Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pushpa Deshmukh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pushpa DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctor, Please suggest any medicine, if there will be any retained product in uterine, after taking contra pills for abortion. Waiting for reply & hope for best medicine by your end. Warm Regards.
I am having irregular periods for a long time. I went to many doctors but no results the only thing that resulted is excess body weight.
Miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion that occurs around the first to second trimester of pregnancy; wherein the foetus is automatically expelled from the uterus due to its inability to survive because of environmental influences or chromosomal abnormalities.
Unless the miscarriage occurs due to a severe health issue, the fertility of the woman may not necessarily be compromised. Studies show that one miscarriage doesn’t predict the possibility of a future one. Once the bleeding and pain subside, it is the emotional trauma that must be addressed to begin with which poses a greater threat than the physical one.
The fertility of the woman remains unaltered and the body can be ready after the menstrual cycle returns to normal. However, it still requires some time for the woman to be physically and emotionally prepared to go through another pregnancy. The medical history and reasons behind miscarriage must be evaluated before the couple decides to try again.
Complications after miscarriage only occur if the woman is above 35 years of age or has a rather unhealthy lifestyle. The concept of fertility varies from person to person and it isn’t possible to pass a common judgement about fertility in this scenario.
The gynaecologist mostly suggests couple therapy after the trauma of the miscarriage. The psychological loss is given more importance before considering another attempt by most doctors. The fertility loss only occurs with age and unhealthy lifestyle and it is widely accepted and proven that a miscarriage has little or nothing to do with it.
Ways to Increase Fertility
If a couple is certain they are ready to conceive again, there are a few things a woman can do to help her chances of becoming pregnant-
- The first thing to do is to stop any unhealthy habits. These include smoking, drug use, or alcohol abuse. It’s reported that high consumption levels of caffeine are detrimental to conception so that should also be limited.
- Eliminating stress can also help. Eliminating stress is one of the most important factors in having a successful pregnancy. So, it makes sense that getting over-stressed can reduce fertility levels.
- Eat healthy. If depression was experienced due to the miscarriage, it’s possible that the woman’s diet has not been the healthiest. It’s common for women who have experienced a miscarriage to have a loss of appetite and not eat enough or to eat out of sorrow, eating too much. More attention should be paid to the diet and more healthy foods added to meals.
Talk to a Doctor
If a couple is having issues with fertility after early miscarriage, they should talk to a doctor. There are many options available. More than likely, the first thing the doctor will do is to test fertility levels of both the man and the woman. If you don't want to visit a doctor for this, there is a new at-home kit available called Fertell. This test, retailing for approximately $100, measures fertility levels for both a man and a woman.
If it is found that there is a loss of fertility after early miscarriage, fertility drugs or therapies may be prescribed for a period of time.
The doctor may report that there are no issues with fertility. At this point, it would be a good idea to use an ovulation predictor in order to time effective intercourse. This isn't the most romantic idea, but it may well be one of the most logical ways for a couple to conceive.
Fertility is not normally decreased after miscarriage. A woman's fertility levels return to normal as soon as her menstrual cycle returns. Fertility may be decreased due to emotional issues as a result of the miscarriage. However, if a couple is ready, both physically and emotionally, there should be no physiological hindrances to conception.
The decision to try again is not an easy one. However, fertility won't typically be an issue.
Doctor I have missed my periods since last 6 days. I checked pregnancy with prega news twice. It showed me negative result. Doctor my previous menses was on 14-20 sept. My boyfriend touched my vagina with little wet with semen on 11th of october .on 14th october we were on dry humping. He was wearing underwear and short and I was on underwear. He ejected sperm in his shorts. It got little wet .is there any chances of my pregnancy?
Deciding to have sex can be a big step for many in a relationship. It can be scary, nerve-wracking and at the same time enjoyable. Practicing safe sex ensures that you will be able to enjoy it more with your partner, being confident that you are protecting your body and health, and exploring your sexuality with a partner you trust. Here are 3 ways of having safe sex:
1. Staying safe against STDs - Visit a doctor regularly to get screened for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases or infections. Go for the check up with your partner before entering a new relationship to be on the safe side, and also, if you feel nervous. If your partner is not willing to practice safe sex, its best to try and counsel him/her on the importance of protection. Get vaccinated against HPV and HBV to reduce the risk of getting a STD.
2. Use latex condom - Use a latex condom while you have sex of any kind, including vaginal, anal or oral sex. Latex condoms are easy to use, efficient, cheap and widely available at all locations. Consistently and correctly using latex condoms during sex can reduce the risk of STD and pregnancy up to 99%. If your skin is allergic to latex condom you can use polyurethane condoms, which offer protection against STIs. Natural condoms are reliable against pregnancy but the material is not fine enough to ensure protection against STDs, making them less reliable for that purpose.
3. Consider using hormonal birth control - The hormonal contraception method regulates a woman's fertility cycle to prevent pregnancy. The most common type of hormonal birth control is referred to as 'pill' and is taken orally every day. If taken consistently and correctly, a pill is 99% effective when it comes to protection against unwanted pregnancies.
Hormonal patches and implants can also last for several weeks and are equally effective. Injections of estrogen and progestin can also be used. Vaginal hormone rings can also be worn during the month and removed during menstruation, offering 99% reliability.
Related Tip: 6 Special Sex Tips for Diabetics