinegar mixed in a glass of water for allergies.
- Soothes a sore throat: It can be used to soothe sore throat. Acidic properties of apple cider vinegar helps kill the germs in the throat. So, you can gargle with a mixture of apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) & warm water (1/4 cup) every hour to get a relief from sore throat.
- Lowers cholesterol: Several animal studies have shown that apple cider vinegar can lower triglycerides, cholesterol & blood pressure. This has to be confirmed in case of humans.
- Helps weight loss: Many human studies suggest that apple cider vinegar if consumed with proper lifestyle changes help in weight loss. Including it in the diet increase the satiety which helps in less consumption of calories & thus helps in losing weight.
- Kill fungus on skin: Antibacterial & anti fungal properties of apple cider vinegar kills bacterial & fungal infections on skin. Rub two times a day on the infected area to get a benefit.
You can add apple cider vinegar in salad dressing, homemade mayonnaise etc and get benefit of it. Another popular way of consuming it is mixing with water and drinking as a beverage. The dosages vary from 1-2 tsp to 1-2 tbsp. As excess of anything is harmful. So, do not exceed the recommended dosage. Excess consumption may have harmful effects. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am unable to do EVS test because of small vaginal opening. Is it the main cause of my failure to become pregnant because of small vaginal opening.Is it difficult to enter the sperms to their destination because of small opening
She is facing problem from last many years but not yet prescribed to any doctor regarding her irregular periods and pain in lower stomach. After 5 6 days of her period cycle again bleeding occurs. Kindly prescribe me some medicine to get her cure.
I dint conceive once in2 years all my and my husband reports are normal v r try normally is it k or we need to take treatment.
Are you experiencing swelling, bump and lesions in your vaginal area? These might be an indication of female vaginal sores. They may be itchy, quite painful, are usually tender and may also produce discharge. The sores usually develop because of skin disorders. Most cases of genital sores are symptoms of some kind sexually transmitted infection (STI).
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is undertaken for finding out the exact cause of genital sores and swelling in women. A pelvic test may also be carried out and you will be required to provide your doctor with your medical history reports. Blood tests, including blood work and a culture of the sore are also used for diagnosis. A culture is referred to as the method of taking a sample from your genital sore and testing it for the detection of bacteria. An ideal treatment method is suggested by your doctor after proper diagnosis.
Based on the symptoms you experience and observe, you can cure vaginal sores by using simple self-care methods before consulting a doctor. A sitz bath is effective for getting relief from pain and discomfort. You can prepare a sitz bath at home by filling your bathtub with warm water and adding a saline solution or baking soda to the water in the bathtub. The water should be up to your hips when you get into the bathtub. You may even purchase a small basin meant for a sitz bath, which is available at all drug stores.
There are various ways of treating vaginal sores and the exact treatment depends on the cause of the sores. Here is a list of the most common treatment methods:
- Use certain oral and topical medicines for treating the sores and getting relief from pain.
- Try other medicines which include pain relievers, antibiotics, corticosteroids, antiviral medications, and certain anti-itch medicines for treating vaginal sores.
- Some forms of genital sores do not require treatment, but you can get rid of them if they are bothering you. A noncancerous cyst is such a type of sore.
- The long term outlook for vaginal sores depends on the cause. Sores accompanied by swelling occur due to chronic skin conditions, which are likely to affect you again in the future. You should get an existing STI treated for avoiding the recurrence of vaginal sores.
- The best way to keep away from vaginal sores is to have safe sex using protection, such as condoms. This will prevent the infection from being transmitted to your sexual partners. You must not hide the fact that you are having vaginal sores to avoid harassment, and should always open up and seek proper treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.