Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RachanaYour feedback matters!
I get bad breath from my mouth sometimes which is really frustrating because I have to interact with many people as per my professional requirement. Need assistance on the same.
I have very severe problem of bad mouth smell. I tried sensodine and rexidine but not yet satisfied. Please suggest something which can help me get rid of this problem permanently.
Hello sir I want to change my front teeth because it was broke about 10 years ago and I wanna replace it with new one. What will be the cost of teeth changing.
I am suffering with mouth ulcers for recently from last 1 month Why it's coming continuously for me.
Hello doc, i am 27 years old male. Suffering from mumps since 4 days. Face has swollen across jaw line. And there is pain also. Visited a doctor and having all the medicines but problem has not gone. Please advice what should i do
Some upper part of my second molar in left lower side has been broken before 8-9 years back. Regularly I was cleaning cavity created by that broken part. There was no pain or problem until last 2-3 months. But now there is toothache at broken part. It is quite sensitive. Please suggest remedy or treatment.
Our heart is very much related to gums health because bacterias forming plaque gets entry into bloodstream through unhealthy gums and can form clot in circulation of blood. So keep your gums healthy and regularly visit your dentist.
I am having problem with my jaw and when I eat hard something hard then, my jaw pains a lot so please give me a solution for that.
I have been suffering from tooth ache since 3 months near the jaw location many of the doctors confirmed that it was wisdom teeth. The pain was unbearable so please give the suggestion whether I have to remove it completely or use any capsules. thanks you.
I am 68 years of age. I am having 5 orginal tooth in the upper row and 6 tooth in the lower row and managing with false tooth. If I get transplantation of all the tooth can I eat the way I used to eat when I had all the original tooth,
I am 27 years old & had an ortho treatment of Braces for more than 2 years 3 years back. But the same is retaining back & now I have spaces between the teeth. Can the same be treated now & what will be the process?
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.