Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Puspa Desmukh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Puspa DesmukhYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old women I don't have regular periods I try many things but it did not work can you please help me?
1. Exercise can make you skinny
Not true! If you don't curb your intake, exercise can actually make you more efficient and cause more fat deposition. Exercise is important for maintaining health and strength, but just don't believe the myth that you can lose fat by exercising.
(calories in) - (calories out) = (stable weight)
2. Eating less fat causes weight loss
Another common myth is that low-fat diet causes weight loss. Over 60% of the population is overweight, and about one fifth of the entire population is either diabetic or pre-diabetic! Low-fat diets don't lower body fat.
3. Low thyroid causes weight gain
People who still believe that they are overweight because of a 'thyroid problem', should reconsider that notion. Multiple studies on the effects of thyroid on weight have failed to find a connection and yet the myth persists. There are many medical doctors and other practitioners that perpetuate this myth, telling people, 'It's not your fault, it's your thyroid'. They are then given thyroid hormones to take, but don't lose weight.
4. Diet pills help you lose weight
All of the studies done on diet pills show a short-term loss of weight with a long-term gain. Moreover, they cause brain dysfunction. Why are they still used? Because of public demand. People are trying to appear to be healthy with drugs that are actually harming their health. Diet pills, whether over-the-counter or prescription are not the answer to being overweight.
5. High-nutrient-and-low-calorie foods are expensive!
Of course, ounce-for-ounce you will find that organic foods cost more than those smothered in pesticides, and prepared foods seem to cost less than their unadulterated counterparts, but this isn't the whole picture. Eating smaller amounts of grass fed meat, or wild caught fish maybe twice per week, and having organic fruit and vegetables instead of packaged snacks is actually less expensive. People who are eating nutritious foods don't eat when they aren't hungry, whereas snack foods are eaten for taste and hunger doesn't matter. That's why people get fat on snack foods. Moreover, preparing the food in your home will save lots of money over going to restaurants.
6. Skipping a meal per day can help you lose weight and improve your health
In fact, eating three meals a day may actually help to stave off obesity! Studies show that skipping meals slows down metabolism as the body's tries to reserve its energy stores for daily function. And skipping meals increases the likelihood of overeating or even binge eating later in the day.
7: Body fat is bad for you
Actually, without body fat, your organs would not function properly, your bones would break easier, you would have impaired cognitive ability, and you would be putting yourself at risk for a heart attack. Body fat itself is not bad for you. How much of it, what type, and where a person's fat is stored on their body makes a difference.The Truth About Your Weight and Your Health, fat storage on the hips and thighs is associated with a lower risk of heart disease and Type II Diabetes in both men and women.
8: Being fat is worse for your health than being thin
Here's the biggest shocker, and a fact that sadly goes unnoticed; the risk of death from a very low BMI is greater than for someone at a high BMI! Skinny people die as a result of their weight than fat people do.
Warning, being as thin as this airbrushed model's image may be hazardous to your health."
9: Genetic makeup will not allow an Individual to be lean and fit
Obesity tends to run in families. A genetic cause is indicated; though it must be remembered that family members share not only genes, but also their diet and lifestyle habits. Individuals cannot change their genes, but they can change what they eat and how active they are. Even individuals who are genetically predisposed to obesity need not become obese, they can manage to lose weight and keep it off.
10: Weight gain in women over time is healthy and part of a natural aging process.
Weight gain of more than 20 pounds is not a normal part of the maturation process. It may actually increase a woman's risk of an obesity related disease.
I am 33 weeks pregnant. All reports normal. During ultrasound check up. I came to know that Unlimbical cord found around neck of baby. One loop was there. How can get rid of this. Is there any solution, exercise to prevent this.
Dear Doctor, i am a sexually active 30 years old male, and used to have sexual intercourse with few females before, but around 3 months back, i had intercourse with my girlfriend and now she is complaining of whitish vaginal discharge at the time of ovulation every month, which she had not experienced before, and also once she developed some kind of vesicles in her vulva area following the intercourse, i dont have any symptom in me, but i am scared i may be having STDs. Kindly help me.
Hi I am 7 weeks pregnant. Today in ultrasound scan they found out I have some subchorionic light bleed. Is this a serious problem ? Pls advice me.
There is foul smell and itching also during white discharge since last three days. Please advice me a solution.
Sir her problem is. Her period is irregular. When its start then continuously bleeding 3 or 4 week. Give me the absolute solution please.
Gestational diabetes is a kind of diabetes that happens during pregnancy. Diabetes is referred to a condition where your blood glucose or blood sugar is very high. Although, glucose is good as it used by your body for energy, but excessive glucose in your blood can be harmful for both you and your child. Gestational diabetes is mostly diagnosed in the later stages of pregnancy. If gestational diabetes is diagnosed in the early stages of pregnancy, then it is quite possible that you may have had diabetes before you became pregnant. Treating gestational diabetes can help both you and your baby stay fit and healthy. You can protect both, yourself and your baby by controlling your blood glucose levels.
Here are 7 things that you need to know about Gestational diabetes:
- Every three to eight out of 100 ladies tend to develop diabetes during pregnancy, a condition known as gestational diabetes. Fortunately, it can be dealt with and even kept away by maintaining healthy lifestyle choices. Eating leafy foods and avoiding sugar-rich things, is a vital step for both control and counteractive action. Exercise, after consulting your doctor can guarantee that you have a healthy pregnancy.
- In diabetes, when your body's glucose or sugar levels get so high that the carbohydrates and sugars cannot be converted into energy, the excess starts accumulating in your body. This additional glucose can harm the vessels in your kidneys and all through your body, particularly in organs like eyes.
- Two or three factors might cause danger for creating gestational diabetes, both inside and outside of your control. If you are overweight before you get pregnant or while you are pregnant or your family history shows that you are hereditarily inclined to the sickness, you will probably build up the condition.
- One will have to stay on the right path as far as medication and insulin goes. Your specialist may prescribe that you require diabetic pills or insulin to help you control your glucose levels.
- Your weight can bring about complexities during the delivery in case of gestational diabetes. So it is best to keep your weight in check in order to have a smooth sailing pregnancy and delivery.
- Gestational diabetes can likewise put ladies at risk of contracting preeclampsia, which can bring about a number of side effects and complexities. Side effects brought on may start from swollen feet, legs, fingers, and hands to hypertension and even seizures or strokes.
- Apart from the risks of having gestational diabetes during your pregnancy, it might affect the child later on. Your baby may have a higher danger of obesity as it develops, both in the teenage years and youth. Youngsters who are overweight may suffer from type 2 diabetes in the long run.