Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Bad breathing was my issue, even I use mouth freshness and brush twice it doesn't stops. Please help me.
Hello Dr. When I brush my teeth I see blood and gums of my teeth are turning loose I can't eat spicy food I think it's gingivitis I google my problem please advice me the solution of this prob.
Hi, I am 25 years old girl, I hv always some problem with my teeths recently dentist told me th at I still have milk teethes, tell me what can I do, please tell me best calcium tablets and is their any hope for new teeth in place of milk teeth, if yes then whats the processor, Please tell me the best option.
Hello, I have been suffering with bad breath since 8 years. I realized that the smell is coming from the throat. I get too much phlegm which stinks. I brush my teeth few times a day and I can still feel that the smell coming from the throat. If I clear my throat by gargling salt water, I feel little bit fresh but the problem comes back. Is there any permanent remedy? Please help. Thanks.
Hello doctor I'm 23 years old female I'm having left side molar with tooth caries and right side teethcracked. My dentist told have to remove the left side molar and then have to put cap on right side. How much cost have to spend for both? Pls reply me.
I am 28 year old man and I have face tooth cavity problem from years. But nowadays it was bleeding from the gum. Please tell me what should I do.
Teeth are badly affected by black spots. Called weevil of the teeth. Result is very painful. What should I do?
Hello Doctor, Its been long since I have visited to the dentist, earlier I used to go for cleaning my tooth, but since when I got allergic, I stopped going. Recently, my tooth started paining and I am taking a pain killer, should I take a pain killer or visit a doctor?
My. Four front teeth are not in shape, are more forward in position, so aligning them is the option what will be the cost.
I'm going through chronic bad breath situation. Please help me with your informative reply to get rid of this. Thank you.
Hey! I'm 20 years old male. I'm a student. My gums have started bleeding so much that as I go to brush my teeth whole of the Colgate I spit is red in colour. Apart from this it keeps bleeding which leaves an ugly odour in the mouth. I smoke, I drink sometimes and also I'm sexually active. Is it because of any of these that my gums are bleeding? Guide me please.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.