Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyesh Atulkumar Desai
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Priyesh Atulkumar DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old and I am suffering from legs pain I have used many antibiotic creams but didn't get good results it is still paining so now what I do ?
I am 35 years old male I always suffer from constant pain in my legs esp knee joint. Kindly advise me.
I am 30 year old and all day my back spine is always pain and after I drive my car for 2 hour it get more n more.please help
Hi. Am.having pain in my knee joints n more than 10mims I cnt sit by folding my legs. Feeling severe pain in knew joints when am getting up from the floor. N also having leg pain sometimes. Am female 23 years old. Please suggest me helpful. Treatment.Thank you.
I'm suffering with knees pains more then 4 years I want solution for this pain immediately As early as possible give the solution and treatment for this problem thank you.
Sciatica pain can be mild to intense. Many with lumbar herniated disc and sciatica often wonder whether or not they require a surgery. Needless to say, it is never an easy decision. But the good news is that micro discectomy surgery has a higher rate of success when it comes to relieving sciatica pain. When compared to many other options, this one is relatively minimally invasive. It doesn’t alter the structure of the spine permanently since it works by removing a small portion of the disc, which has herniated or extruded out of the disc.
When your sciatica pain stems from lumbar disc herniation, a small open surgery with the help of magnification is the prevalently opted surgical approach. On the other hand, a laminectomy is done when the bone or disc pinching the nerve root is required to be removed.
When should you consider undergoing surgery for sciatica?
Typically, neurosurgeons recommend considering surgery for sciatica in a host of situations which include the following:
- Severe pain in the leg lingering for more than six weeks, which mainly affects one side of the leg or buttock
- Intense pain in the low back and buttock, which continues through the course of the sciatic nerve andextends to the lower leg and even foot. This pain can be described as sharp and searing rather than a dull thud.
- When pain has not alleviated even after non-surgical treatments that may include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),oral steroids, injections, manual manipulations, and physical therapy
- When the patient is not able to take part in the day to day activities due to intense lower back pain and the symptoms tend to become severe during movements like sneeze and cough.
- When the symptoms are continuing to worsen, thereby indicating nerve damage, particularly when the progressive signs have their root in neurological issues
- It is important to note here that surgical intervention may only be needed when the patient experiences progressive weakness in the lower portion of the body or sudden loss of bladder or bowel movement, which may stem from cauda equina syndrome. Two surgeries, namely lumbar laminectomy and microdiscectomy are performed on the basis of the cause as well as the duration of the sciatica pain.
- In some cases, the symptoms are unique on the basis of the underlying causes of sciatica. For instance, trying to bend the body backward or walking a longer distance than normal may trigger unbearable symptoms. On the other hand, when the affected individual tries to bend the body forward, it can lead to symptoms stemming from the lumbar herniated disc.
- In case sciatica occurs after an accident, injury or trauma, or if it happens in tandem with other symptoms, then it requires an immediate medical attention.
Thus, choosing to go for a surgery depends on several factors that only your doctor can assess and decide upon.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We have 207 bones in the body and breaking of any one of them can be extremely painful. Broken bones are called fractures and are most often a result of accidents. The risk of breaking a bone depends largely on your age and fractures are most commonly suffered by children and elderly people. There are many types of fractures. The most important amongst these are:
- Complete or incomplete fractures: This refers to the way a bone breaks. A complete fracture involves the breaking of a bone into two or more separate pieces while in an incomplete fracture, the bone does not break all the way through and may only be cracked.
- Compound fractures: Compound fractures are also known as open fractures. This refers to fractures where the bone tears through the skin.
- Simple fractures: Fractures where the bone does not tear through the skin are known as simple fractures. This can be further categorized as greenstick fractures, transverse fractures, oblique fractures and impacted fractures.
Severe pain is one of the most common symptoms of a fracture. Other symptoms include swelling or bruising over the bone area, loss of function and deformity. Any form of a fracture needs medical attention. In most cases, using a splint to reset and support the broken bones can help heal them. This process can be surgical or non-surgical depending on the extent of the fracture. In some cases a pin or metal plate may need to be implanted along with the bone to give them support while they heal.
Fractures can be easily prevented. In your home look out for things you could trip over or bang into. Keep all stairways clear of obstructions and do not use them when wet. Advise your children not to run in the house as tiles are slippery and they could fall and hurt themselves this way.
Follow general safety precautions like wearing a seatbelt while driving or wearing a helmet while riding a bike or bicycle. This can significantly reduce your chances of breaking a bone if caught in an automobile accident.
The weaker your bones, the easier they are to break. Eat food rich in calcium and vitamin D to build stronger bones. Milk and other dairy products are rich in calcium while the best way to get vitamin D is by exposing yourself to the early morning sunlight.
If you suffer from osteoporosis, exercise regularly to improve your balance and increase the strength of your bones and muscles. Your doctor may also prescribe medication for the same.