Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Punima
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PunimaYour feedback matters!
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
Hi. I'm a 22 year old female. I had sex for the first time. It was protected. But we did use lube. I did not bleed. After two days of having sex I got my period. I was a bit itchy on my vagina but I thought it was the discomfort caused by wearing sanitary. Now that my period is over I was still itchy and I looked at my vagina closely today and found that I had dry flaky skin around my clitoris. Or on the lips of my vagina. I wanna know why did that happen? Is it because of the lube or the condom? Or is it thrush? Will it get fine on its own or I need to put something on it? Because it feels itchy.
I had cesarean on June 1 and also occurring family planning operation. First cesarean did in 2013. My problem is up to July 1 bleeding was come it was gradually decreased with color change. And again on20th July fresh bleeding is occurring on 4 days not highly. From onwards white discharge is occurring highly with back ache. When I consult doctor she gave calcium and iron tablets and multi vitamin syrup I am using these medicine but no results observe so please tell me what I am do and why it is occurring is it normal.
Im 19 year old female. For the past few months I have notice that I began to develop boils on my buttocks when I about to start my menstrual cycle. Lately, they have become more painful than usual. What can cause boils to develop each time I start to have my cycle? How can I overcome this.
Can you please tell me the uses of Epimag Shall I hv it? Is it safe for the use of vaginal infection?
I got married last 5 months back. I am trying to conceive but I am not getting pregnant. I am getting my periods regularly.
I am 1st time pregnant. My pregnancy is 8 week. My ultrasound report shows without fetal node without yolk sac without cardiac activity. please suggest me which option choose kya mujhe abortion kra lena chaiye.
-A curative for physical weakness and many illnesses.
-An aphrodisiac agent and vitalizer.
-An effective alternative to the Indian herbal aphrodisiac.
-A general sex tonic.
-An immunity-improving drug.
-A remedy for diabetes.
-A remedy for arthritis.
My recommendations: Get herb from local panwari (local dry herbs seller) and grind it at home. Hard Musli is a good quality musli. Flexible and soft musli is not good.
In Raj Nighantu (an esteemed reference guide to Ayurvedic herbs) it has been described that the kali (black) mush is more effective than white mush, which is botanically identified as chlorophytum tuberosum.
My wife periods will finish yesterday night so can you please tell me what is the safe time to have a safe saex with her without using protection to avoid pregnancy even I discharge ?
Me 2 months pregnant hu. Mujhe bahut jayda vomit hoti h, aur lower abdominal pain bhi. Do baar spot bhi aa chuke hai. Please tell me what should I do? Please advise.
My period date was 16/17 but I felt just cramps but no period my pregnancy date is negative. So whats reason is it. please hlp me n told me properly plz.
Can a pregnant women go for a cesarian for delivery in the 9 th month (without completion of 9 months)?
Namaste, I am Dr. Surjeet Kaur Baba, practicing Ayurveda physician, cosmetologist, skin anesthetic trichologist and nutritionist. Today we will talk on lifestyle disorders and how we can handle it with Ayurveda. Our lifestyle has taken a lot of toll on our health giving rise to many diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and also depression. So how can we make changes in our lifestyle to handle it. It is very simple.
- We need to incorporate more walk in our daily life, eat less or eat in a smaller plate.
- We need to include diet like seasonal vegetables and fruits, have whole meals, have whole grains in your meals.
- Let's incorporate yoga and pranayama.
- Try to take maximum walk during the day.
- Take the stairs in case if you are going to your office or your home.
- Meditation plays imporatnat role in the improvement but sounds difficult. It's very difficult to meditate if you just start on your own but Ayurveda has a way to do it. It helps you through shirodhara. A stream of warm oil flows on to the center of the forehead. It's also known as a third eye. This stimulates the pituitary gland and gives you a very blissful experience. You should experience it in order to understand.
- There are few medications available to help you in your weight loss. Medicines like Garcinia, Gogol, triphala, Nishod etc also help in losing weight and also helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Last but not the least you need to grab good amount of sleep. A minimum of six to eight hours of sleep is essential for a sound health.Friends don't forget, you need not sleep during day time as it is totally contraindicated in Ayurveda. One can also relax by taking a Birmingham treatment in an ear by clinic.
Let us incorporate the Ayurveda way of lifestyle for sound health. For more information please visit www.lybrate.com. Thank you.
We live in a world where germs, pollution, dust and toxic substances co-exist. We inhale them every time as we breathe. Processed and packaged foods contain host of chemicals, trans fats, preservatives and artificial colours which increase harmful free radicals in our bodies. These free radicals are toxins and can cause a host of diseases. Our immune system is constantly working to eliminate these free radicals. Sweating is a natural way of eliminating toxins from the body. Toxins are also flushed out from our body through urine. However, a proper detoxifying diet and adequate exercise are a must to flush out these harmful elements from our bodies.
Detoxification is a process of eliminating free harmful free radicals in the body. An ideal process should be a combination of diet and exercise. The thumb rule of detoxification is to stay away from chemicals and be as natural as possible. The ayurvedic way is the best way. We have put together ten natural ways to detoxify and cleanse our body. Let’s have a look:
- Water: Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water help in flushing out toxins from the body.
- Vegetable juices: Vegetable juice extracted from raw vegetables acts as a purifier for the body. Juice of tomato, beetroot, carrot, bottle gourd or cucumber is a great way to start the day.
- Sugarcane juice: Believe it or not, sugarcane juice is a natural detoxifier. Drink fresh sugarcane juice at least once a week for best results. Avoid adding salt or spice as it may interfere with detoxification process.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an excellent cleanser for the body. Include citrus fruits like oranges, kiwis in your diet. Drinking plain lemon water also helps flush out toxins from the body. Fruits like papaya, water melon can flush out body toxins where as blue berries and strawberries are great antioxidants. Go ahead and try them!
- Green tea: Green tea is believed to be an excellent source of antioxidants. Sip green tea without sugar or additives to retain its natural properties.
- Sweat your toxins out: Adopt a form of exercise that induces sweat. Be it aerobics, brisk walk, a run or a dance on your favorite number. Sweating is a natural mechanism of the body to flush out impurities.
- Steam/sauna bath: Steam or Sauna baths can help eliminate toxins and leave you feeling fresh and light.
- Yoga: Yoga offers us valuable postures that help restore our body’s internal balance and aid in purification. Yoga must be adopted religiously and as a way of life to seek maximum benefits.
- Deep breathing: Every morning, devote 10 minutes for deep breathing. This is a great purification process for the body.
Adopt these natural ways and see the difference yourself! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.