Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. R V Karambelkar

General Physician, Mumbai

600 at clinic
Dr. R V Karambelkar General Physician, Mumbai
600 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them....more
My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them.
More about Dr. R V Karambelkar
Dr. R V Karambelkar is a popular General Physician in Dadar West, Mumbai. You can visit him at Shushrusha Hospital in Dadar West, Mumbai. Book an appointment online with Dr. R V Karambelkar on has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Shushrusha Hospital

Street No 698-B, Ranade Road, Dadar West, Landmark : Nera Shivaji Park, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
600 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. R V Karambelkar

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

What is the average age for the people in india who is affecting with diabetes disease. And how can we aware from getting this disease.

M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Bangalore
Now a days, there is no age limit to get diabetes. Usually, it is assumed that the people in our country are affected from 25 years. Always we should keep our lifestyle good. The food we eat should be nutritious and the place where we eat should be hygienic. Always, we should be physically active and at least we have to do meditation for at least 15 to 20 minutes in a day to relax our body and mind.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My girlfriend tried giving me hand job twice, but I never ejaculate. Then I do it with my hand. Is this because my penis is small in size and width (4" when erect). Also while giving me hand job she ends up pulling back my foreskin and touching the inner pink part of my penis. It's very sensitive and I just can't allow anybody or even myself to rub my inner pink part of my penis. Of course I can touch or allow someone to touch it (the feeling is very arousal and electrifying when touched) but only touch and not to rub that part. I am worried whether this would affect my sex life when I get married.

General Physician, Cuttack
Natural way to increase size of penis 1.Take Multivite capsule containing Gingko Biloba extract like one capsule of Revital daily 2.Take water melon 3.stop smoking, consumption of alcohol 4.Regular exercise 5.lose belly fat 6.Take whole grain food, bean, legume,fish (Tuna, salmon, mackerel), sea food,lean meat, fruit, vegetable (carrot, broccoli, tomato, onion, sweet potato),Healthy oil 7.Avoid refined/processed food, excess sugar, starch , hydrogenated oil 8 Take nuts like walnut, almond, dates, milk and milk productmassage olive oil in your penis 9..Consult sex therapist for further advice
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Ayurvedic treatment For Dengue Fever

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
Ayurvedic treatment For Dengue Fever
Ayurvedic treatment For Dengue Fever 

~ Ayurvedic Name: Dandak Jwara

~ Other Names: Dandy fever,Three-day fever, Breakbone fever.

~What's is a Dengue Fever?

1-Dengue fever is a disease caused by one of a number of viruses.
2-These viruses are spread by the bite of mosquitoes and are transmitted to the human body.
3-The disease is very common in tropical and subtropical areas of the world (including some islands in the Caribbean, Mexico, most countries of South and Central America, the Pacific, Asia and parts of tropical Africa). In these locations, the dengue fever arbovirus is endemic, meaning that the dengue fever virus naturally and consistently lives in that location and the virus are not carried by mosquitoes.

~Who gets Dengue Fever?

Dengue fever can occur to people of all ages. Children usually have a milder disease than adults.

~What's are the causes of Dengue Fever ?

When a mosquito carrying dengue fever virus bites a healthy human, the virus travels in the blood stream and then starts multiplying itself in the whole body. Dengue fever is not contagious, which means one person cannot pass it directly to another.

Dengue fever is also a type of arbovirus, which is short for arthropod-borne virus. The main virus causing dengue fever is carried by a mosquito named "Aedes aegypti" which transmits the virus to humans through its bite. An organism that carries a disease, without actually developing the disease itself, is called a vector. Aedes aegypti works as a vector for transmitting the disease.

An another cause for dengue fever is a virus name flaviviruses. More than 100 million cases of dengue fever occur every year in a whole world. A little bit percent of these develop into dengue hemorrhagic fever. It is possible for a traveler who has returned to the United States to pass the infection to someone who has not traveled. Risk factors for dengue hemorrhagic fever include having antibodies to dengue virus from prior infection and being younger than 12, female, or Caucasian.

~What's are the symptoms of Dengue Fever?

The symptoms of dengue fever are generally seen in around three days after transition of virus to humans through mosquitoes bite and after that patient starts feeling very weak. Dengue fever, however, is not a fatal disease.

Dengue fever may vary on an individual basis for each patient. One should always remember before looking for treatment that over-medication in dengue fever is likely to lead to further complications and some times it may also turn slight serious. A mild attack of the fever may pass off without having to administer any medicine.

~Some of the main symptoms of dengue fever are listed below:

Dengue fever usually starts suddenly with a rapidly climbing high fever, that's why the temperature in dengue fever is called a 'saddleback' type temperature.
severe headaches.
Retro-orbital pain behind the eye.
nausea & vomiting.
loss of appetite.
rashes develop on the feet or legs 3 to 4 days after the beginning of the fever.
Swelling and pain in muscles and joints.
The joint pain in the body has given dengue fever the name that is "breakbone fever".The common symptoms of dengue fever may go in around 10 days, but complete recovery from dengue fever can take more than a month.

~Herbal Treatments for Dengue Fever

There is no specific treatment for the treatment of classical dengue fever, and like most people you will also recover completely within 2 weeks. For severe dengue symptoms, including shock and coma, early and aggressive emergency treatment with fluid and electrolyte replacement can be lifesaving.

Some treatment options that may enhance the curing of classical dengue fever are listed:

1) Mix 360 mg of Shunthi Churna with 125 mg of Hinguleshwar and now take this mixture at least 4 times daily, you may take with tea or hot water. If case the temperature of the patient rises beyond 104°F (40°C), then you may apply cold pad, on the forehead till the temperature subsides.

2) Another ayurvedic medicine used for treatment of dengue fever is tulsi (holy basil). Medicinal properties of tulsi are very useful in ayurvedic therapy. The leaves of tulsi are used to produce soothing effect on the nervous system. Tulsi leaves strengthen the stomach and induce copious perspiration.

3) Amrutharistam,Amruthottaram kashayam,sudarsanam gulika,Pachanamrutham kashayam can be given for treatment.

41 people found this helpful

My stomach was paining inconsistently for the past 2months. When diagnosed via endoscopy, I was came to know that I have been affected by duodenal ulcer. What is it and what should I do for it?

General Physician, Nashik
Its a ulcer in the intestine. Eat a variety of healthy foods from all the food groups. Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat dairy foods. Whole grains include whole-wheat breads, cereals, pasta, and brown rice. Choose lean meats, poultry (chicken and turkey), fish, beans, eggs, and nuts. A healthy meal plan is low in unhealthy fats, salt, and added sugar. Healthy fats include olive oil and canola oil.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a male aged 38 years suffering from fistula since 2011, visited menu doctors, now they say I have to operate. Is there any alternative way? Please suggest accordingly.

MS - General Surgery, MBBS
General Surgeon, Delhi
Surgery is only the solution of fistula treatment. Fistulogram is advisable before surgery to avoid recurrences. Consult surgeon.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am age of 16 having a asthma problem for 5 years what are the medicines can I take and what are the foods can I take and what is the best sport skill can I do?

DNB(Respiratory Diseases), MBBS
Pulmonologist, Jabalpur
Inhalers containing corticosteroids are treatment of choice for asthma. You can take any food but avoid the food items if you are allergic to them. Under the cover of treatment you can participate in sport of your choice depending upon your physical health and doctors advice.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My friend has piles disease on regular interval. Please suggest any medicine or any diet for totally reducing or controlling the piles problem. Thanks.

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
Avoid constipation. take fiber containing diet. take green vegetables. do regular walk. take tab pilex one tab 3 times a day for 3 weeks. apply anovate cream on anus after defecation. consult if not ok.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

This year in the month of March I have pain in scrotum and enlargement in left testis and the very next day I went to Silchar Medical College and doctor has advised for medicine with sonography of inguinal Scrotal region. The Impression of the report was LEFT epididymis ORCHITIS WITH FUNICULITIS.

MBBS, DIiploma in Yoga and Ayurveda, Diploma In Dermatology And Venerology And Leprosy (DDVL), PGDPC
Sexologist, Pune
Just take lemon juice daily with a pinch of eno besides the treatment you are undergoing. Also sit in salt water twice a day.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is 62 years old. She is suffering from severe stomach bloating which is painless from last 3 months. She showed to doctor. She has been diagnosed by endoscopy, ultrasound,blood test etc. All reports are normal. But she she is still suffering from severe discomfort as if the stomach will explode. What is the cause for this discomfort? What should we do?

Homeopath, Ludhiana
Hello... This is due to weak digestive system... because it leads to flatulency... You can take medicine for her which improves her digestion .... You can consult me for the treatment.... Homoeopathic medicibes are safe for old age people... it has no side cure her problem.... Consult me ...
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have some problems with my bodybuilding now that I am heart so much with my body please do something ?

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
May be you are over doing it -both exercise and wrong food as supplements. Get proper guidance from an educated trainer. For heart get only basic tests done-ecg, echo, stress test, blood tests for sugar and total lipids. Get bp checked also. Get back here with reports & remember no steroids for bodybuilding.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from piles in my anal for 1 month .what am I do now .plz give me some solution.

Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hi, Take cap. Rectone 1-1-1 after food with buttermilk and tab. Anuloma DS 1-2 tabs at bedtime with hot water. Take Tab. Bolabaddha Ras 1-1-1 after food whenever there is bleeding after passing stools. Apply Pilon ointment before and after passing stools. Consume high fiber diet and drink 2-3 litres of water per day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have masturbated a lot. I m 26 years old. Now I see my penis size has decreased a lot in terms of both length and girth. And also lack of libido and erection. What should I do.

MD-Dermatology, MBBS
Sexologist, Pune
Masturbation is normal does not cause any harm. Size does not decrease because of it. You need male sexual function analysis to rule out cause of loss of libido, consult a sexologist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from allergy. I got influenza in every 3-4th days. This is from last 5-6 years. Can you suggest me any treatment?

General Physician, Mumbai
Few tips for you- Avoid any triggering factor, take folic acid regularly, eat a healthy diet , always be stress free , exercise regularly
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Rhinitis , allergy to delhi air i guess along with sinusitis. Severe Nodular cystic acen , myopia with weak eye muscles and number of eye still increasing , right now its -9 Diopter , age 27

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
Get CT PNS and Total IGE estimation to confirm sinusitis and allergic rhinitis. Can try telekast f 1tab/day for 1 month
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

He is diabetes patient. He got a wound in hand n blood pipe coming out. please tell suggest medicine.

Dietitian/Nutritionist, Delhi
First of all control your blood sugar and do proper dressing of your wound. Consult urgent to a diabetologist. You can contect to me also otherwise its leads amputations.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have an problem since ten years I has been suffering allergy asthma using alday tablet and asthlin 2mg tablet. Is there any permanent solution or best medicine.

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
You are on wrong medicine. Try budamate mdi 200 2 puff twice/day with spacer and telekast f 1 tab with breakfast.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have acidity problem. Whenever I eat something oily or something from outside I feel heart burn. Pls let me know what's the cure for the same.

Homeopath, Bhopal
You should avoid to eat oily and spicy food from out side. You can take ginger juice 2 drop with honey or take 5 drop of mint every day for 10 day.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age is 20 years old. I am doing self sex from 4 years. Now my sexual feelings reduced. Is there any sexual problem.

Advanced Aesthetics
Ayurveda, Gulbarga
A healthy lifestyle that keeps a person active with proper food and adequate exercise help in improving one?s sex power. Diet plays a big role in ones sex life. Healthier the person better is the sex life. Sex life reflects the lifestyle one leads. Do pranayama(in yoga) everyday for excellent sexual stamina. Aphrodite was the goddess who prepared the potions for her lovers and hence the stimulating elixirs are named after this beautiful goddess. The aphrodisiacs are Sun, fresh and healthy atmosphere. You must take adequate rest so that your body can perform the work better. The Sun kills bacteria of the environment and the fresh air can enhance your mood. You must also keep away from depressive environment if you want to enjoy sexual pleasures. Affection for the person will give you boosting energy and you also must take vitamins for improvement in the energy level. Vitamin B is indispensable for taking off fatigue and adding zest to your life. Avocados Not only are avocados known as fruits that increase the brain levels, but they are now being touted as love drugs. Celery Eating celeries may be the last thing you would think of to boost the libido, but research goes to show that it increases the pheromone levels in the sweat of a person and makes the males more attractive to the females. Ayurvedic medicines Ashwagandha (withania somnifera) Kaunch beej (cowhage) Ras sindoor (red sulphide of mercury) For treatment and ayurvedic medicenes consult privetly..
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!

Homeopath, Ludhiana
Hello. It can be due to stress or exertion. Take homoeopathic medicine natrum muraticum 30 (3 drops twice a day half an hr before meal). Take this for 4 days. You will feel good after this. Give your feed back after this.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

LOSS OF LORDOSIS I have this problem since last 10 years but I don't aware of it but last 15 days I have very bad back pain so visit doctor and he took x-ray and the x-ray show that I have loss of lordosis problem. AND SOMEONE TELL ME THAT IT WILL NEVER RESTORE NATURAL CURVE OF SPINE. I have to live rest of my life with lordosis problem. So I want to know that is it possible to restore the natural curve of my spine. Or it will never get back to its original posture.

Graduate of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (GAMS)
Ayurveda, Delhi
There are three main types of spine curvature disorders, including: Also called swayback, the spine of a person with lordosis curves significantly inward at the lower back. Kyphosis is characterized by an abnormally rounded upper back (more than 50 degrees of curvature). Scoliosis. A person with scoliosis has a sideways curve to their spine. The curve is often S-shaped or C-shaped. Symptoms of lordosis may include: Appearing swayback, with the buttocks being more pronounced Having a large gap between the lower back and the floor when lying on your back on a hard surface that does not change when you bend forward Back pain and discomfort. Problems moving certain ways Treatment for lordosis may include: Medication to relieve pain and swelling Exercise and physical therapy to increase muscle strength and flexibility Wearing a back brace Weight loss, Surgery For permanent treatment (Herbal) without surgery, you may contact us through Lybrate. Surgery has its Pros and Cons. Major side effects can develop.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed