Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RachanaYour feedback matters!
Whenever I have unprotected sex with my wife she get lot of pain in lower stomach and had bleed too. Why she get infection whenever we had unprotected sex?
Discharge ho raha h nipples se (light white color) on pressing, without pregnant or baby? I am worried alot.
I had sex on 3 december but my partner ejaculated outside that is he did not go into the vagina but I took I pill on 5 th december But since then I am experiencing stomach ache and today had light bleeding? What is it indicative of.
Hi my wife has faced miscarriage three months back. DNC was performed. Now the doctor has prescribed ovigyn dsr tablets. She has been taking it from last twelve days. She has also grade I fatty liver. There is continously pain in her abdomen on right side. Is it safe for her to get pregnant and why is the pain there ?
I have been tested as Positive for HSV. And got a genital herpes a few days ago. Doctor has prescribed medicine and advised me too have that again if same occurs again. As for now I am okay. I am going to marry soon, can not I able to have unprotected sex in my life? How it can be cured? How can I get my kids if I can not have sex.
i have 21 years old only ,but recently I got married still oneyear .but now a days my weight was increase ,irregular periodic table etc, before marriage my weight was 64 only now 87 .how would I decrease my weight.
My 11 day of ovulation study report is Right ovary 40x21, 39x21, 25x16 Left ovary 6x5 Endometrium thickness 7.7 mm Its is normal follicles how many egg release.
I had sex two days before periods and took unwanted-72 pill within 24 hrs .now my periods have been delayed! My monthly date was 10th but today it's 12th I am very tensed.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hii sir my wife is pregnant she has second trimester (17 week) I want to my baby must be very handsome but we have both normal colour what should I be done.Please tell.
The condition of uterine prolapse takes place when the floor muscles (and sometimes, ligaments) of the pelvis region gets stretched overly and then gradually weakens, thus becoming unable to provide adequate support to the uterus. This often leads to the protrusion or the slipping down of the uterus out of the vaginal opening. Though it can affect women of any age, it usually happens to women after menopause, especially those who have already had deliveries out of the vagina.
The weakening of the muscles in the pelvic region is the chief cause that leads to uterine prolapse. Other causes include:
1. Natural estrogen loss, especially after menopause
2. Gravity effects
3. Supportive tissues of pregnancy and childbirth being damaged
4. Constant straining over time
5. Excessive smoking
6. Improper weight - obesity or being overweight
There are a number of varieties of uterine prolapse, of varying severity. In case of moderate to severe uterine prolapse, the symptoms tend to be more pronounced and include a number of prominent symptoms.
1. Protruding tissue from the vagina
2. Problems in bowel regulation
3. Increased lower back pains
4. Increased urinary problems, such as leakage or increased retention
5. Looseness in the vagina, which may affect your sex life
Usually, these are symptoms which become pronounced in the morning and eventually worsens through the course of the day.
Risk Factors - The major risk factors that may increase the risk of being afflicted by uterine prolapse are:
1. Multiple pregnancies
2. Increasing age
3. Past problems relating to the pelvis - including surgeries or accidents
4. General weakness in tissues
5. Frequently lifting heavy weights
Additionally, there are a number of conditions, such as chronic constipation, obesity or other pulmonary diseases, that may apply excess strain on tissues and muscles of the pelvic region, that accentuates your chances of being afflicted by uterine prolapse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
A couple of decades ago, medical professionals believed that a lot of females could not climax at all. There are a number of reasons for this. It is easy for the male to know when he has achieved an orgasm, which usually happens with ejaculation, which is quite evident. For the females, on the other hand, it is not so evident. It is a perceived feeling and while the media showcase it in a particular way, reality is far moved from it.
There are various reasons why it is very difficult to pin this down. Orgasms are not just an elusive feeling for the woman, it is an elusive topic for the medical professionals too. Read on to know some of the common causes (more beliefs or notions) about this and some simple but effective ways of managing this.
- Private topic: Girls are very shy compared to boys and both their exposure to sex education and discussion about this is limited compared to boys. We might tend to think of it as common in India alone, but this is true across a vast number of countries. We are not alone! This shyness continues into their later years too, and unless transformed by the partner, it may continue to be a topic that is shunned.
- Purpose: Sex is more deemed as a form of procreation rather than for sex. Therefore, while sex is necessary for conception, orgasm is not. This is one more reason (strange but true) that orgasm is very elusive for a woman.
- Psychological factors: It could be guilt from past relationships or fear of past abuse. It could be fear of losing control or fear of coming across as vulnerable. For any of these reasons, women can have difficulties climaxing during the act.
Whatever the cause of the problem, the first step in coping up with the issue is to acknowledge the issue. Being a private topic, this is not something that is going to draw the person towards medical help. However, this needs to be discussed frankly with the partner or with the doctor. Getting the partner involved removes a lot of psychological barriers (guilt, fear, anxiety, etc.) This would result in natural ironing out of issues, improving the performance of both the people involved.
If that does not happen, seeking professional help, be it medical help to correct physical issues or counselling, is the next suggestion. A frank discussion will do wonders, and what was once elusive can be well within your reach.
I am 21 yrs. I had my menstrual cycle on august 11 then later on august I had ipill on 20 august I started bleeding again on 29th august firstly I thot its vaginal bleeding bt I had vry heavy bleeding first two days ,bleeding lasted for 3 days bleeding was in form of clots. I have not got my periods till now. And I was sexually active too. I did home pregnancy test On Tuesday it showed negative. M I pregnant. What shall I do?
Did you know your nails could reveal a lot about your health?
When there’s something wrong with your health, your body reveals it in the form of different signs. Changes in the normal colour, texture and shape of your nails can be counted among these signs. You might not often closely observe your nails, but did you know that the changes in your nails are often caused by different medical conditions? Read on…
1. Discoloured Nails
If you observe that your nails are turning into a different shade than the normal pinkish-red, it might be indicative of these conditions:
Yellow nails: This may happen due to continuous use of nail paints, but in most cases it’s a sign of fungal infection or psoriasis. Also, it may happen due to some other conditions like jaundice, lymphedema, and sinusitis to name a few.
Blue nails:The nails generally turn blue due to lack of oxygen in the fingertips.
Brown nails: This type of colouration in nails generally occurs due to malnutrition or thyroid. Moreover, if your fingernails have a brown tone close to the tips and are whiter at the bottom, you may have increased chances of kidney failure.
2. Pale nails
Pale or whitish nails suggest that there’s lack of oxygen in your blood,which might have happened due to anaemia (lack of iron). Moreover, pale nails may also point towards diabetes or any liver disease in its initial stage.
3. Cracked, Dry, or Brittle nails
Cracking and splitting of nails are the result of exposure to chemicals like detergents, and nail polish removers among others or fungal infection or thyroid. Also, if your body is not getting adequate amount of vitamins A, B and C, your nails might become brittle.
4. Nails with Dark Patches or Lines
If you notice black streaks, lines or painful growths on your nails - this could be the sign of melanoma (a type of skin cancer).
Abortion pills (festone combo kit) are safe for 3 to 4 weeks pregnancy. What kind of sideffect are there. And tell me about dose of these pills.
Dysmenorrhea is a common complaint nowadays to get relieved from it prepare cumin decoction at home and drink twice on the first and second day of the period.
Cumin decoction preparation method:
Boil one glass water add one tsp of cumin seeds and stir it then add a pinch of salt, turmeric, and carom seeds.