Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prof V.R.AmbiyaYour feedback matters!
Can you suggest me which period is best for me to have sex with partner whether it's before MC or after MC to pregnant my partner successfully ? Can you suggest me which time is better to give pregnancy to my partner?
I have started to have a sex my bleeding started and get stop after some time so I had sex continue up till last long. I have a doubt that my first day of periods and I have done a long time sex. So it can cause me cyst in my stomach or I'll b normal please reply must doctor and now I have a whole body pain plus headache and I didn't get my periods dos time at a right time. My period date was 15sept and now I have my periods on 5oct but I got bleeding till sex time now I don't having a bleeding n it's cause a lot pain.
Hi You already my wife is older than I am 37 and she is 44 and we r newly married and now she is pregnant and we have planned for breast enlargement surgery because I am not satisfied with her boobs does it effect to our baby and she is having a habit while sex she smoke ciggerate she started from this week only and she is very much interested in sex thats good but does it effect to our baby.
I have pcod and I did not get periods since 3months. My friend suggested me to take ipill to get menses with in a week. Shall I take ipill or not please help me.
Few days back we did protected and unprotected sex. Very next to next day she took one tablet by name unwanted 72. But there was no such reactions. Can it be affect in her periods?
Hi, Can I follow my light jogging and running routine after I am pregnant? Please suggest what all exercises can I include in my daily regime to keep myself fit?
I had sex with my husband before one month without any protection, BuT I take unwanted 72 with in 24 hour, my period date was 20 BT now period is come before 5 days. So please advice me there is any problem, or am I pregnant? please give me full resolution.
The lungs are made of tubes through, which air passes in and out for exchange of gases, taking in alveoli. It is a disease of alveoli to which finer air conducting tubes are attached. Over a period of time, with age and exposure to various agents, these tubules get obstructed. The amount of air that can pass through these is reduced, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the lungs and thereby the various body organs.
The symptoms of COPD can be easily understood if we realize how COPD is caused. The progressive blockage of the air tubes causes less oxygen to reach the tissues, which is the most essential agent for all tissues and organs to function. Reduced supply produces a generalized limitation in physical activity. There are two main components to COPD - chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The symptoms indicative of COPD are as follows:
- Chronic cough: Also referred to as smoker's cough, the cough is relentless and does not subside with regular cough treatment. This is one of the first indications of COPD.
- Mucus buildup: There is constant buildup of mucus which gets expelled during coughing. The person never feels completely clear of mucus, and the regular cough expectorants do not help relieve the symptoms.
- Fatigue associated with limited activity: As noted earlier, the reduced capacity of the organs limits their activities. Therefore, regular activities like walking short distances or climbing stairs can induce fatigue.
- Shortness of breath: The above fatigue is associated with shortness of breath, even with small physical exertion. A person with COPD will see marked tiredness and reduced ability to perform routine chores and feel a tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing: Passage of air through the obstructed air tubes produces a whistling sound or wheezing. It is more pronounced when there is mucus accumulation in the airways.
While there is no cure for COPD, once it sets, the following are some ways to slow its progression and reduce severity of the symptoms:
- Bronchodilators: Dilate the air tubes and ease flow of air
- Corticosteroids: Help reduce inflammation and thereby improve airflow through the tubes
- Flu vaccination: Helps curb the frequent flu attacks
- Antibiotics: To contain infections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: A combination of breathing exercise and patient education to improve lung function.
- Oxygen therapy: In very severe cases, oxygen may be required.
- Lifestyle changes: Eating healthy foods, preventing exposure to dust and smoke, quitting smoking, breathing exercises, bi-annual medical check-ups to monitor lung functions are essential.