Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka ButtYour feedback matters!
I have had diabetes for years now I have it in control and also not on medication. So can I sometimes eat products that contain sugar?
I hav hypothyroidism. M taking eltroxin 100 mcg 1 tab daily. Now my thyroid is controlled. Now can I tak 50 mcg 1 tab daily?
I have make a thyroid test in which T3 and T4 comes 104 & 9.2 respectively but TSH comes 6.27. Is this serious problem. If yes, how I get rid from it.
I am a diabetic patient. On lab test, my fasting and pp came as 103 & 169 units. One doctor prescribed me to take Glisen MF 2, jalra 50 & falcoba. Is it appropriate for me?
Hello doctor, 1. Received medical test report today and sugar fasting was 105 mg but post prandial was 104 mg. Is there any problem? Last Jan-16 report was fasting 97 and post prandial was 115 mg. 2. Triglycerides Fasting was 409 mg and Jan-16 report was 403 mg. But total cholesterol has come down to 154 mg from 227 mg in Jan 16. Kindly advice.
I am 55 years male and having diabetic and also having High BP, but till now I have not consulted to any doctor, so please suggest good medication Sugar fasting: 140 Sugar after lunch 150 Bp: 140 to160.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi I am 35 years old male, I have been diagnosed has diabetic patient 2 years back, I am suffering from chest pain, body pain, I feel very tried, some times there is pain left side of body from head to toe, indigestion, my finger shake automatically. I am very much worried, I consulted Diabetic and Cardiologist, done with all tests like TMT, HB1CA other related tests, all were normal, but still I am having chest pain and tiredness, weakness. Please suggest what should I do , waiting for your reply.
My thyroid antibody is 1300, High T3 free and free t4 and TSH normal What does it mean? I am taking 150 mg.
The popular spice may help prevent and combat diabetes by acting as an insulin substitute for people with type 2 diabetes. Cinnamon itself has insulin-like activity and also can potentiate the activity of insulin. Cinnamon has a bio-active component that we believe has the potential to prevent or overcome diabetes.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones."
I am diabetic person since 2005 and glucose level always counts 200 + and tried lot of medicines at this juncture I have been administering insulin ie. 34 you and 24 units. Help me to be free from medicines whether any natural remedy to get it retreat from such deadly and silent killer.
She is suffering from diabetic insipidus and continue with medicine for last 5 years on desmopressin 0.1 mg bd .pl suggest what to do to discontinue with the medicine.
I am 33 years old. Due to male pattern baldness I lost some hairs on forehead. Also the dencity of the hair reduced largely. I am having hyper thyroid but now its under control. How I can increase my hair growth and volume?
Hypothyroidism is an endocrine diosorder characterized by low levels of thyroid hormone in blood. It results in fall in metabolism & thus increased tendency to gain weight.
- Goitrogens (raw cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli) should be avoided.
- Regular exercise is a must.