Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Puja Dewan
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Puja DewanYour feedback matters!
If I have regular periods then there is any chance that am pregnant amd even if I checked it but the result showed negative.
I am 16 weeks pregnant. Sometimes I feel very mild pain for a second either left or right side. And it goes away after that. It's Happening several times in a day. What's that? Is it normal?
Meri shadi ko 3 month 11 din hue abhi tak pregnant ni ho pai periods me kamar aur peeth ne dard rahta hai isse koi problem to ni. Please suggest me.
Hi. I am unmarried and not have been into any physical relationship. I haven't received my periods this month and it's been 40 days till last menstruation. I have been through masturbation. And now I have this weird feeling that I am pregnant. Because I am feeling nausea and diarrhea as well. Kindly guide me through this. Is it possible?
My wife is 37 week pregnant, age 32yrs, and this is our second baby. Our first baby is a girl of 7 yrs, normal birth. Now her BP is 140/80 and in urine test albumin is present which is one. Her doctor is suggesting for a c sec next week as she is suffering from high BP, but we want to wait for the due date and prefer normal vaginal birth. I want to know that is she is in such complicated condition that she has to go for a c sec?
A woman’s body is different as compared to a man’s body, which is why attaining climax for the two genders is also dissimilar. A woman’s body needs to be caressed, fondled and loved to be turned, which will eventually lead to multiple orgasms during intercourse or masturbation.
However, multiple orgasms aren’t an easy feat to achieve and one can opt to use the following tricks to climax more than once:
Build up a frame of mind: If you stick to a singular frame of mind and focus on getting just one orgasm, you are bound to get just one. Instead, think in plurality and concentrate on what makes you feel good and focus on pleasuring yourself. This kind of focus will actually make you feel aroused and more likely to have multiple orgasms.
Don’t forget Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises help you in keeping your pelvic muscles in shape. Usually after having an orgasm, the muscles seem to contract, but practicing these exercises daily will allow a continuous blood flow, thus, making them strong. If the muscles are strong, you can keep going even after an orgasm which is a requisite for attaining multiple orgasms.
Don’t allow the arousal level to fall to zero: It is only natural for you to slow down once you climax, but instead of completely stopping, try and put the focus back on stimulating your clitoris by engaging in oral sex or changing positions. If the embers are kept lit, you will experience another intense orgasm in sometime.
Focus on the stimulation spot: The stimulation spot varies from woman to woman. Some women feel aroused when their clitoris is stimulated whilst some feel hitting the G-spot turns them on. When you know what turns you on, maximise on the foreplay around that area using varied techniques. But after an orgasm, if the stimulation around one spot is maximum, move on to the other one.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hlo doctor. Am 18 years old female. Can I have protected sex using condom during periods is safe or not we are planning to having sex during periods is it safe or not? How can I avoid pregnancy during periods sex please tell me.
The sensation of pain and numbness are quite common in patients suffering from high blood sugar. If you are suffering from nerve damage from high blood sugar, chances are you have diabetic peripheral neuropathy. The discomfort can affect your mood and overall quality of life. But with some easy to follow steps can help you keep peripheral neuropathy under control.
- Keep your blood sugar levels under control: Your first task is to manage your blood sugar levels under control and with the passage of time it will damage the peripheral nerves and pave the way for diabetic neuropathy. If you can keep your blood sugar levels within a healthy range, you will be able to reduce the risk of nerve damage by about 60 percent. You should talk to your doctor first since a rapid drop in the blood sugar levels can prove to be even worse.
- Get the right level of Vitamin D: Your skin functions by producing Vitamin D in response to sunlight and it is immensely helpful in shielding against nerve pain. It has been found people who have lower levels of this nutrient are more likely to suffer from more pain. In case it is hard to get the recommended daily intake from food only, you will have to take supplement pills.
- Keep away from smoking: We all know that smoking causes the blood vessels to constrict which hampers circulation. If you don’t quit smoking, your peripheral nerves may not be able to nutrient-rich blood which would make pain worse.
- Take a warm bath: Warm water is not just relaxing, it can also improve circulation all through the body. It can provide instant relief. But it is worthy of mention here that since diabetic neuropathy leads to loss of sensation, you should ensure that the water isn’t too hot before you jump in.
- Seek resort to over the counter medications: There is a host of painkillers available for easing mild to moderate ache stemming from diabetic neuropathy. These include ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen and acetaminophen. But before taking any of these pills, you should consult with an expert who can choose the right medicine for you.
- Get up and move: Exercise can combat pain in a variety of ways. It helps in keeping blood sugar levels under control which, in turn, can hinder nerve damage. Workout increases blood flow to the extremities while also uplifting your mood. It will help you get rid of stress so that you can better deal with the symptoms of peripheral neuropathy. In a study conducted by the University of Kansas, it was found that people who exercise regularly didn’t face any trouble in doing daily activities.
- Consider carpal tunnel surgery: When the patient is suffering from localized peripheral nerve compression that affects the hands, carpal tunnel surgery can be considered as a last resort to achieve pain relief, reduced incidence of ulceration, increased range of movement and balance, preservation of limbs and improved quality of life.
With these few tips, you will be able to manage the peripheral neuropathy better. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!