Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R B Singh
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R B SinghYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from headache it is very high and I use disprin to gat rid of it but I also know its sideeffects can you please suggest me something good.
I have few habits which i'm not able to overcome. Which is real frustrating. 1) I immediately sleep after having my dinner. You can say I start sleeping while having dinner. Tried may things to trick my sleep but I am not a regular ritual person so will not stick to it. 2) I get worked up with my maids a lot. Which is not normal. You have to believe it that I can attend an entire day thinking about them. Which has things like how to communicate them what I want to tell them. 3) I want to work everything to perfection. I have always lot of pending to dos. I want to multitask. Do more. I ask for more work. But eventually when work comes my way I get very stressed out.
My grandson 2.5 years old is getting blood from his nose when he wakes up in the morning since last days. We are keeping wet towel on his head or put his head below running water. Any long term remedy please ?
I have a 18 months old son. He have brain infections during birth time. Now he has no devlopment. Can you help me.
I'm 27 years old and suffering from severe cold and sneezing from last 2 years. What should I have to do?
I have many times urinal problem in a hour. Often to often I am going for urine. I was consult with a doctor and he advice to do Yoga. Then I trying last three month but no improvement shows. So please suggest me what shall I do?
Migraine headache is characterized by a severe headache usually affecting one side of the head. There are other symptoms along with headache like nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound. Some patients experience neurological phenomena like changes in vision, temporary loss of sensation and altered sensation, a phenomenon known as an aura (flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots, tingling in the arms and the legs). Migraine headache can last for 2 to 3 days.
Symptoms: The symptoms depend on the stage of a migraine attack. The stages of a migraine attack can be:
- Prodrome, Aura, Headache or attack, and Postdrome.
- Prodorme: One to two days prior to the migraine attack, patient may experience;
- Mood swings.
- Cravings for food.
- Increased yawning.
- Stiff neck.
- Constipation and frequent thirst and urination.
In case of an aura (during or before a migraine), there may be visual, motor, speech, and sensory illusions and disturbances such as,
- Loss of vision.
- A strange sensation of needles pricking an arm or a leg.
- One side of the body becomes weak and numb.
- There are visual illusions such as the appearance of flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots.
- There is a problem in hearing and speaking.
- In some cases, there may be a hemiplegic migraine (the limb becomes weak).
During a Migraine Attack (lasts for 4 to 72 hours), there may be
- A throbbing pain on either one or both sides of the head
- Blurred vision, light-headedness.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Sensitivity to touch and smell (though rare)
In Postdrome (after a migraine), there can be
- Mood swings.
- A person may be sensitive to light and sound.
- Dizziness and weakness
- Extreme fatigue
An amalgamation of environmental and genetic factors may be responsible for a migraine. Trigger varies for each patient:
- Stress and extreme physical exertion
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks and beverages
- Salty and processed foods
- Altered sleeping habits
- Hormonal alterations in women (Constant fluctuation in the level of oestrogen)
- Oral contraceptives and certain vasodilators (nitroglycerin)
- Preservatives like MSG (monosodium glutamate) and Aspartame (sweetener)
- Sunshine, certain odours, travel, etc can trigger migraine.
Treatment and Prevention:
- Medicines under supervision to abort an attack of migraine and special drugs to stop attacks.
- Lifestyle changes are helpful to decrease attacks:
- Avoid your trigger for migraine.
- Follow regular sleep -wake cycle.
- Regular exercise, meditation.
- Avoidance of alcohol, caffeine containing beverages.
- Other treatment options that can be availed from pain specialist:
- Transcutaneous supraorbital nerve stimulation
- Intramuscular stimulation.
- Botulinum toxin injection.
- Occipital nerve block.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!