Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priyam MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I had sex without condom but it was just 2 inches in and he took it off so I do not think any sperm entered in vagina. After that day I had 4 bottles of breast (alcohol) day after that I felt chest burning and headache and it was from 3-4 days. Is drinking alcohol causes heartburn and headache or is this a symptom of pregnancy. My muscles are also paining and stomach feels heavy. Please help.
Exercising during pregnancy is beneficial not only for the expectant mother but also for the growing fetus. The effects of exercise at this time can be seen immediately and last a lifetime. Unless a woman suffers from a medical condition, she should have at least 20-30 minutes of moderate exercise a day when pregnant. Here are a few ways you can benefit from exercising when pregnant.
- Energy Boosts- Carrying a growing fetus can take away a lot of your energy leaving you feeling tired and listless. Exercising strengthens your cardiovascular system and circulatory system this giving you more energy to get through the day. It also strengthens and tones your muscles so that the effort needed for any activity is reduced.
- Improves your Sleep- Though exercise gives you a boost of energy, it also tires the muscles, thus making it easier to fall asleep at the end of the day. This is important, especially in the later stages of pregnancy where finding a comfortable position to sleep in becomes difficult.
- Lower the Risk of Pregnancy-related Complications- Regular exercise when pregnant can help reduce the risk of suffering from complications like gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Even if you are suffering from these complications, regular exercise can help manage the condition and treat it.
- Reduce Discomfort- During pregnancy, your muscles shift and skin stretches to accommodate the growing fetus. Regular exercise can help strengthen the muscles and reduce the aches and pains associated with pregnancy. While walking can improve circulation, swimming strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Make Childbirth Easier- Childbirth is considered by many to be the most painful part of pregnancy. If you choose to have a natural delivery, it requires stamina, focus and determination. Exercise tones the muscles and build stamina thus making it easier to push the baby out. Exercise is also said to reduce the time taken for child birth.
- Fight Stress- Pregnancy plays with your hormones a lot can lead to mood swings and depression. Exercise boosts serotonin or happy hormone levels. This helps raise your spirits and fight stress.
- Get back into shape after childbirth- Pregnancy is characterized by weight gain that can be difficult to lose after child birth. However, if you exercise regularly when pregnant, this weight gain is restricted and the excess kilos are easier to lose. This is because your muscles have been toned throughout pregnancy and the weight gain is more muscle oriented than fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Here are some tips that will help you to overcome lifestyle diseases
Hai sir. I (female) am fingering from 4 years to get satisfaction. Is it effect in my future. Any problem please give me suggestion.
I am 48 yrs fat lady, no period last 1 year with sevista. 1 yr back d & c done HPR -Hyperplasia simple. USG showed bulky uterus. Now a days back USG shows Endimetrial thickness 21 mm wirh subserosa fibroid of size 66x 50 mm. On treatment for hypothyroidism which is not controlled. Suggest line of treatment.
My wife has missed her period. Today is day 3 since the missed period. We took a home pregnancy test which results with two lines one darker and the other is faint. She has symptoms like breast tenderness, frequent urination, dizziness, and severe cramps in her back and her legs. These were started since four days. How should we proceed? Help.
I had a 'c section delivery, now I wanted to have normal delivery is it possible there is a difference of 5 years from the first delivery & it was a horizontal cut in my first delivery. Can I have normal delivery for the second time.
Hi. M 36 weeks pregnant. Had scan in 35th week in which baby was in breech position. What can be done to flip baby to cephalic position? Scared of c- section.
I have issue with my periods. Since Dec 2016 I did not get my periods. Please provide me guidance ,is it a serious issue ,what further steps I need to take.
I am 19,BT I don't have any improvement in my breast growth,can u suggest me the medicine,which is available in medical stores
Me and my wife don't want to have baby for at least 1 year. So what type of precautions should we take that doesn't harm anyone and shouldn't be any side effect.
During my 32 week pregnancy USS, a single loop cord was detected around foetus neck. What are the complications that could arise? Is there any danger? Is C section preferred in such cases?
My left side breast size is more than right side. But I don't have any pain. If my husband press it I have severe pain on both the sides. Is it a major problem or common problem. I don't have any pain right now.
I would like to ask about pregnancy. I was pregnant and took medical abortion. I took medicine on 9th jan 2016 by consulting with a doctor After taking medicine I had heavy bleeding and till today bleeding is continuing. The flow of bleeding is less but its too long I had ultra sound after getting abort but I am not confirmed about the report of ultra sound. Will you please guide me about this.
HELLO. As I say before I didn't get pregnant from last 2 year my age 23 n my weight 60. I consult gynecologist she suggest me to have some tests I did my report came I ask her what's the problem she said I have prolactin hormones problem but I didn't understood. Can you explain me in details what's the actual problem is. Its a minor problem or major. Now what I have to do please suggest me. I request you please explain me in details what is prolactin hormones what will happen from this. I unable to attach my reports because there no options showing here. Thank you.
Im 14 years old I dont have periods nowand im a tubercosics patient what to do? Suggest me something.
My first son is 1 years 4 month now I m pregnant 2 month. In my breast milk is producing. So kindly advise drs naturally how to stop mothers milk?
Exercise after pregnancy can make a woman feel at her best. It can help her to lose extra pounds specifically when it is combined with reduced intake of calories. It will also boost her level of energy and relieve stress along with strengthening and toning abdominal muscles. Exercising regularly will also set a positive example for your baby so that he or she can imbibe the same and include it in their regime from an early childhood.
Workout and Breast-feeding: Are they related?
Exercise is not deemed to have any negative effects on either breast milk composition or volume. It also doesn’t affect the growth and development of a nursing baby. Though some researchers report that high-intensity weight loss training may cause accumulation of lactic acid in the breast milk causing a sour taste, but such instances are very rare and don’t happen with regular free hand to moderate exercise.
If you are willing to indulge in vigorous exercise during the first few months of feeding your baby, you can feed him or her before exercising or pumping the milk before workout and feed it afterwards. Alternatively, you can take a shower after the workout and express a few drops of milk before feeding your baby.
When is the right time to start a workout?
If you had experienced an uncomplicated normal delivery, it is particularly safe to start exercising after a few days of giving birth or as soon as your body feels ready. If you had a complicated birth, or a C-section or an extensive vaginal repair, you should seek advice from a gynaecologist about the ideal time to start a workout program.
Activities that you may start with:
Every pregnancy and delivery are different, so check with your doctor before engaging in any workout program after giving birth. If you experience any heavy bleeding, excessive soreness, headaches, or other unusual symptoms during or right after exercising, stop immediately and call your doctor for advice. Here are some moves that will help you get your body ready for regular exercise.
- Walking: It may not sound like much of a workout, but walking is one of the simplest ways to ease into a fitness routine after giving birth.
- Deep Belly Breathing With Abdominal Contraction: This exercise is so easy you can do it an hour after giving birth. It helps relax muscles, and it starts the process of strengthening and toning your abs and belly.
- Head Lifts, Shoulder Lifts, and Curl-Ups: These three movements help strengthen back muscles. They also tone the tummy and abs and burn calories.
- Kegels: This classic exercise will help you tone bladder muscles and help reduce risks of incontinence associated with childbirth. The more kegels you do, and the longer you hold them, the better control you will have over those leaks caused by sneezing, laughing, or picking up your baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.