Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PuneethYour feedback matters!
My friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend on 27th August and she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After 4 days I.e. On 1 september she started bleeding which continued till 4th September. Then she did home 4 urine pregnancy test after 21 days of intercourse, 28 days, 35 days and 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. She did a beta hcg test on 18th October which was 51 days after intercourse. The result was <1.2miU/mL. Then after 5 days i.e. On 23 October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. Last month also she bleed from 23 November to 29th November. Does she still have to be worried about pregnancy?
I am 21 and mostly uses pills after sex and later at menses time I am having unbearable pain in stomach and back pain. What was the reason and suggest me.
I have completed 14 weeks of pregnancy and my first combined test (First trimester test+ NT scan) looks fine. Doctor recommended next scan (Anomaly scan) on 19 weeks. Here my question is do I need to start any vitamin tablet now. Also can anyone tell me what are all other scan and medication I need to take for normal pregnancy and followed by natural delivery. Thanks, Tapaswini.
What is the difference between PCOS and PCOD? It's been two and half bad year I am trying to get pregnant but haven't success yet.
Urinary tract infections (UTIs), which are infections anywhere along the urinary tract including the bladder and kidneys are on the most common infections in women. These infections can be caused by poor hygiene, impaired immune function, the overuse of antibiotics and the use of spermicides. The most common cause, accounting for about 90 percent of all cases, is the transfer of E. coli bacteria from the intestinal tract to the urinary tract.
Fortunately, there are a few methods of natural treatment and prevention that are drug free and prescription free and more than are effective as well. Go Natural!
Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Indian Gooseberry is rich in vitamin C which in turn inhibits the growth of bacteria
- Take a cup of water.
- Add one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry (amla) powder and one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Boil the solution until half the water evaporates.
- Drink the residue three times a day for three to five days.
You can also eat more fruits like lemons, oranges, bananas, guava, kiwi, melon, raspberries, tomatoes, and papaya that contain a good amount of Vitamin C.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of enzymes, potassium and other useful minerals that can prevent the bacteria that cause UTIs from multiplying or growing. Those suffering from UTIs can use apple cider vinegar as
- Natural antibiotic to treat the infection.
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. You can also add lemon juice and sweeten with honey. Mix it well.
- Drink this two times a day for a few days
Baking soda will raise the acid-base balance of acidic urine and give you relief from the pain. Neutralizing the acidity in the urine also will help speed up recovery. Simply add one teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water and drink it once or twice a day.
Blueberries have bacteria-inhibiting properties that can help in the treatment of UTIs. The antioxidants present in blueberries are good for the immune system, and they prevent growth of bacteria that causes UTIs.
- You can add some fresh blueberries to your favorite cereal and have it for breakfast.
- You can also make fresh blueberry juice and have it daily, in the morning and at night for quick results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Im a girl of 23. I had sex on jan, but he didn't insert. It was on the first day of my pms. On feb I had pms but for three days and I did a home pregnancy test which showed negative but its like I have a tummy issue and whenever I try to exercise I get tired very soon, get a back pain. Im not understanding my problems. Can you please help. And what are the beats inside stomach?
Taking into account the hectic lifestyle we lead, most of us end up suffering from aches and pains. But that does not mean we have to continue to suffer from them. There are plenty of easy exercises that one can follow in order to keep themselves healthy and problem free!
In order to avoid aches and pains, the first thing that a person needs to do is
- Practise hamstring stretches regularly: What this entails is that he or she needs to lie on the back, raise a leg and hold the back of it with both hands. While it may be called the hamstring stretch and one would probably normally think that the beneficial impact of doing it would be limited to the hamstring, it works quite a bit of special magic which has an ability to ease the pain in the lower back. Now, for an exercise which is so simple, is it not worth it?
- Side Stretch: Talking about stretches, another form of a stretch happens to be the side stretch. Even this is rather simple and all that needs to be done is to lie on one’s side and pull the ankle of the leg which is not in contact with the ground towards the back. While this is being done, the ankle of the lower leg should apply pressure on the thigh.
- Straight leg raise: It may seem that most of the exercises which reduce pain are stretches! However, this is not really the case as there is a place for exercises such as the straight leg raise and the like. What exactly is the straight leg raise? Well, it can be done when a person is either in a sitting position or is lying on his or her back. The toes are to be kept pointed upwards and the leg is to be raised. It is to be kept in mind that the challenge of the straight leg raise is that the knee should not be bent, at all.
- The cat and camel exercise: The terms cat and camel generally refer to members of the animal kingdom. However, jointly, in terms of exercises, the cat and camel is an exercise well worth remembering as it can save the individual quite a lot of pain. All that needs to be done is to alternatively arch one’s back towards the floor and the ceiling while resting on one’s hands and knees.
While our way of living may come with certain side-effects, but it would not be right to say that we are helpless. We need to take charge and make little changes to enjoy a healthy and happy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Thank you very much for your reply. I have been constantly worried about STD. But this type of discharge has never happened before and this is giving me very uncomfortable feeling. This never happened in the last 20 years. I am 35, unmarried and I masturbate regularly. Also I have some shrinkage when this discharge happens. Some say this is harmful effects of masturbation. Another homeopath said it's Prostatitis and this is prostatic fluid. Please advise. Regards Amit.
I am 27 yrs. Old I got married 6 months back. I got regular periods but this month it was late by 4 days and stays only for 2 days and very less flow. Now I am feeling heaviness, pressure and little pain in lower abdomen. Plzz. Help me out why this happens.
After my 1st intercourse with my husband. I'm bleeding for 3 to 4 days. Is it normal. Bleeding was not so high. I am unable to understand my problem.
Menorrhagia is a condition that is marked by heavy menstrual bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycles. Most women have a unique bleeding pattern during that time of the month with the flow going up and down over the first few days. Yet, for many women, the bleeding becomes consistently heavy during all the days of the period, during which the period itself may get extended by a few days. If this pattern continues to occurs, one must get it checked out by a doctor at the earliest. Here are a few ways in which this condition may be treated.
Factors considered during treatment: Before the treatment starts, and during the diagnosis stage, the doctor will take a look at a number of factors so that the correct form of treatment may be prescribed to the patient. To begin with, the doctor will take a complete medical history of the patient, including the family history to ascertain whether or not there may be a genetic problem at play. Further, the future childbearing plans of the patient will also be taken into consideration in such cases so that the treatment method does not hinder such plans. Also, the doctor will also try and understand the effect of the symptoms of this condition before prescribing any particular medication and surgery.
- Medication: Iron supplements and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines will be prescribed for the patient to bring down the level of inflammation and restore the production of blood, which will make up for the rapidly flowing blood from the body. This will also prevent the risk of anemia (Learn how anemia affects the human health). Oral contraceptives, tranexamic acid, oral progesterone and hormonal therapy can also help in such cases.
- Dilation and curettage: This procedure is also known as D&C, and it basically helps in dilation or opening up of the cervix so that the doctor may suction the tissue from the uterine lining. This tissue is usually known to bring about excessive bleeding.
- Uterine artery embolisation: This is a procedure which shrinks any existing fibroids that may be the cause behind excessive bleeding. In this procedure, the uterine arteries are blocked and the blood supply to the same is cut off so that the fibroids do not get a chance to grow and cause unnecessary pressure that may lead to excessive bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that removes the cervix as well as the uterus (You can learn more about infections of the Uterus), and is usually the last resort followed by most doctors. In such cases, the doctor will first ascertain whether or not you plan to have any children in the future. Additionally, the ovaries may also be removed if the condition has spread too much to be contained sufficiently.
I have some problem in penetrating into my girlfriend's vagina. It is soo tensed n penetration is not getting done. What can I do for this. Can she take any medication?
Sex is an important aspect in everyone's life. And if you are in a relationship, it is one of the most significant things that can bind you and your partner. While many men do not have any problem having sex, there are a few who suffer from some form of sexual dysfunction.
Here are 9 home remedies that can help turn those sexual problems around:
Known to have a number of health benefits, garlic is a great aphrodisiac that has no side-effects. This root, works as a tonic for people suffering from a lack of libido, or those who are unable to maintain an erection.
How to use it: crush two or three cloves of garlic and eat this every day for the desired results.
This root is only second to garlic when it comes to its aphrodisiac properties. Known to increase libido and strengthen reproductive organs, onions are great to help with a good erection in those suffering from erectile dysfunction. While any variety of onion is good for health, the white variety has been found to be most beneficial.
How to use it: eat raw white onions as a part of your meal. You can choose to have it added to your salad or simply eat it as a side dish.
Packed with innumerable health benefits, carrots are known to enhance sexual stamina. A perfect remedy for those suffering from fatigue or premature ejaculation, carrots when combined with eggs make the perfect recipe for a great sexual experience.
How to use it: take 150g of carrot and chop it finely. Now add it to a half-boiled egg. Add some honey to this mix. Have this once a day for a month or two for promising results.
While the vegetable itself is extremely beneficial for your health, it is the roots that help with sexual disorders. According to ayurvedic literature, the roots of the lady's finger plant are great for those who have lost their sexual vigour.
How to use it:
Take five to ten grams of the root powder and add it to a glass of milk. To this add a little bit of mishri or crystalline sugar. Drink this mixture on a daily basis for good results.
Also known as shatavari
And marketed as safed museli, this vegetable is a great remedy for sexual disorders. The dried root is a common medicine used by unani doctors to treat a number of sexual dysfunctions, including the lack of sexual vigour, impotency and premature ejaculation.
How to use it:
Take about fifteen grams of the root powder and boil it in a glass of milk. Drink this decoction twice a day for effective results.
A vegetable that is commonly added to sambaar and other indian dishes, this long spindly vegetable is a very potent aphrodisiac. The vegetable itself is known to relieve the symptoms of functional sterility in both males and females. Apart from that the dried bark of the tree is also very useful in the treatment of conditions like impotency, premature ejaculation and lack of motility of sperm.
How to use it: drumstick: take about 15g of the drumstick flower and boil it in about 250ml of milk.
Drumstick tree bark:
Powder the dry bark and add about 120g of this powder to about half a liter of water and bring it to a boil. Let the mixture boil for about half an hour. You can mix a glass of this water with a tablespoon of honey and have it three times a day for a period of three months.
Again, a root that not only adds to the tanginess of a dish, ginger is also a very potent aphrodisiac. The juice of ginger is said to help in relieving the symptoms of conditions such as impotency, premature ejaculation and spermatorrhea (excessive accidental ejaculation).
How to use it: take half a spoonful of ginger juice and have it with one half-boiled egg and some honey and have this once everyday, just before bed.
Dates are known to help increase iron content in the body and have very high nutritional value. They are also very effective in providing that extra boost of energy, that one needs for sexual vigour.
How to use it: take some dried dates, mix it with almonds and pistachio nuts. Grind all three ingredients and eat about 100g of this mixture once daily.
These sweet fruits are also very good in improving one's sexual vigour. Due to its sugar content, raisins are also very good at providing extra energy to the person eating them.
How to use it: boil the raisins in milk till they become swollen. Now start by eating 200g on a daily basis and increase the amount you eat gradually.