Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PurnimaYour feedback matters!
I have itching problem from some time as after applying lotion it becomes good for some days and after that it got started again, so what to do?
Hello doctor I am 20 years old now but I did not get my beard yet? Why? My friend has a wonderful beard on his face but I do not have why doctor why?
I have a pigmentation problem and had laser and now under treatment of peels but no improvement please suggest what to do next.
I have too many white hairs on my head. And there are less hair on my forehead compared to others. I don't have any hair loss problem. Kindly help me.
Hair loss problem. It happen from last 2-3 months. I have no hereditary problem. Which shampoo should I use. I am not a vegetarian, what should be my food chart. Help me, suggest me please.
I am 22, female. My skin is very dehydrated and too much dry, because of that my skin is scaly, its look like old age women, and have wrinkles on my hands and feet, I always applied moisture and oil but after an hour, there is no moisture in my hand ,then it will dry again. So please tell me what should I do? Because I olways drink plenty of water in a day.
I am 18 Yeats old boy. I have skin problem. I have too many pimples on my face, I have tried too many skin care, pimple remover cream but it dsnt work. What should I do now for treat this?
Hi My uncle is 48 years old and have diabetes, his thighs have some big dark spots and sometimes sugar level goes too high what should he do to control sugar level especially related to food items what he eat?
I hv white hair problem should I hv amal juice? When should I hv it? Is it good to mix with water pls tell m.
Sir I am suffering burning sensation in legs and foot I am consult many doctors but my problem not solve I consume alcohol dyle doctor said stop alcohol I stopped talking alcohol but the problem same I take the pregabalin tablet every day please suggest me.
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as Telogen effluvium .
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, results.
Other lifestyle-related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends.