Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. R.P. RAMYour feedback matters!
I am newly married my age is 19 still while doing the sex blood comes out as I married more than one month ago why this happens so please tell me the reason why this happens.
Mere body me bahut sari gaath hai, maine ek baar doctor ko bhi dikhaya tha unhone isse kuch nahi hota, maine ek test bhi karwaya tha fmca somthing but kuch nhi nikla lekin I feel ki ye gaath ki quantity badh rhi hai Suggest me?
I have severe constipation for past couple of years and I have tried almost all the treatment but no relief. I have done almost all the tests including endoscopy and colonoscopy and all the report are ok. I am taking fiber food and going for morning walk everyday but no relief. Please suggest me what shall I do? I am really having problem with the constipation.
Hi, I am having thyroid and deficiency of vitamin d3 b12 so safe to conceive as 1 years has gone for marriage.
From 2 days I'm feeling pain in left ear and able To see blood while cleaning with ear buds. I'm having cold. May I know what might be the problem.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Digestive problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I am 27 year old female and facing pain in the lower right abdomen for few weeks now. Typically, it is seen when gas is felt in stomach. The pain further radiates to right thigh and below. Which doc can I consult.
What is symptom oh HIV. HIV is detected recently in a Test. How much year can alive. Any precaution need to take?
I have the habit of masturbating and releasing serum since 4 yrs. Now I feel like serum is less thicker and coming very minimal. Would it effect my penis shape and my marital life?
How often should I ,a boy of 17 years old masturbate in a week or in a month without having any side effect or weight loss. Does it really causes weight loss.
I have suffering from high fever last 2 nights and I have small pimples on my body. What should I do to remove this pimples.
My sister aged 37 years. When she lifts items weighing about half kg she gets severe headache. What might be the reason and precaution to be taken to get rid off.
On starting the winter session I suffer from cough and the medicine not work as good as it should be. What will I have to do?
Hi , aged 21. Recently 3 months back I gave birth to a 7 month male baby who was born dead. After which I had a sever headache which is now some times and now m suffering from some thing I do not know. Some times I feel paralyzed in my leg. Some time on my face and finger and on hands. I feel my nerves are shivering inside and feel like it gets paralysed. Its only for some time and occurs many times a day. M very tensed of it and want this to be cured. Kindly advise.
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!