Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Puja DewanYour feedback matters!
Can any one help with with my question that I am going to have sex today with my partner and at exact 20 her periods will start so having sex just before 5 days of her periods and I am going to have sex with condom is it safe?
cheek a doctor from clinic. I am tubal pregnancy in report what is this and this harmful or not please doctor help.
The Power Of Passion
Passion is the energy that can fuel a project, or a task. It gives you the energy to jump out of bed every morning or go to bed late after you have worked out the last block that was stopping your passion from flowing. It has a similar role to inspiration. When we engage in something we are passionate about, we feel free from external and internal blocks and in control. Time recedes into the background, and we feel empowered to engage in flow.
Research has shown that passion has brought people back to life and start thriving again, making them more emotionally stable and a strong mental equilibrium. Abraham Maslow, a US psychologist said that without passion, nobody would reach their “self actualised” state.
Passion can make or break you. Passion can make you feel invigorated, committed, focussed, connected, courageous, creative, satisfied and productive. A man can be passionate about sports and take out time every week to indulge in his passion, while keeping his boss and family happy.
On the other hand, it can also ruin your life by being obsessed and possessed by the fire of passion. A workaholic, who doesn’t go back home till 2 am and reports to office again at 10 am, he who doesn’t see his children nor relaxes or does any physical activity is ensuring a quick burnout in the guise of following a passion. A harmful passion can be diagnosed easily by gauging whether it controls you or you feel in control of your life, which is about harmonious passion.
WHY YOU MUST NEVER GIVE UP YOUR PASSION
1. Helps you unwind and relax - Zafar liked to do puzzles, crosswords and Sudoku when he started his day. It freshened him up and his mind became sharper as he looked at various permutations and combinations for the words and numbers. Daily new neural pathways were getting stronger in his brain. This exercised his left brain adequately every day. He slept well. Do remember not to do such exercises before sleeping.
2. Expands your life - Some hobbies like travelling, cooking, collecting trivia has its own benefits. This involves physical activity and meeting up with other people. This helps a person to remain connected with society and keep active. Ram liked travelling so much that he gave up his job to become a globe trotter and tied up with a TV channel to commentate on tourist locations. He earns handsomely from his hobby. His self esteem has doubled since then.
3. Keeps your mind productively channelized - Nandini’s problem was that she didn’t have anything to do while the kids were away at school. She had started feeling depressed and got headache often. She knew that she connected well with the children in the neighbourhood and had a flair for painting. She started teaching them painting in the evenings. Soon she became very busy and had no time to get bored. She not only made new friends, she also earned the respect and awe of her community. She feels energised, happy and motivated to work while looking forward to life.
4. Success at work - Often passion has been linked to success at work. It is seen that people who are passionate, committed and hardworking often excel in their work as they have a goal to achieve. They look forward to their day and any hurdles or failures don’t deter them from trying again. Neela was always passionate about becoming an IT professional. She had grown up playing with computers. Despite her family not agreeing with her choice of profession, she went ahead and burnt the midnight oil to score high in school and college. She got picked up in campus placements and today she holds a coveted position in the company. She has motivated many girls from her conservative community to study and get work.
5. Keep away illness - Having a hobby or working passionately has its own share of health benefits. People have reported higher physical and emotional immunity. They had deep and strong bonding with their community. They didn’t suffer from insomnia, depression, dementia and anxiety and hope was alive in them till the end. They knew that success and failure are two sides of the same coin.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
STD or Sexually Transmitted Diseases are incurred by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times while others may be milder but annoying . They affect your sexual life. These should not be ignored and require treatment and medication.
Some of the common STDs are:
The most dangerous are HIV and Syphlis and Hepatitis B.
Everyone who had unprotected sex with unknown partner should get themselves checked after 2 weeks of exposure. Early treatment is crucial. Others like Herpes, chancres, chlamydia and gonorrhea are not so dangerous in people with normal immunity but in elderly, diabetics and immunological weak persons may be affected more seriously. It may cause infertility in females STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Painful urination: A burning sensation or pain while urinating is a symptom for a number of STDs. There may also be a change in the colour of urine. Some STDs associated with painful urination as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. However, this may also be triggered by kidney stones or a urinary tract infection.
- Abnormal discharge: Abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis can be a symptom of a number of infections not all of which are STDs. Strangely coloured and odorous vaginal discharge can be a symptom of yeast infections or a sexually transmitted disease like trichomoniasis or gonorrhea. Bleeding in between periods can also be a symptom of a STD. Abnormal discharge from the penis can be a sign of Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis.
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by a STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of a STD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
How long can a subchorionic haemorrhage bleed occur in early pregnancy? Haemorrhage was detected at 5 weeks 6 days and faint heart beat was noted. Size of haemorrhage was 0.16x0.12 cm.
How can I stimulate my sexual appetite in order to increase our chances of having a baby, I am 37 year old man. I feel really weak after an intercourse and do not feel like doing it more than twice a week.
My daughter has cysts in ovaries. She did harmonal treatment for one month after that she is taking homeopathy treatment now but there is no improvements in her menstrual cycle. Her periods comes after 6 months. Please suggest me what to do. Thank you.
Last month Fingered with precum during ovulation, got period 15 days later. No sexual activity after that Now, for this month, no periods. Breasts feel heavier Possibly pregnant?
Hello doctor .i am 19 yrs. Old and I have done unprotected sex with my boyfriend in 6 months I have done 5 time unprotected sex and taken 5 time I pill. So my query is to you that I can be pregnant in future or not .means is there any problem with I pill taking too much. I can pregnant or not?
If I do intercourse 5 days before my next period, is there will be any chance to be pregnant? Maximum time my menstruation period happen 24-26 days gap every month. This month it was on 10 th. So, tell me when will be the right date to conceive for a baby?
Strategies to prevent overeating at party meals
" once you arrive at the party, take in the food with your eyes first" pausing to survey the spread and thinking about which foods are your favorites and which foods just aren't worth it allows you to splurge selectively" tell yourself that you don't have to try one of everything.
Remember these tips during partying:
1. Load up on fruits and vegetables. They have more fiber and fewer calories so you can fill your plate, eat healthy, and satisfy your appetite.
2. Move away from the buffet. Fill a small plate with no more than two food items at once and then mingle.
3" hang out with the talkers, not the eaters" keep something in your hands, like a low-calorie drink, and avoid the temptation to grab appetizers as they pass by.
4. Don't deprive yourself completely. Allow yourself a few special holiday treats, but choose carefully. Think before you load your plate with holiday food.
5. Bypass most of the buffet and save your calories for the foods you really enjoy.
6. Prolong the moment. The longer you linger before indulging in your holiday food choices, the less likely you'll eat too much. Don't head straight to the front of the buffet line. If you're the first to eat, then you'll be finished before everyone else and more tempted to go back for seconds.
My wife is pregnant after 8 year. Please advice us she is until 6 month vomiting. You have any suggestion.
Not everybody’s created equal. Before you start your nutrition regimen, its always a good idea to figure out your Body Type. This will help you tailor your diet better and set realistic and attainable goals.
There are 3 basic human body types:
Ectomorph: They are distinguished by a lack of much fat or muscle tissue.
Mesomorph : This is marked by a well developed musculature.
Endomorph : This is characterized by a preponderance of body fat.
This is how the 3 body types look like:
Everybody is different since we all have different genetic and cultural traits. If everyone ate the same things and started exercising similarly, we would not look the same. This is because each person’s genetic inheritance influences their bone structure, body size, shape, and weight differently.
Thus, every body type should eat differently as per what appeals to them. This will not only maintain one’s healthy weight but also prevent any kind of eating disorders.
Ectomorphs are individuals characterized by smaller bone structures and thinner limbs. They are characterized by:
Narrow hips and clavicals
Small joints (wrists and ankles)
A thin build
Stringy muscle bellies
Proper nutrition is very important, especially for those who consider themselves as “Ectomorphs”. It typically means that they have a faster metabolism , a tough time gaining body weight and higher overall caloric needs.
An ectomorph must typically start his or her diet plan by following the main principles for big gains in muscle size and strength.
As an Ectomorph, your ideal nutrition consists of about 55% of complex carbohydrates , 30% good quality proteins and 15% healthy fats.
Ectomorphs’ Ideal Body Type Diet
Avoid fatty foods, especially animal fat, cold cuts, mayonnaise, full-fat dairy, rich desserts, packaged foods, chips.
As an Ectomorph, the ideal nutrition consists of about 55% of complex carbohydrates (whole grains, rice, nuts all vegetables), approx. 30% quality proteins (whey, chicken, eggs), and up to 15% healthy fats cold-pressed virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil and good omega 3 sources like fish and sea food.
Mesomorphs have a medium sized bone structure and athletic body, and if they’re active, they usually have a considerable amount of lean mass. They are characterized as follows:
A narrow waist
Long and round muscle bellies
As a mesomorph, you are likely to put on muscle easily and also easy to gain and lose body weight. However, mesomorphs yet need a targeted diet plan that helps them avoid fat gain and improve overall health.
BALANCE is very important for a mesomorph, who falls between an ectomorph and an endomorph. A typical diet for mesomorphs should comprise of 45% complex carbohydrates, 35% good quality proteins and up to 20% healthy fats.
Mesomorphs’ Ideal Body Type Diet
Avoid fatty foods (full-fat dairy, fatty meats, cold cuts, mayonnaise, very rich desserts,) and minimize as much as possible refined carbohydrates (sugars and white flour products), as they cause rapid weight gain triggering a fat-storage metabolism.
As a Mesomorph, you should eat 3 smaller meals favoring foods high in quality protein (whey, chicken, eggs) and complex carbohydrates (leafy greens and non starchy vegetables).
Approx. 45% complex carbohydrates, 35% quality proteins and up to 20% healthy fats; use cold-pressed virgin olive oil and flaxseed oil in salads and get used to cooking with rice bran oil.
Include fish and seafood, as they are good omega 3 sources-omega 3 and weight loss connection is well-known.
In between meals get a healthy snack: fruits (except the sweet ones, like bananas, pineapple, grapes, mango, watermelon), raw almonds, plain yogurt or various smoothies with the right foods for you, as above.
Endomorphs have a larger bone structure with higher amounts of total body mass and fat mass. They tend to be naturally less active and thus have more tendency to store energy as fat. Thus, they have a particularly easy time gaining weight but hard to shed kilos. The main characteristics of a Endomorph is:
They look blocky
Wider and thicker joints
Wider hips than the clavicles
Out of all the three body types, Endomorphs have the greatest tendency towards roundness. Being an endomorph, obesity is very common in males in females.
“Apple shaped obesity” is more commonly seen in males where there is excess fat in and around the belly, while “Pear shaped obesity” is commonly seen in females with excess fat on the hips and buttocks.
Endomorphs’ Ideal Body Type Diet
As an Endomorph, your nutrition for losing weight should be roughly up to 30% complex carbohydrates (starchy vegetables, brown rice, whole grains), about 45% quality protein (chicken breast, whey protein) and about 25% healthy fats: omega 3 sources (fish, seafood) and ricebran oil, which helps to increase your sluggish metabolism. Also, to keep your metabolic rate up, divide your daily meals into smaller portions so that you have something to eat handy every 2-3 hours.
Avoid as much as you can all types of sugar (including all fruits except berries) and simple carbohydrates like white flour products and pasta, white rice, potatoes, because they cause a rapid rise of your blood sugar level, which, in turn triggers the release of insulin, the fat-storage hormone. Never end your meals feeling completely full.
Endomorphs typically do best on a higher fat and protein intake with carbohydrate intake being controlled and properly timed (e.g., after exercise). More fat and protein, less carbohydrate.
A nutrient distribution for this body type might be around 25% carbs, 35% protein, and 40% fat.
KNOW YOUR BODY TYPE – YOUR DAILY NEEDS ARE AS IMPORTANT AS YOU ARE !!
My wife is pregnant right now. This is 3 month. So please suggest me what are the food and fruits to be taken for mother and baby health.
I have three month baby and delivery by c- section. My belly is as big as my pregnancy period and I have headache problem after delivery. Please suggest me what should do for belly fat and headache.
I want sex with my wife. With out having condom and I do not want to use any medicine after having sex to prevent pregnancy. She will get periods in between 14 to 19 days. Which days is safe not get pregnancy to have sex without using condom.
After having contact, if a girl bleeds and her periods are due the very next day, but she doesn't have periods on time. As in this case, she noticed blood on 14th night, and her periods were due on 15th, but till 18th she doesn't have periods. What does this means. She is a thyroid patient as well and usually always overdue with period date. On 15th morning she noticed brief mucus with few stains of blood. She checked with urine strip test (pregnancy), which is negative. Now what to do. Should she consult any doctor or still wait? Please help.
As staying indoors is advised, there are a few tips one can follow at home if one feels out of breath or irritation in the throat. Smog can facilitate the spread of viral infections from small throat irritation, so it must not be taken lightly. Try to take a steam with a few drops of eucalyptus oil every day in the evening to relax your air-passages and help your body remove the harmful substances. Also, try to include neem, tulsi, and haldi in your everyday diet to give your body the extra edge it needs to combat the harmful smog.
Stay covered: Wear a mask at all time when you are outdoors. Ensure your eyes, nose, mouth, and ears are covered. While it is not a foolproof method, it certainly limits the amount of toxins we inhale.
Please take vitamin -C, omega fatty acids, tulsi, ginger, lemon, magnesium rich diet, like cashews for omega 3 take Akhrot these foods will help you to reduce the effect of air pollution.