Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PushpaYour feedback matters!
Facing navel displacement problem which is disturbing his digestion cycle and there is continuous stomach ache.
Everyone can suffer from pain in the stomach, at one time or the other and we usually ignore it. But when the pain is sudden and severe abdominal pain then it is termed as acute pain and this should not be ignored.
Often the following can be expected with acute pain:
- Acute abdomen pain is usually synonymous with rapid onset of the symptoms which might indicate life threatening intra-abdominal pathology.
- Pain is just a feature and not necessary that it is present at all times. An acute abdomen which is pain free usually occurs in children and women who are in their third trimester of pregnancy.
- The differential diagnosis is difficult and wide especially in primary care. This is because the different organs within their peritoneal cavity might have different areas of referred pains.
- Abdominal pain usually happens to be in the top three symptoms when patients present their state in the emergency and accident departments. But only few of these have acute abdominal pain.
- Management of the abdominal pain should be the primary focus and an assessment should be done to reach the differential diagnosis so that care can be given accordingly.
- The clinical evaluation regarding abdomen pain can change quickly. Any diagnosis which had been made can change and both doctor and patient should not be hesitant and seek other treatment.
Conditions which might cause acute abdomen pain are:
- Meckel's diverticulitis or Acute appendicitis
- Acute cholecystitis
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Acute pancreatitis.
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Intestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus (adynamic obstruction)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Gastrointestinal (GI) haemorrhage
- Acute intestinal ischaemia/infarction or vasculitis.
- Acute urinary retention
- Renal colic or renal tract pain
- Testicular torsion
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Non surgical diseases like pericarditis, sickle cell crisis, acute intermittent porphyria, HIV-associated lymphadenopathy, bowel disease, typhoid, opiate withdrawal, enteritis, pneumonia, myocardial infarction and hepatitis.
- Rare causes might include thromboemboli, phytobezoar, and phytobezoar
Diagnosis of abdominal pains:
- Patients can be ordered to get their blood tests done. Also if need be then imaging can also be referred to them.
- Following tests can be done to rule out the condition causing the abdominal pain:
- Blood Tests: these include FBC, LFTs, glucose, amylase, clotting, calcium and arterial blood gas for pancreatitis
- Crossmatch or group and save
- Pregnancy test in women of childbearing age
- Blood cultures
- Peritoneal lavage in case of an abdominal trauma
- Urine analysis
- X ray of the abdomen, ultrasound, CT scan
- ECG and cardiac enzymes
- Laparoscopy should be a routine procedure
Bloating is a condition in which the abdomen swells up and the affected person starts feeling uneasy. It affects both children and adults. Gas is a condition which is characterized by bloating, burping and pain in your abdomen. It usually forms when swallowed air reacts with the gases created by the stomach bacteria breaking down the undigested food in your large intestine. Excessive gas by itself can also lead to bloating of the stomach.
Gas can also cause a lot of problems if not treated on time, such as:
Acute and sudden abdominal pain.
Vomiting due to dizziness caused by gas.
Weight loss if gas formation or bloating becomes chronic.
Fainting can also be an early symptom of excessive gas build up.
Bleeding from the anus in severe cases.
Bloating and gas can be cured by homeopathic remedies:
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient in treating bloated abdomen. Sourced from natural substances, Homeopathic remedies are very beneficial in treating cases of bloatedness. Homeopathy provides complete recovery from bloatedness. The Homeopathic treatment for bloated abdomen is also of great help in releasing the wind from abdomen, thereby providing relief to the patient. The pain in the abdomen, burning and other associated symptoms also disappear with the use of natural Homeopathic medicines. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for bloating and gas are:
Carbo-Vegetabilis: This is possibly the most commonly prescribed medication for common gas and bloating related disorders. This medication is effective in treating bloating and gas formation in the upper abdominal region. Symptoms where this medication may be prescribed include sour burping with a burning sensation, relief with passing wind and even slight difficulties in breathing.
Magnesium Phosphorus: An effective remedy if you are have pain in your lower abdomen due to the accumulation of gas. The pain might be a constant cramping pain or it may come and go. Hiccups and belching may also accompany the episodes of stomach pain.
Natrum Carbonicum: Some people have to stay on very restrictive diets for most of their lives due to the fear of gas and bloating. Certain food items may suddenly trigger the painful build up of gas and also cause bloating. Milk products can cause diarrhea with these people as well. Natrum Carbonicum works wonders in such cases.
Nux Vomica: If your bloating is caused by indigestion then Nux Vomica is one of the best options out there to correct this problem.
Lycopodium: If you have a tendency to of bloating or gas after consuming onion or garlic, Lycopodium is a great remedy.
Pulsatilla – Neither commonly used medication, pulsatilla is use when you have slow digestive system and bloating is caused by eating sweet products such as ice-creams or cakes and fatty food in general.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for bloating and gas. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.