Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyam Malhotra
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priyam MalhotraYour feedback matters!
How does krimson35 help in irregular periods? Is it a temporary solution only or it will have permanent impact in regularizing periods?
My periods date is December 2 and periods not came and am late for 4 days. Am I pregnant? I am so tired n having back pain now.
Hi Sir, I am 22 year old female. I have taken unwanted 72, 20 days ago and today I feel severe pain in hip and thigh region. Is it normal? Or should I visit to doctor?
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful journeys in a woman’s life. However, one must remember that there are several dos and don’ts linked to it. You can’t lead an undisciplined life and expect a healthy outcome. Your pregnancy has to be systematically dealt with. You have to give up on a lot of habits that could pose a risk to the health of your growing foetus. Here are some tips to have a healthy pregnancy:
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, it’s time to quit smoking. You must remember that babies born to mothers who smoke have a higher chance of being born as stillborn or prematurely. Babies have also been found to have low birth weight. This is really bad. Your baby will have to fight a lot to survive. You might be asked to undergo an emergency and untimely delivery. On the other hands, if you quit smoking, you will have lesser or no complications at all. Your foetus will be healthy and grow into a lovely and healthy infant.
- Eat well, eat right, and eat on time: Your diet plays an essential role in your entire pregnancy. You must include all essential nutrients in your diet. Don’t skip your meals and try to have a balanced diet. Avoid spicy and oily food as you experience indigestion issues due to pregnancy hormones. You will need to take some 300 calories extra per day for your foetus. Add vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Take multivitamins: Pregnancy leads to a deficiency of nutrients in your body. You must take a lot of multi vitamins to avoid the deficiency. Ideally, one must start taking the additional vitamin supplements before the pregnancy starts. Thereafter, she must continue with the recommended doses. For example, Omega 3 reduces the chances of giving birth to premature babies.
- Take sufficient rest: You must take rest in adequate amounts and take up moderate exercises in a day for not more than 30 minutes.
- Don’t be exposed to toxics: You should try and minimise the chances of getting exposed to toxic substances.
- Destress yourself: Try and destress yourself by listening to good music, reading a book or taking a careful massage. But you must avoid moving outdoors.
- Drink water: You must drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated all the time. Your fluid balance must be maintained throughout the pregnancy.
I think I am pregnant in this month. but now we don't want any baby So how can I break my some days pregnancy without any medicine please reply.
Most people have suffered from acne at some point of their life or the other. However, acne is one of the most misunderstood skin conditions. Let's take a look the common myths and facts about acne.
Acne is caused by poor hygiene habits - Myth
Acne is not caused by dirty skin. Contrary to popular belief, washing your face too many times can make the condition of your skin deteriorate. This can also worsen your acne breakout. Aggressively soaping your skin and excessive use of astringent can also traumatize the skin and make it look worse after treatment. You should ideally wash your face twice a day; once in the morning and once before going to bed. However, if you feel a buildup of oil on your face, you can wash it with lukewarm water and a mild soap.
Acne affects people of all ages - Fact
Acne is most common amongst teenagers but can affect people of all races and ages. Hormonal changes and stress are two of the most common triggers for acne. Acne that begins after the age of 25 years is known as 'late-onset acne'. Hormonal changes associated with a woman's menstrual cycles often trigger acne eruptions.
There is no treatment for acne - Myth
Acne does not go away on its own. At the same time, toothpaste and 'picking pimples' are not the best forms of treatment for this condition. Acne can be easily treated with over the counter and prescription drugs. In some cases, you may also need antibiotics or hormonal medication. If left untreated, acne can result in permanent scarring that mars your beauty.
Moisturizing skin can help prevent acne - Fact
It may seem contradictory at first glance but keeping your skin moisturized can help prevent acne. Dehydrated skin produces more oil than hydrated skin. Thus keeping your skin hydrated is essential. Choose a light moisturizer instead of heavy crams.
Makeup causes or accelerate acne formation - Myth
Makeup has often been misunderstood as trigger for acne. However, makeup itself does not cause acne. The fault lies in not removing makeup properly at the end of the day. If you have oily skin that is prone to acne, choose powder based foundations instead of liquid foundations that can clog your pores. If you use a lot of makeup through the day, give your skin time to breathe at night. Ensure that every trace of makeup is removed before you go to bed.