Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Ps ShahYour feedback matters!
My father is diabetic patient he is able to control his diet or not consuming less food and now he is having knee joint pain. He is suffering a lot with joint pains and diabetic problems suggest how to get treatment for joint pains.
Hello. I am getting pain in my hands frm neck shoulder to palm on both hands and getting pain in both legs. Feeling head heavy and getting pain in head also and neck also heavy. During night time its more. Plzzz guve me some hint why its hapng.
I have problem of semen leakage and it is seems like clean neat lubricant type water after every time of erection or some time without any type of erection. So what I should do and is it curable!
Dear Sir, For Kidney Weak, Means Creatine level 2.3, can they eat tomato. Because Potassium will increase.
I am 23 yrs old. How I can get rid of night fall this continues from last five years either twice in a week or in month But from last one year it is controlled to some how but continues once in a week or in a month it has increased my back pain and I can not stand for hours or can't do any heavy work or weight Tell me the treatment now pls.
My brother is a low blood pressure patient, what should I do for him, his age is 27 years. Please guide me as early as possible. Give me name of medicines which I should purchase.
Doc. Aaj heamoglobin level check krwaya 12.8 mg hai. Saal pehle 4.5mg, phir 6 months baad 13.5mg aur ab 12.8 mg hai. Kya main anaemic hoon? Agar hoon to help please to recover this.
The veins of my Limbs are bulging out. What may be the causes of it? Is it reversible to normal condition?
I am male, 26 yrs. Just had a blood test below things were mark in red can you advise? I think theres something wrong, I also feel pain in legs, joints, I usually feel tired & while walking I feel pinching pain at my feet & knee cap at times. I also produce too much of sputum and always have a coughing sensation. please help my doc recommended - calcijoint D3, shelcal HD & Nervup OD for 3 months. Can you suggest are they good or please recommend something else. I also feel feverish at times and I sweat a lot. Sample Type -edta test asked aarogyam 1.3 25-OH vitamin D (TOTAL) --- 22.07 * ng/ml % transferring saturation calculated 51.37 * % bilirubin (INDIRECT) calculated 1 * mg/dl hdl cholesterol - direct photometric 28 * mg/dl TC/ HDL cholesterol ratio calculated 5.5 * Ratio LDL / HDL ratio calculated 3.9 * Ratio TOTAL THYROXINE (T4) C. L. I. A 13 * ?g/dl test asked HEMOGRAM - 6 part (diff, HBA LYMPHOCYTE % hematology 43.7 * % monocytes hematology 0.15 * X 10? / ?L basophils heamtology 0.01 * mean corp. hemo. conc (MCHC) hematology 30.3 * g/dL red cell distribution width-SD (RDW-SD) hematology 49*fL.
I'm 20 and I have little bit symptoms of psoriasis. So please tell me what I have to do to avoid it.
Onions are a part of the Allium group of vegetables and herbs, which additionally include chives, garlic, scallions and leeks. Allium vegetables have been known for a long time for their specialty of sharp flavours as well as for their curing and healing properties. Onions are a thick and layered vegetable and while they are low in calories, they are highly advantageous when it comes to a steady supply of vitamins, nutrients, minerals and cancer prevention agents. Here is how consuming onions can be very beneficial for your health:
- Organosulfer compounds: Allium vegetables have broadly been known as cancer prevention agents, particularly stomach and colorectal tumours. They have beneficial and healing impacts are likely due to a limited amount of organosulfur compounds present in them as compared to other vegetables.
- Folate: Folate, found in onions, may help with depression by keeping an overabundance of homocysteine from shaping in the body, which can keep blood and different nutrients from reaching the brain. Abundance of homocysteine hinders the growth of serotonin, which is the happiness hormone.
- Vitamin C: Adequate intake of vitamin C is required for the building and support of collagen, which gives a sheen and volume to the skin and hair, respectively. Onions have abundance of vitamin C.
- Other Vitamins: Onion contains common sugar, vitamins A, B6, C, E and minerals, for example, sodium, potassium, press and dietary fibre. More importantly, onions contain folic acid, which is very important for a woman’s health especially for pregnant women.
- Prebiotics: Prebiotics are not generally recommended in heavy doses, however, they sustain the good bacteria in your body. These valuable bacteria then help with the processing and digestion of your food. They help the immune system to a great extent. One such prebiotic is inulin, a water-dissolvable type of dietary fibre that is found in onions. It helps in preventing ulcers.
- Sulfur: Sulfur helps in bringing down cholesterol and triglycerides. The allium and allyl disulphide in onions have likewise been said to get rid of vein stiffness by discharging nitric oxide. This may reduce the racing heartbeat, get rid of blood clots and decline the danger of heart diseases, vascular diseases and strokes.
- Quercetin: Quercetin in onions is additionally helpful. It offers both cancer prevention agents and mitigating properties that may help the heart.
- Cardio-vascular diseases: Onions are shockingly high in gainful polyphenols. These play a critical part in averting and decreasing the movement of diabetes, cancer and neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases.
- Regular antihistamin: Quercetin helps in cell reinforcement. It has calming properties that may help fight the painful symptoms of chronic diseases like coronary illness and cancer. Quercetin has been successful in preventing histamine discharge (histamines are the chemicals that cause allergic reactions).
Therefore, onions should be consumed regularly in either a raw form or in your daily vegetables. They not only are easy to consume and digest, but also give you life-long health benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
A patient having fever with headache since last five days and TLC are 2500 /cmm what will be the diagnosis?
Hold the bread (or rice or pasta) if you want dessert. Eating sweets at a meal adds extra carbohydrates. Because of this it is best to cut back on the other carb-containing foods at the same meal.
Add some healthy fat to your dessert. It may seem counterintuitive to pass over the low-fat or fat-free desserts in favor of their higher-fat counterparts. But fat slows down the digestive process, meaning blood sugar levels don’t spike as quickly. That doesn’t mean, however, that you should reach for the donuts. Think healthy fats, such as peanut butter, ricotta cheese, yogurt, or some nuts.
Eat sweets with a meal, rather than as a stand-alone snack. When eaten on their own, sweets and desserts cause your blood sugar to spike. But if you eat them along with other healthy foods as part of your meal, your blood sugar won’t rise as rapidly.
When you eat dessert, truly savor each bite. How many times have you mindlessly eaten your way through a bag of cookies or a huge piece of cake. Can you really say that you enjoyed each bite? Make your indulgence count by eating slowly and paying attention to the flavors and textures. You’ll enjoy it more, plus you’re less likely to overeat.
TRICS FOR CUTTING DOWN ON SUGAR:
Reduce how much soft drinks, soda and juice you drink. A recent study found that for each 12 oz. serving of a sugar-sweetened beverage you drink a day, your risk for diabetes increases by about 15 percent. If you miss your carbonation kick, try sparkling water with a twist of lemon or lime or a splash of fruit juice. Reduce the amount of creamers and sweeteners you add to tea and coffee drinks.
Sweeten foods yourself. Buy unsweetened iced tea, plain yogurt, or unflavored oatmeal, for example, and add sweetener (or fruit) yourself. You’re likely to add far less sugar than the manufacturer would have.
Reduce the amount of sugar in recipes by ¼ to ⅓. If a recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, for example, use ⅔ or ¾ cup instead. You can also boost sweetness with cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract.
Find healthy ways to satisfy your sweet tooth. Instead of ice cream, blend up frozen bananas for a creamy, frozen treat. Or enjoy a small chunk of dark chocolate, rather than your usual milk chocolate bar.
Start with half of the dessert you normally eat, and replace the other half with fruit.