Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R C Khokhani
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. R C KhokhaniYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 27 years old and I have bp 135/90 is this normal or high what precautions I have to take for normal bp please suggest me.
Recommended Diet for Heat Stroke
Unani physicians claim that a diet for heat stroke can help prevent the problem to some extent, because dietary recommendations for a heat stroke patient could be quite useful. Undermentioned list is of some of the adjustments one can make in his diet, after a heat stroke.
- It is essential to include fresh fruits, vegetables and juices in the regular diet to avoid heat related illnesses, especially heat Strokes because dehydration is an important cause behind the incidence of heat Strokes. Water content is high in these items and that’s why they help to keep the body well hydrated.
- Oranges, pineapples, watermelons, grapefruits, lemons, cantaloupes and similar fruits are very useful in this condition.
- Drinking plenty of water is also necessary, especially before going out in the sun. It is highly recommended to drink an additional amount of fluids, like fresh juice or an energy drink as it could replenish the levels of water in your body.
- A part from that onions, mint, cucumber and yogurt should be positively included in the diet to prevent Heat Strokes. Not only due to its cooling effect, but these can also be great for the overall health.
- It has been observed that low blood sugar can trigger the symptoms of heat Strokes. Add healthy sources of protein to your diet, which mainly include nuts, beans, pulses and olive oil. This will increase blood sugar levels, thereby preventing heat strokes.
- Up to some extent, peppermint tea and raspberry tea are found to be highly effective in providing relief from these symptoms.
Restricted Diet for Heat Stroke
- Excessive consumption of salt adversely affects the functioning of normal sweat production, as salt is rich in sodium, and excess sodium could hamper the regular production of sweat in the body which in turn increases the risk of developing this heat illness.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages should also be minimized because alcohol is known to increase heat in the body. In addition to this, caffeinated beverages induce frequent urination and cause unnecessary loss of water.