Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. R R PatelYour feedback matters!
My father is used to alcohol not much but daily 2-3 pegs of 50 ml each. We are afraid of health. Do you think there can b some severe problem?
I am male frm chennai. 30 years old, single. I have anxiety problems in work, studies. Could not study. Very poor focus, concentration in work and studies. I am the only person in my class during college, also now in work having anxiety, mind related problem. But i am not mad. I am taking treatment frm psychiatrist but no solution. In college and work, my attendance and performance is good only for first 2 months. After that its horrible. I could not work, and also go to office. This problem are there from school days. I take leave often from school days. I could not change myself. Took medicines but no improvement. Is this problem due to my birth defects, when I was in my moms stomach? Is this due to genes of my dad, mom? What is your suggestion, advice? Should I consult genetic doctors for any surgery? Doctors said due to chemical changes in brain [serotonin] may be reason. Even after taking psychiatric medicines, no improvement. Slight OCD is there for 11 years. Still not cured. Do you know any doctors in chennai to consult and find solution? I have seen many doctors but no solution. Waiting 4 your reply.
Hi I'm a male or boys I have seen rich people or lots of people drinking lot of drinks which r costly and only rich people can afford or drink it and they look fairer and healthy and their face looks glowing and clear, fair face and skin but we middle class people can't afford to drink all this expensive drinks so wat drinks should we drink to look like them to get or look fairer and healthy glowing skin on face and body please tel me plz.
Sometimes I think I can do anything but I sometimes I can't do any thing how to control my self confidence to achieve my goals.
I am a 22 years old male and have depression for last 4 months and the main problem is that I am talking very less and have a girlfriend also. My girlfriend always telling me again and again that why I am so chup chap type why I am not talking too much. Please advise.
I lost somebody close to me. I think about her all time. I always tried to avoid her memories but can't stop it. What I should do to get rid of her memories?
I need consultation from psychiatrist. I'm an engineering student and good in studies but now a days I'm unable to constantly concentrate on my studies. Before exams I'm loosing my confidence. What should I do for better relaxation and to improve my concentration.
I m 32 yr old. I m very stress and in high depression. Anxiety too. Feeling completely broken. please help us.
He is behaving very differently? may be some psychological changes. He gets irritated very early now a days.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
I am suffering from depression and bipolar mood disorder frequently since last 10 years. What is solution?
How should we consume nicotex chewngum to get rid of addiction of cigrate? And if you are having any other substitute for the same to get rid off it will be appreciable on your part. Thank You.
Depression is a very common disease and affects every aspect of your life including your physical relation to your partner. Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body. Women are more likely to suffer from a reduced libido as an effect of depression.
When it comes to depression and your sex life, there is no universal form of treatment. However, it is important not to stop treatment for depression in fear of a lowered libido. The sexual side effects can be addressed later.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your Sex life:
Ask your doctor to adjust medication
In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. You could also try adjusting the schedule of drug intake such that you medicate yourself after sex. Alternatively, you could ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Viagra to boost your libido.
If your curbed libido is an effect of the depression itself, antidepressants may help you enjoy sex more. You should know that anti depressants can take a few months to have an effect.
Break the pattern
Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
Talk to your partner
Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
Have you noticed yourself feeling diminished consistently? Do you find yourself apologizing to your partner even despite being on the receiving end of your lover’s bad behavior? Have you been feeling that your partner takes you for granted and also takes advantage of you? If the answer of the these questions is a ‘YES’ then it establishes that you are dating an emotional manipulator.
Being in a relationship with an emotional manipulator may not only scar you emotionally but also cause severe damage to you in the long run. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
1. Your partner diminishes your feelings: Emotional manipulators are selfish people and are concerned solely about themselves and their desires. They do not care about your feelings and when you try to share some grief or feelings, they may turn you down by saying you are stupid or are over-reacting. Sometimes, their manipulative nature makes you think that they are right. An emotional manipulator also does not apologize and blames you for something, which is actually their fault.
2. Your partner often lets you down: If you get insulted, embarrassed or are made fun of by your partner frequently, especially in public, he or she is likely to be an emotional manipulator. The person is likely to prey on all your insecurities. You may be made fun of in front of your family and friends, by your partner, which crosses the limit of joking. Even if you convey that you are hurt by these actions, they do not change.
3. Your partner blames you for their bad behavior: An emotional manipulator will never take the blame or responsibility of their bad deeds. Instead, they will try to put the entire blame on you with lame justifications. If your partner is an emotional manipulator, it is likely that he or she would ask you over and over about your feelings.
4. Your partner does not explain themselves: Emotional manipulators are likely to hold back their issues and do not bother to explain their actions. Actually, such people do not intend to connect emotionally with you. They will try to impose themselves upon you and feel that they are superior than you. Such people get angry very easily if you cannot manage time for them.
5. Your partner changes ways only after extremities: Emotional manipulators do not care about your feelings and when you are fed up and want to leave, they start overreacting and promise to make positive changes. However, after a while they regain their previous attitude.
The above signs indicate that your partner is an emotional manipulator. If you experience these signs, the best decision is to leave your partner and move on.