Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RadhikaYour feedback matters!
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I had unprotected sex on April 30 dis year n 3 days ago I took misoprostol nasoclear doh I bleed for 3 days after taking it. Ever since den I continued seeing my normal period which is first week of every month but unusually thing I notice in my body is that my stomach will seems big @ sometimes an tight .pls I need your advice.
After delivery I had got my periods after 8 months and my cycle also increased by 40 days. I do breastfeeding to my 1 year old child as well. My LMP was on 1st may 2016 and till date I have not got my periods yet. I had done a home pregnancy test on 11 june which was negative. Could there be any other issues or any chances of pregnancy? Please help.
I have irregular periods due to thyroid disease what should I have to do to maintain regular periods?
Recently I have done USG of whole abdomen. Result shown that enlarged ovary with suggestive chocolate cysts. One cyst in each ovary. Right oavry measures 3.8 cm x 4.2 cm and left one measures 2.7 cm x 4.4 cm. Pouch of Douglas is free written. No ascites and lymphadenopathy is seen. No size of the cyst is mentioned in report. Can the cyst be cured with medicine?
My cesarean section done 20 days before. Can I walk for 2 hours in a day? And I want to start my job. For that I have to sit for 5 to 6 hour in a day. Can I do that also.
I am 19 years old. I had my last periods on last Sunday i.e 4th dec. I had unprotected sex on 8th of dec so I had IPill. Bt now again on 15th dec. I have my periods! What is the reason behind it? Is there anything to worry about?
Hi mam me and my gf have done intercourse on 17 may without protection and I ejaculated in washroom ,i gave her unwanted 72 in 3 hrs on 17th may, on 23 may she bleeds till 26th ,her date period was on 3rd June ,no bleeding till date ,could you tell me what is the chances of pregnancy and what is the date of next periods?
I am 58 years old woman having normal health, I had menopause almost 2 years ago, I want to know "CAN UNPROTECTED SEX LEAD TO PREGNANCY?
Hallo I want to know that how many days difference is safe for making sex relationship between multiple partner without condom.
Me and my wife are planning for kid we are married for 2 years. So while I was having sex with her I experience dat my semen is cuming like liquid before it has cum like gel. Why is it like dat and will she be pregnant?
I got married some time back. From the beginning I noticed that my wife was not interested in sex. After the birth of one daughter doctor had advised her to undergo surgery she did not. However from that time she avoids sex. Now for months together she avoids sex. She is also not interested to visit doctor / get advice. How I can manage such a situation and make more kids.
I am having my period on last night, but there is no bleeding this time, when I goes to the wash room today morning then only some bleeding is there, I want to is there any prob?
I am 50 years old. Should I take calcium tablets on a regular basis. Going through menopause. Please advice
Hello, Doctor what is the best homeopathic medicine for cyst removing or to destroy it completely? Does thuja 200 will be workable or any other? Kindly help me out thx!
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
In order to answer this question, it is important that we first discuss what depression is. Feeling sad, lonely or low is very common. So how can we point out which is depression and which is sadness? Well, sadness is a fleeting feeling and is the most normal reaction to loss or life’s struggle. Depression, on the other hand, is pretty permanent (may be not permanent, but it may last really really long or may occur very frequently, if not consulted with a professional). It is so overwhelming and inexplicable that these mental feelings start involving physical symptoms as well. Depression can keep an individual from leading a normal and an active life.
Depression, if not treated, may take an even worse form and might possibly end at suicide. Clinically, certain symptoms that occur persistently might point towards depression.
- Inability to concentrate
- Guilt and shame
- Eating disorders
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyable activities
- Persistent headaches, pains, aches, digestive problems
- Empty feeling
- Suicidal thoughts
Here comes the part about guilt and shame. One of the very common symptoms of depression is feeling of unnecessary guilt or shame. Guilt is a feeling of remorse or regret for violating an internal value. Shame is an overall feeling of self contempt. While both these are pretty normal feelings for a normal individual, for depressed individuals, these feelings get magnified to unimaginable extents.
How are these manifested?
- Constantly apologising for things one hasn’t done
- Blaming themselves for everything
- Thinking they don’t deserve happiness
- Feeling inferior or unworthy
- Feeling of being a burden
The next plausible question is why does this happen?
These feelings generally tend to go back to childhood. People who have faced childhood traumas or have been physically, emotionally or sexually abused are more prone to feelings of depressive guilt or shame. In the young age, they do not really have proper understanding of the situation and hence they end up blaming themselves. During adulthood, they keep believing the same, thus causing intense feelings of guilt and shame. A lot of counselling can bring such individuals to the understanding that whatever happened to them as children was never their fault.
Also, it has been researched that the region in the human brain associated with shame and guilt is unusually active in depressed individuals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.