Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R R Varma
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. R R VarmaYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 25 years old. 3 years back I met with accident after tat recovered very early and been on business back. Past from 15 days I am getting scared of something. Palpitations, sweat. Complete sweat continuously Legs getting different type vibrations. Thoughts are not in control. Always getting scared of something. While travelling I was getting scared like if suddenly something happens to me wat I shld do. There is no hospital in areas like this like this kinds of thoughts. Pls help me out. I am feeling like I am in trapped. I checked with local hospitals my BP is normal ECG IS normal.
I have used melaglow rich cream for dark spots. Prescribed by my dermatologists but it had turned my skin dry straight in applied region. please suggest something to relieve it.
My age 28 yrs. I have pain in my left leg joint knee. Last one month. Please refer me any medicines. Coliscum, D vitamin s capsules / Syrup. With out any side effects.
I am suffering from fever for last 3 days and headache and muscular pain in the body so recommended the proper treatment of my disease.
I am suffering from knee pain since 5 years when there came a fever since then I am unable to rid of this serious disease. Please help me.
The soothing fragrance of sandalwood strengthens your brain by allowing it to relax and take rest. In addition, this Ayurvedic herb provides a warming effect. Besides, it relieves lots of disorders such as headaches, fever, acne, itching, stomachache, leucoderma, etc. Sandalwood or just Chandan is believed spiritual and mystical with respect to Hindu mythology. Since ancient times, it has been a part of skin care and beauty regime. You can use sandalwood powder for acne or skin whitening or for regular skin care.
The Indian sandalwood, scientific name 'Santalum album' is known for its therapeutic properties and is used extensively in natural treatments. Mentioned below are the health benefits of using Chandan or Indian Sandalwood in paste and oil form.
- Sandalwood oil has antispasmodic properties and provides immense relief from muscular spasm and contractions.
- Sandalwood oil is a great mood enhancer as it increases the production of the hormone Serotonin. Thus, people under severe stress, anxiety, or depression can benefit immensely from the use of sandalwood oil.
- The sandalwood oil is often used as an expectorant to provide relief from a cough and similar respiratory infections.
- A paste comprising of sandalwood powder and crushed basil leaves when applied on the forehead acts as an effective cure for headaches.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of sandalwood are treating inflammations affecting the urinary system.
- People with decreased urination are also known to benefit from using sandalwood.
- The use of sandalwood oil directly on the skin can help in lowering the blood pressure.
Skin and beauty benefits of using sandalwood
- Sandalwood has antiviral, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties and comes as a soothing agent for people suffering from itchiness triggered by skin infections such as Eczema and Psoriasis.
- The use sandalwood powder in combination with cucumber, rose water, and curd serves as an excellent remedy to get rid of the suntan. Just prepare a fine paste using all the ingredients and apply to the affected skin area. Wash off with cold water after 10-12 minutes.
- Gently massaging the face with sandalwood oil can work wonders in the case of loose or saggy skin.
- People with a very oily skin can use a face pack comprising of sandalwood powder and rosewater for maximum benefits.
- Sandalwood (especially used in oil form) is an aphrodisiac that can produce positive results in people with low libido
- High in antioxidants, sandalwood reduces the signs of aging to a great extent by protecting the skin from the negative effects of free radicals.
- Sandalwood powder (especially the red sandalwood), when used along with curd and turmeric provide an instant glow.
- For maximum results, prepare a paste using sandalwood powder with plain water or rose water (paste should not be very thick) and apply it to the affected skin area. Keep it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with water. The same pack can be used to treat pimples, acne scars, dark circles with elan.
It is amazing to note that the benefits of Sandalwood are immense for skin and overall health, still, rather than going for natural treatments most people opt for chemical based products to enhance their beauty and skin conditions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Summer might be the perfect time to flaunt your beach wave tresses, but you also need to protect them from the scorching sun. The summer sun can make your hair dry and brittle, causing a lot of damage. Here are five tips to keep your hair healthy and beautiful all summer long.
- Hydration: In summer you tend to lose too minerals through sweat and this causes dehydration, which in general affects your whole body, making your skin and hair dry and lifeless. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least 7-8 glasses of water. Also include lemon water, buttermilk and coconut water in your diet to regain the lost minerals. Eat fruits with high water content such as muskmelon, watermelon, cucumbers and tomatoes to include nutrients in your system.
- Protection: Wear a scarf or a stylish hat to match your outfit as well as protect your mane from the sun rays. Preferably use a cotton one and tie it loosely so that it does not hinder circulation.
- Use a mild Shampoo: In summers, excess sweat can clog your hair follicles, capturing dirt and bacteria. It is important to use a gentle shampoo that gets the job done without stripping your hair of moisture.
- Condition: Use a conditioner to provide texture and strength to your hair. They also lend a coating on the hair that makes it shiny and creates a thin barrier from the sun rays.
- Limit styling tools: It is better to avoid heating tools as much as possible because additional heat can dry out your hair shafts. Also, use fewer hair products such as hairsprays and gels because they contain tons of chemicals that can cause damage by clogging the follicles mixed with sweat.
Related Tip: Stress and Hair loss. Are they related?