Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PushpaYour feedback matters!
My father is in 50s. He is alcoholic. Currently he is saying he is having weight loss, leg pain and shoulder pain. He is also having sometimes blood in stools. He is carrying out his daily routine. Please advice asap.
I a'm a 24 year old male, height 5'11' weight 78 KGs. I've a fatty liver grade 2. I've discussed with a doctor and he gave some medicines. I'm a non-veg, I regularly have fish-rice, dal-rice twice, & roti-sabzi & an egg around 12 PM (college lunch time), milk-tea twice a day with 2 good-day biscuits, and home made foods (puri, paratha, maggi/yippie) at evening everyday. I also have biryani 2-3 a month, beer 2/ month, smokes hardly 1 cigarette a month (depends on my mood, sometimes 1cig /2 months. I want to know what type of foods I can have now.
I feel stomach discomfort and palpitation after meal. Why this happens to me? Please suggest some remedies and medicines.
I got dark orange brownish urine thrice now in 6 months I have gallstones and fatty liver grade 1 and I am taking homeopathy medicins for it.
Actually. I think I have ulcer .not that sure .but want to take precautions .im having pain in my middle of stomach from 2-3 days .will you please tell me medication for this ?
I am 31 years old. I have gastric reflex. I sometimes use to vomit harder. Does vomiting harder results in rise of intracranial pressure and other complications in the brain?
I am 33 yes old male I have fatty liver problem. I have been to ayurvedic doctor she suggest me to take liv52ds tablet for lifetime. Pls suggest me do I have any side effects while taking these tablets. I am also diabetic.
How to quit smoking I had tried various methods such as nicorate 4 what should I do? please help me I had heartburn due to smoking and sometimes lots of sweat headache nevervournes.
My Ultrasound reports show the following 1) 5.6mm calculus noted in the left ureter just proximal to vasico junction with proximal backpressure change. 2) 3mm calculus noted in middle calyx in left kidney 3) 4mm calculus noted in the middle calyx in right kidney, no hydronephrosis on right side Please advise
Sir, almost 15 days my father feeling ill. All over thing is normal but during latrine he fills that huge quantity of blood is releasing from the inner side. With these symptoms he is also feeling pain. What may be it?
Hi I'm 22. I'm in relationship with my boyfriend. We had several times of intercourse. I'm suffering from abdominal pain for 3 days. When we were in an intimate relationship I had this pain. Is it normal to have abdominal pain in that moment (though we had many times)?
As I work in the offc, I mostly got suffered by gas problem. What should I do as I do not have too much time also.
I am 26 now. Male.last 2 months I am affected by severe gastric problem. And also cause insomnia due to gastric. How could I over come from this problem.
Hello doctor, my dad is suffering from a problem about food digestion, and also gastric problem. So need help from you. Please give time the solution soon.
I am having burning sensation in my stomach. Gas. I get a numb kind of feeling on my left leg. Also heaviness at back neck. Also feel dizzy and tired this is happening on and of. Wjom should I consult. I have consulted neurologist they aay vitamin deficiency.
My 5 years old son is having stomach pain for last 7 days around upper side of belly bottom. Doctor is saying gastric acidity, USG done but not found anything related to pain. Please suggest pain is not happening every time sometime in the day or night. Please suggest. Medicine taking aristogyl, rantac syrup and for pain drotin.
Hi I am 26 years old I am suffering from rashes on mu thighs and lower abdomen I hv used some creams also but the problem is not solved, kindly suggest me what to do?
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a form of digestive disorder, which affects the lower oesophageal sphincters or the muscle ring present between the stomach and the food pipe. GERD incorporates the return of the contents of the stomach back to the oesophagus or food pipe. The functioning of the lower oesophageal sphincter is disrupted.
Causes: Hiatal hernia is a common cause of GERD. An unhealthy lifestyle and diet may also lead to GERD. Intake of an excess amount of chocolates, fried food, coffee or alcohol triggers the chance of a reflux. GERD also occurs in obese people and pregnant women.
Symptoms: Heartburn, also known as acid indigestion, is the primary symptom of GERD. The affected person may feel a burning chest pain which starts from behind the breastbone and reaches up to the throat. The feeling can be defined as food coming back to the throat with a bitter, acidic taste. The burning sensation may last as long as two hours.
Other symptoms include:
- Excess saliva secretion
- Chronic conditions of sore throat
- Gum inflammation
- Tooth cavities
- Unpleasant breath
In order to diagnose GERD, several tests may be conducted . They are:
- An X-Ray of the upper part of the digestive system.
- Endoscopy to examine the inner part of the oesophagus.
- Ambulatory acid test for monitoring the amount of acid within the oesophagus.
- An oesophageal impedance test to measure substance movement inside the oesophagus.
- A person must make several changes to his daily lifestyle and diet plan for treatment of GERD.
- Food and beverages like chocolates, fatty food, coffee, alcohol and peppermint should be avoided in order to reduce the weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter. Several food items irritate the damaged oesophageal lining and should also be avoided. They include citrus fruits, tomato and pepper.
- Smoking cigarettes results in weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter and should be stopped to reduce GERD.
- One should elevate the head of the bed on which he or she sleeps on blocks measuring 6 inches. This reduces the heartburn as gravity minimizes stomach reflux to return to the oesophagus.
- Over the counter medicines can be used to cure GERD. Antacids are a good example and neutralize the acid in the oesophagus and stomach, reducing heartburn. Combining antacids with foaming agents is also effective. A foam barrier is formed over the stomach, preventing the occurrence of acid reflux.
- Medicines for reducing acid in the stomach are prescribed in cases of chronic GERD, which include H2 blockers by the likes of cimetidine, famotidine or nizatidine.
GERD is a digestive disorder, which causes disruption in digestion, as reflux from the stomach is returned to the oesophagus. Proper treatment measures should be taken.