Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.Krishna KumarYour feedback matters!
My front bottom tooth has loosen from past 4 months and it's gum has been loosen, and gum bleeding is also happening, and some swollen gums around loosen teeth please tell me what should I do thanks.
Ia 42 years female am having severe toothache, already night 1 dolokind plus taken, now i am having severe pa shall I take one more painkiller now?
I am 20 years old. I have no any bad habit like smoking, eating gutkha etc. Although my mouth is not open more than 20 mm hardly. So,suggest me proper solution for increasing my mouth complete.
I am 32 yr old, I loss some teeth in lower bridge so pls guide which teeth is good for long duration and what is the cost of per teeth.
One of my baby tooth(incisor in lower jaw) is still there in my mouth.While still it is there the permanent incisor has erupted and it is the tallest and inner most among all 8 incisors. Because of this all my tooth are gone out of their line slightly. I am 35 years male. So at this age is it ok if i want to get rid of the baby tooth and set all my tooth with clip?
I have 3 children having age 19, 16 (both girls) and 14 son. On what age bracellas for tooth is appropriate ?
I have sensitivity in my teeth. It pain also. What should I do. I am using colgate sensitive pro relief pest for a month. But not cured.
My teeth cap got out all of sudden. I want to refix them. Please reply with the price for doing this.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.