Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PuneethYour feedback matters!
Hello doc Mam I have hormonal imbalance problem. My tsh and prolactin tests r normal but testosterone is 52.8.menstruation problem. Nd hair growth on chin. Even a little bit gain in weight. I go for walk daily. controlled diet. Is there any serious problem. My age 27 years old unmarried. In future any prob during conceive? Bp normal level. please Guide me how to cure.
Hello sir, Is there any medicine which she can use before making sexual relationship for risk of pregnancy. If yes please tell me the name and how long she can take for safe sex. Is there any side effects for that?
I had intercourse with my fiance on 13th feb and I took unwanted 72 contraceptive pill the next day i.e within 24 hours. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I am 33 years old having beautiful talented girl child. Planning for pregnancy next year. Let me know wat test I need to take before planning pregnancy. Babies getting lots of issues due to late pregnancy. Pls advise.
Im 32 weeks pregnant and keep on experiencing emotional stress. What stress reliever could you refer for me?
Excessive bleeding done usg it states severe endrometrial hyperplasia. Wanted to know is dnc only d option. Removed iud on 27th august n than heavy bleeding with clots started.
Shirodhara rejuvenates and revitalizes the body and mind, relieves stress and strain related problems, slows the aging process, improves memory and is known to cure paralysis, insomnia, depression, anxiety, hypertension and other neurological disorders. It also bestows better vision, better hearing, clears nasal problems and ultimately strengthens your physical constitution.
The shirodhara offered by arogyam ayurveda is the authentic kerala treatment, unlike the head massage only type offered by many ayurveda centres and spas.
[shirodhara promotes profound relaxation with the steady flow of warm herbal oil poured on the forehead. It is beneficial for stress related disorders as it calms the nervous system, pacifies vatha and increases mental resilience. Its soothing, meditative effect releases deep seated tension and tiredness whilst also stilling restless or overactive minds. It can also be used to balance mood fluctuations, enhance intuition, increase mental clarity and improve memory. An unforgettable experience of pure bliss.
Hello I am Dr. Mohan Raut, a practicing gynecologist from last 27 years and partner of ICPRM, India's first immunotherapy Center for treatment of patients with repeated miscarriages, IVA failure, rod implantation failure.
Today I am going to discuss about various causes that lead to repeated miscarriages.
Miscarriage is a traumatic experience for a woman and when it happens repeatedly it can be devastating. The problem of repeated miscarriage is huge because it affects almost 1% of couples. So at any given moment the number of patients suffering from this problem is really high. There are five common causes of this problem, those are;
- Genetic factor- In this case, there are chromosomal or genetic abnormalities in the pregnancy and because of which the fetus can't grow, leading to miscarriage.
- Structural problems- Structural problem in uterus or the womb. Here there can be double uterus. There can be a curtain or septum within the uterus which leads to compromise in the space allowing pregnancy not to grow leading to miscarriage.
- Endocrine group- The problem arises in conditions such as diabetes, mellitus, thyroid ( hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism), a condition called as PCOD or polycystic ovarian disease. These can lead to repeated miscarriages
- Infection- Certain viral infections and infections like toxoplasma can infect the pregnancy leading to miscarriage.
- Autoimmune factor or autoimmune disorders- This includes formation of antibodies against mother's own group and conditions like anti-thyroid antibodies, or antibodies against for a phospholipid part of the mother's body. The conditions known as collagen disorders are responsible for this and lead to repeated miscarriages.
Now when all these factors are tested, it has been found that almost 50% of couples with repeated miscarriages show that all these tests are normal. Then what is the cause in these couples? And in these couples the cause is found to be called as alloimmune factor or there is immunological rejection of pregnancy by the mother.
Now what is this alloimmune problem and how pregnancy is nature's miracle? I will discuss these in my next video.
For more information you can contact me on www.lybrate.com. Thank you.
Hi, my periods was late this time last month I had used medicines due to fever, cold and cough actually my date was on 28th I'm bit tensed dis is not related to pregnancy right last month my periods was on date and after that we are not having any sexual relationship also but why my periods were late at present we are not planning for children please help me with this issue.
I got married in august last year. We are trying for baby but I am not getting pregnant. I have very irregular period last period I had on11th of june that to I got after taking susten200 tablet. Then again I did not got period I check fr pregnancy but result has negative. Then I consulted a doctor and she gave me following medicines. AgeLess tablets (for 3 months) NormOz tablet (for 3 months) Meprate (for 10 days) Will I ever be able to conceive or become mother.
Basically girl have period problem. Why its happened .and how to stop period from young age. During period time. Can I do sex or not. I am confused. Help me.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full-term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments. In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
Dear Doctor, I got unwanted pregnancy by chance about which I came to know just after skipping my periods, so that was 5 weeks pregnancy, that's why I had abortion pills for the first time which are usually recommended by various websites as well. It worked, but I did not get proper periods, I mean blood clots are coming but only with urine otherwise the pad is clear. But yes I am having very strong cramps after taking pills. I wanted to know that it's normal or I need to have pills again. Please guide me.
I am 25 years female. I have swelling on my foot, hands, and even on my face. Sometimes I have pain in my heels. My blood sugar fasting is 76, uric acid 4.5, esr 6, blood urea 28.9, serum creatinine 0.9 I have thyroid test too that is 2.29 when I do lit bit work it creates more restlessness to me. I want to know the reason exactly.
My Wife's age is 21 years old. Now, she is 8 months and 21 Days Pregnant. Her weight is 73 kg. Next Week She will completing her 9th months of Pregnancy. Her Stomach size is very large compare than normal women's stomach in the 9th month of Pregnancy. Now a days her Gynecologist says she have high Blood Pressure in this month that is 200. And when we check her Blood Pressure in home by our Family Doctor, that time it shows 130. Why this is Happen. She can't face Blood Pressure problem till her 8th months. Then why this is Happen in this months. Please, give me valuable advice for my wife. Also suggest me food precautions in this month. At this situation it is possible for Normal Delivery.
Vaginitis is the inflammation of one’s vagina accompanied by pain during intercourse, mild vaginal bleeding, painful urination, vaginal itching or a considerable change in the amount, odor and color of the vaginal discharge.
1. A certain level of bacteria is normally found in one’s vagina (lactobacilli). Now if this count is outnumbered by the other bacteria (anaerobes), the balance in the vagina gets disrupted giving rise to bacterial vaginosis. Such kind of vaginitis usually stems from sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners.
2. Yeast infection occurs due to an overgrowth of fungal organisms in one’s vagina, especially Candida Albicans.
3. Trichomoniasis caused by the one celled microscopic parasite ‘Trichomonas Vaginalis’ generally spreads through sexual intercourse with an infected partner. The condition also makes one vulnerable to various sexually transmitted infections.
4. Spermicidal products, scented detergents, perfumed soaps, douches, vaginal sprays or foreign objects such as tampons that were not taken out or tissue paper might trigger allergic reactions or irritation in the vaginal tissues.
5. Surgical removal of the ovaries or reduced estrogen count after menopause might cause thinning of the vaginal lining, thereby resulting in vaginal burning, dryness or irritation.
1. For Bacterial vaginosis, your doctor might advise the application of clindamycin cream or metronidazole gel as well as metronidazole tablets which are to be taken orally.
2. Yeast infections might be treated with an anti-fungal suppository or cream, for instance, tioconazole, butoconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole. Oral medication, such as fluconazole is also administered to treat the same.
3. Metronidazole or tinidazole tablets are prescribed for Trichomoniasis.
4. Estrogen in the form of rings, tablets or vaginal creams is effective in treating low estrogen level after menopause.
5. For non-infectious vaginitis primarily caused by objects, such as tampons, sanitary napkins, laundry detergent or new soap, it is essential to pinpoint the source of the irritation and avoid them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
1. Boosts your immune system
Lemons are rich in vitamin c, b, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber. Although vitamin c is the key to jump-starting our immune system, the rest of the nutritional benefits of the lemon can certainly do you no harm. It's good to drink a glass or two of lemon water when you are feeling stressed, because that is when your immune system is most likely to fall prey to any surrounding bacteria or viruses.
2. A surprising source of potassium
Potassium is good for the health of your heart as well as your brain and nerve function. It is usually found in vegetables like potatoes and spinach, but lemons are also an excellent source for a potassium boost.
3. Eases your digestion
Lemon water should be consumed at room temperature, as warm water helps stimulate smooth movement within the gastrointestinal tract. Lemons and other citrus fruits contribute to this effect because they are rich in vitamins and minerals that loosen up the toxins in the digestive tract, known as ama. Lemon is an excellent natural remedy for symptoms of indigestion like heartburn and bloating.
4. A natural diuretic
Lemons increase the rate of urination and therefore are able to quickly remove toxins in the digestive tract that can affect the health of the urinary tract.
5. Keeps your skin clear
The potent vitamin c in lemons helps keep the skin blemish and wrinkle free. In addition, the antioxidants in lemon juice can be applied to scars and age spots in order to reduce their appearance without diminishing the skin's radiance.
6. Reduces inflammation
Drinking lemon water on a regular basis may decrease the levels of acidity within the body, which is where disease is most likely to occur. It works to remove uric acid in the joints which is the main source for joint pain and inflammation. It's also good to drink the lemon water in the winter at a lukewarm temperature to fight off the effects of cold-weather stiffness.
7. A caffeine aid
Lemon juice is an excellent way to cut back on caffeine in coffee or soda because it has similar rejuvenating effects. Substituting your morning cup of joe for a cup of hot water and lemon may save you from an afternoon crash and quiet your caffeine cravings.
8. Keeps you hydrated
Starting your day off with a cup of hot lemon water can not only prevent fatigue later on in the day, but also dehydration. Dehydration is one of the major causes of toxic buildup, stress and even susceptibility to viral infections. So if you are the kind that forgets to drink water, it is recommended that you drink lemon water in order to stay hydrated throughout the day.
I am late on my period by 8 days. I had protected sex few days back. Took pregnancy test, it was negative. My boyfriend and I are tensed. Can you suggest anything to get my periods sooner or maybe prescribe some drug for the same.
To look good is one of the best ways to help yourself feel good. With the help of the latest technology, we now have cosmetic solutions to our appearance related problems and these are available at numerous salon or in jars that can sit on our nightstand, ready for regular use. Yet, there are more long-term solutions with greater efficacy that one can get from a cosmetic surgeon. Facial implants are one such solution which can help us in many ways.
Here are the various benefits of facial implants.
- Augmentation: One of the main benefits of getting facial implants is that these will help in significantly augmenting your facial features, especially your cheeks. If you have a weak chin which seems slightly receding or too chubby cheeks, then this is a good cosmetic option which can help in giving better shape so that the features are well augmented with better definition and fullness. This will render a fine balance to your overall appearance and make your face that much more attractive as well.
- Reconstruction: Sometimes, we lose the shape and definition of our features to age and weight as well as other factors like a stressful lifestyle where eating and sleeping patterns are less than ideal. In such a scenario, we can reconstruct the facial features, restoring the contours and bringing back the original proportions of the face. This will make the features look like they really fit in with your face which gives a good appearance in the long run.
- Rejuvenate: These implants can also help in rejuvenating and adding a more fresh feel to your overall appearance. With the help of these implants, you can actually bring back the distinction between areas like the jaw and the chin, as well as the cheeks so that your face looks more well proportioned, well defined, and even younger.
- Correct deficiencies: If you have any facial deficiencies in terms of the contours as well as the definition of your features and the blend of the same, then you can turn to facial implants. These implants will help in better contouring in a way that will fix these imperfections in your jaw, chin and cheeks. This will give you a more polished look.
- Facial symmetry: One of the best benefits of facial implants is the fact that it renders greater symmetry to your face. After this procedure, your face will actually have features set in a proportionate line which creates a pleasing and perfect look. If you feel you cheeks are too large or your chin and jaw are literally merging in with each other, then a facial implant will help in bringing in greater symmetry for your face. These procedures are also quite quick to perform. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.