Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Radha ChowglueYour feedback matters!
I tried so many products for acne but there is no effect And my skin is so oily, even after I wash my face 5 minutes later it gets oily.
I have some problem. I have hair fall problem & acne in head I have many more medicine but I am not satisfy. please help.
I have a lot of dandruff in my scalp. I feel because of it my hair are turning grey, hair fall is also there. Need to know effective shampoo or any other cure for it please.
I have eye dark circles so how to remove my under eye dark circles using natural remedies. Give me suggestions to remove dark circles rapidly.
My question is for my face's acne I usually have acne on forehead nd on around nose area which is very irritating can uh suggest me some remedies which I can do for it.
I got itching on thighs beside my testicles due to sweat and its too irritating it secrets some watery thing also can you suggest me the permanent cure.
Hi, I am 25 year old. My hair will be oily after one day of taking bath. I dont have dandruff, but still I have hairfall. I use clinic plus shampoo. I want my to be strong, silky and smooth, please advice.
My skin is fully tanned. Because I have been playing in hot sun these days and I have to become little fair too. What are the natural remedies we should do? Please advice.
Is there any treatment in Ayurveda or Homeopathy to cure early hair graying with male pattern alopecia. Please tell. I am 29 years old male. Diet is good.
I have a problem on my half body, disease is that on my body there are white dots on my body and no doctor confirm the disease what is this and what are precaution. Can you tell please.
I handled a hot vessel & was rusted and painted with carbon black (ash by fire). It was hot, when I left it, I saw my index finger very slightly burned. There were just 6-7 tiny black dots. Do I need a tetanus shot?
I have a skin allergy over 5 days I'm used al ready medicine but not result medicine name avil detail an more then medicines.
Hibiscus flowers and leaves can be very helpful in preventing hair loss and to promote hair growth. Hibiscus flowers are used as an effective cure for split ends and dandruff as well.
- Heat 12-15 hibiscus flowers in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Strain the solution and collect the oil. Apply this concoction to the scalp and hairs, leave overnight and wash in the morning.
To use the hibiscus leaves, grind them into fine paste and apply the paste to the scalp and hairs. Leave it on for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Rinse off with plenty of water. This controls the hair loss automatically and promotes hair growth.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.