Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R. N. ShettyYour feedback matters!
I have dark patches on my leg between knee joint and ankle. This problem has been for more than 5 years now. I have not given due importance then. But now I want to focus on this. Please help.
I am 19 years boy. I use a cream name Skin light. This cream is effective in my face. Which cream is increase my fairness.
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!
I have got swelling on my butt after an injection and this is getting very painfully please advise me what should I do!
My sister is suffering from some kind of skin problem. She has a black patch on her right cheek with hair growing in it.
Im 28yrs male, I have black hits on my face, after long time, I use many creams but not works, n face is also going to black. What should I do now.
I'm 17 and this is not a fraud question. My nipples become stiff and erect when they are squeezed or felt cold. This make me hard to wear thin cloths as they can be seen. How can I remove this erectness of my nipples Please.
I am a 22 yers old college student, and the skin on my hands and on my neck has become very dry, itchy and blotchy for the past weeks. What should I do now?
Hi good morning, there are so many scars marks on my face (small hole). I wanna get rid of this could you please help me out. Thank you.
I have dark circles. How do I get rid of those? Please suggest me some meds. I work at night nd sleep at day. I know thats one of the causes of dark circles. .but I need to get rid of those quickly. .Please help.
I have a problem of wrinkles, spots, marks on my face, I m a boy, can you tell, what treatment should I do, at home for my face?
My daughter is 1.5 years old. She having diarrhea and blood in stool since morning also her wisdom tooth is coming. She is laughing and playing but bit weak as compared to normal days is it normal or need to consult doctor immediately.
I don't have clear glowing skin I always face dark circles problem Please suggest me something which is beneficial, natural n easily available.
Hello, there are several boils appear on my leg and thigh, they have disappear after some days and new one comes, I'm taking Augmentin 625 duo from a week and now boils are reducing but not completely going, please prescribe me something to get rid from them completely.
I have become darker due to exposure to sun light at my work place. I used to be fair but now I have become darker. What should be done to regain my colour back?
If sunburn is taking the mickey out of your fun time in the sun or your summer vacation, then you may want to read this article or pin it up where you can see it every day. Sunburn is something that does not show up immediately. It can happen when you have been in the sun for too long a time, and without the protection of proper clothing, hats, glares and sunscreen lotions.
So what can you do when you feel that first sting of sunburn? Here's our list!
- Swift Action: You will need to act fast towards cooling down the onset of a sunburn. Taking a quick dip in a pool or a lake if you are near one can help in soothing the area so that the sunburn is not too bad. Also, you can then cover yourself up and step indoors immediately, where you will be properly shaded from the sun. You can continue with the cool treatment by using a cold or ice compress to press around the area that is burning or has been most affected. Remember to stay away from the exact spot as it may lead to inflammation.
- Avoid Drying: Do not let the area become too dry. Take frequent showers but stay away from harsh soaps as they may make the area dry which leads to chapping and pain.
- Breathe: Allow the skin to breathe. Do not obstruct the area with too many items of clothing and wear cotton fabric or other light weight clothing that will protect the area and let the skin breathe. Stay away from tight clothes as this may lead to chafing of the skin and the sunburns.
- Moisturise: One good way of getting rid of sunburns quickly is to moisturise as soon as you have had a bath or a shower. This will help in locking in moisture which is not really possible when you moisturise the surface later. Use a gentle lotion or cream based moisturiser and stay away from products that contain petroleum gel as this may irritate the skin further and clog the area instead of getting absorbed into the skin.
- Inflammation: Tackle inflammation by taking corticosteroids or other anti inflammatory drugs. These should be prescribed by a doctor. Aloe Vera can also be used to soothe the inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids for fast regeneration of the skin cells and so that the burns do not draw the fluid from the surface if the skin.
Take all the necessary precautions before you step out for some fun in the sun with proper sunscreen and protective clothing as well!