Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Puspa TainwalaYour feedback matters!
I am 40 year women when I have menopause I will get severe stomach pain and heavy bleeding from 1 year after doing scanning I found that I have Grade I fatty liver, Mild cystitis, Bilateral Renal calculus, TSH 7.83,uterus measured 10. 8x4.1x5. 7 so please help me what to do first thank you Dr.
Vulvodynia is generally identified as a condition which causes chronic back pain or vulvar pain but having no identifiable cause. The causes as well as the nature of the condition are very obscure, and until recent times, it had never been considered to be an actual pain syndrome. What is commonly affected is the vulva, or the external female genital organs, consisting of the clitoris, labia and the vaginal opening.
Generally, there are two types of vulvodynia:
- Generalized vulvodynia: this can mean pain in any part of the vulva occurring erratically at different times
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: this is limited to the vestibule, or the vaginal opening. It has similar characteristics of a burn, and pain can be incurred only when contact is made, say during sexual intercourse.
Although not life threatening, signs and symptoms of vulvodynia can still cause a ton of problems for women. They can create much complication when it comes to daily activities as well as other feelings, like sexual frustration, agitation, depression and low self-esteem.
Symptoms can be very erratic and can occur once in a while or all the time. They may be limited to just one specific area or can affect the entire vulva, interfering with daily activities such as walking, exercising and sexual intercourse. Here are some common signs and symptoms:-
- A burning or stinging sensation
- An aching or throbbing sensation
- May swell and you may experience soreness;
- Severe itching and agitation
Because the causes are not identifiable, extensive research is still going on in order to decipher the nature of the syndrome. A few possible causes may include:
- Nerve irritation or injury
- Genetic abnormalities
- Muscle spasms
- Hormonal changes
- Abnormal responses to infections or traumatic injuries
- Hypersensitivity to yeast infections
- Allergies to certain chemicals or substances
- History of sexual abuse
- Frequent antibiotic use
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
An easy to make recipe which taken regularly helps manage blood sugar levels. The antioxidant property of amla helps boost immunity and metabolism.
What should be the frequency of Sex to get pregnant and what is the best dates after period when chances of pregnancy is more? Does using Viagra before sex reduces sperms count or chances of pregnancy?
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Kab sex kiya jaye ki girl k pregnant hone ke chances badh jaye? Or konsi position m jyada chances hote h?
Hello sir, Please help me 72 hours ho chuke hai aur koi madicine nhi Lii hai tho kaise pregnancy ko roka jaye.
Cucumbers are scientifically known as Cucumis sativus and belong to the same botanical family as melons. Cucumbers have not received as much press as other vegetables in terms of health benefits, but this widely cultivated food provides us with a unique combination of nutrients. At the top of the phytonutrient list for cucumbers are its cucurbitacins, lignans, and flavonoids. These three types of phytonutrients found in cucumbers provide us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
1. Protect Your Brain
Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health. In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline, fisetin has been found to prevent progressive memory and learning impairments in mice with Alzheimer's disease.
2. Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans (pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and Seco iso lariciresinol), which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers. They also contain phytonutrients called cucurbitacins, which also have anti-cancer properties.
3. Fight Inflammation
Cucumbers may help to 'cool' the inflammatory response in your body.
4. Antioxidant Properties
Cucumbers contain numerous antioxidants, including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene. They also contain antioxidant flavonoids, such as quercetin, apigenin, luteolin, and kaempferol, which provide additional benefits.
5. Freshen Your Breath
Placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odor-causing bacteria.
6. Manage Stress
Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
7. Support Your Digestive Health
Cucumbers are rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber. If you struggle with acid reflux, you should know that drinking water can help suppress acute symptoms of acid reflux by temporarily raising stomach pH; it's possible that water-rich cucumbers may have a similar effect.
Cucumber skins contain insoluble fiber, which helps add bulk to your stool. This helps food to move through your digestive tract more quickly for healthy elimination.
8. Maintain a Healthy Weight
Cucumbers are very low in calories, yet they make a filling snack (one cup of sliced cucumber contains just 16 calories)
9. Support Heart Health
Cucumbers contain potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels. A proper balance of potassium both inside and outside your cells is crucial for your body to function properly.
I am 28 and 6 weeks 3 days pregnant but my baby development is very slow my TSH is 7.4 I am taking medicine for it. But still my pregnancy symptoms are developing day by day. My other medical reports are normal. My gynic said that my pregnancy is not good. Can thyroid be cured and what will happen with my baby ? I am worried.
Is it a problem to have bleeding only one day or maximum one and half day during menstruation? The periods is perfectly regular, with no stomach pain.
I am 23 years old & I have recently born my twins after two month once again I am pregnant which is unwanted & I have taken medicine for that but after taking medicine I have lots of unstoppable blooding what should I do?
I am 18 week pregnant. I have to undergo ultrasound within a week. I want to know what is the difference between level 2, 3d and 4d ultrasound? Which one should I prefer Please advise.
I am 20 years old female, I had sex last night without protection. I am worried, Should I take I-pill? will it be useful and help me not to get pregnant?
Infertility in women refers to a condition when a woman fails to conceive in a year, even after having regular sexual intercourse without any contraception. Infertility is caused by a number of reasons or factors. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Structural barriers or abnormalities of the reproductive organs of the female
- Hormonal imbalance
- Presence of cyst or fibroid in the reproductive organs like ovary and uterus
- Blocked fallopian tube
- Inflammatory diseases in the pelvic region.
Infertility is often caused due to lifestyle pattern of the female individual. The chances of turning infertile increases due to smoking, consumption of alcohol, emotional stress, obesity, etc.
Homeopathic Treatment for Infertile Women:
Homeopathic treatment for infertility of women is safe for the patient as the medicines are non-toxic and naturally extracted. These medicines can be used for a longer period of time. A homeopath practitioner will take a lot of things into account while treating the patient- like her mental and physical constitution. He or she will try to investigate the underlying causes that are leading to the infertility.
Here are some common medicines, used for the treatment of infertile women:
- Medicines for Patients having Acidic Vagina: In some females, the vaginal fluids are extremely acidic in nature. Thus, the sperm fails to stay alive under such conditions and travel further up the reproductive tract for fertilisation with ovum. Therefore, the woman fails to conceive. In such cases, borax and Natrum Phos are prescribed for the patient. While Borax is given to females with vaginal discharge similar to the white portion of an egg, Natrum Phos is for women with creamy and honey-coloured discharge.
- Medicine to Cure Prolonged Periods or Menorrhagia: When a female suffers from prolonged periods, she might turn infertile. Besides, the patient may also suffer from Leucorrhea, anaemia and fatigue. To cure infertility in such cases, two medicines are used- Calcerea Carb and Aletris Farinosa. Women with extremely longer periods are given Calcerea Carb. Women with early menses can take Aletris Farinosa.
- Medicines for Women Experiencing Shorter Periods: Infertility is also caused when the monthly period cycle of the patient is irregular. She may be facing extremely shorter and scanty periods. Under such circumstances, Pulsatilla and Sepia are prescribed for the patient. Sepia is for women who feel a bearing down sensation in the uterus. Pulsatilla is given to women who are facing scanty periods ever since their menarche.
- Medicine for Women with Reduced Sexual Drive: Some women complain of having decreased sexual desire or arousal. Agnus Castus and Sepia are given to such women. Sepia is for female patients who have excessively dry vagina and face pain during intercourse. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.