Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. R S BharadiaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old boy. I have been facing from stye for the past 2 days. Please tell me how to cure it.
I am 31 yrs old male. I feel very sleepy from the evening like my eyes are getting heavy and I am applying force to keep it open, my eyes get reddish and by 11 pm I collapse in bed. I get up at 6 am and often sleep in afternoon to 1 or 2 hours. Even in day time my forehead is heavy, some time I feel pain at the both side of forehead. I went to ent but no use. They write on prescription dns after putting torch light in my nose. I don't know how to get rid of this and where to go for treatment. Please help.
I use laptop atleast 8 hrs a day, I think my eye sight is littlebit less, what' s the procedure to have my eyesight 6/6.& my daily work also not get disturb.
My eyes drain out a lot of water, whenever I laugh or I talk or I stare anything and every time I feel that my power is changing continuously every 15 day's. Can you please suggest me with my problem?
My self being 68 years old went for eye check up in a reputed eye hospital in Chennai After examination I was told that Cataract is in its very early stage and immediate contract surgery is not needed and asked me to come after 6 moths check up. They have however suggested eye drop" Genteal Lubricant eye drop" for some time Kindly let me know purpose of that eye drop. Does it restrict/contain Glare which is my compliant.
Sir/ma'am, my eye is getting red within two hour when I sit in front of computer, what shall I do? I am a software engg.
My eyes are going to be heavy when watch the TV or laptop and my eyes are red also on that time. What should I do?
As we all know smart phones are essential part of human life. But they have fatal & serious bad effects on human body. So I want know that how a person can take care of his/her eyes. How to stay away from smart phones. And how smart phones can effect human body.
I am a 20 year old male from mumbai, and I have eyesight problem, I have used the mixture of milk and other natural products but it is not working fine, suggest me what should I do?
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"