Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Vora Thakkur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya Vora ThakkurYour feedback matters!
I had sex before my periods but that periods lasted only for three days two days it was heavy I am thinking that I may get perg and all it's almost 10 days late I am not at all getting my periods on top of it I had unwanted 72 ofter I had sex with 5 hours I am dam worried I test lot of time preg test it was negative please I feel some movement in my tummy so I feel to have food and feel dizziness and sleepy too much.
What medicine or tablet is good in mensuration period? And how much time to take? in mensuration pain.
I have missed my periods this month n after checking I have come to knw I am pregnant result was very light on the kit what should b done n some care n precautions. Last year I hve conceived but in 1n half month I have miscarriage this time I dnt want such thing to happen with me please help I wnna continue my pregnancy.
What is a hysterectomy and why do you need it?
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the uterus, which is a muscular organ that carries and nourishes the baby during pregnancy. This surgery may be done to remove all or parts of the uterus; if there are any associated problems in fallopian tubes/ ovaries, they may also be removed simultaneously, during hysterectomy.
Types of hysterectomy procedures
Hysterectomy may be done through surgical cuts in the belly, known as abdominal hysterectomy or through vaginal hysterectomy where the uterus is removed through the vagina. Majority of the hysterectomies are now done with laproscope, due to the advantage of faster recovery. Which procedure is chosen will depend on why the hysterectomy is being performed along with the medical history of the patient.
Depending on the reason of the surgery, removal of the whole uterus or just parts of it may be required. The types of surgery are:
- Partial hysterectomy is the removal of just the uterus while keeping the cervix in place
- Total hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and cervix
- Radical hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, lymph nodes, cervix and the upper part of the vagina, and is generally only advised in cases of cancer
- Oophorectomy is the removal of ovaries and it may be done with a hysterectomy
Why is it needed?
There may be many reasons to have a hysterectomy and some of them include:
These may be very uncomfortable and painful, sometimes caused by other diseases. A hysterectomy may be opted for when all other treatments have failed to treat this condition.
They are non-malignant tumors in the uterus that cause constant bleeding, anemia and pelvic pain along with bladder pressure. They may also cause very heavy periods.
It is a condition where the tissue lining the uterus also grows on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, or pelvic or abdominal organs. It causes severe abdominal pain, heavy periods and sometimes even infertility.
When the tissues and ligaments supporting the uterus become weak, the uterus may slip down from its normal position and descend into the vagina. It can result in urinary incontinence (leakage of urine), pressure in the pelvis and problems in bowel movements.
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tube, cervix or the lining of the uterus (endometrium)
A hysterectomy may be recommended for these types of cancers.
If we cum outside the vagina is there any chance of pregnancy. What are the precautions we need to take when having sex with out condom not to get pregnancy.
Hi I am experiencing overflow and I have been sexually active for last a couple of months is it normal or do I need treatment? and my cycle is about 30-32 days and its very painful as well! what can be cause?
Diet and lack of exercise are the two most important factors that contribute to obesity. While the modern day diet is becoming more and more full of fats, sweets and empty calories, it is becoming devoid of nutritious vitamins and minerals. The fibre content is also decreasing. One tends to stack up on junk food in an effort to take a quick bite while on the go. At the same time, physical activity is on the decline. One has increased access to vehicles and the need to walk or cycle is almost not present. Even for commuting short distances, one uses cars or two wheelers. All these things are readily contributing to this epidemic of obesity.
When it comes to getting rid of the excess fat, one needs to work conscientiously and consistently on both the counts mentioned above. One’s diet has to be altered so as to include more and more natural fruits and vegetables. Processed food and junk food should be cut down to the minimum. A daily exercise regimen needs to be adopted. Exercising for 30-40 minutes for a minimum of 5 days a week is necessary.
Homeopathy helps by regulating the metabolic system of the individual. There are more than 100 medicines listed in the homeopathic literature for obesity. It is a tough job selecting the right medicine for a particular patient. One needs to take into account a lot of things before selecting the right course of treatment. These things relate to other symptoms or conditions that may be present or the person may be suffering from. A lot of importance is given to the reason, if any can be found that stimulated weight gain. This reason could be a particular illness or an event or some psychological setback in life. The general reaction of the person to extremes of temperature, his or heating habits also need to be taken into account.
Please help doctors. I am 21 weeks pregnant (in fifth month whenever I masturbate using my fingers. I feel real bad pain in my stomach that too if I did it while sitting. In sleeping position if I do so. I just get good sleep and it does feel harmful to me or my abdomen region. I am quite confused and scared so need your opinion about safety for me & my baby. My husband is scared to harm my baby. and that's why he left me to my native place. While he is doing job in another state, he ask for phone sex although. Which make me lead to masturbation. Kindly please suggest if masturbation during pregnancy good or bad. Waiting for your valuable response.
My fertile dates for month of march is 12 to 15 march.At what time i should do intercourse to conceive a girl child
Are you overwight?
Do you have excess facial hair?
Are your menstrual cycles irregular?
Do you have pimples on your face?
Do you suffer from hairloss?
Do you have infertility problem?
Are you suffering from depression?
- If you have any or all of these symptoms you may be suffering from pcos or polycystic ovarian syndrome. Recent studies have revealed increasing incidence of pcos in almost 50% of females of reproductive age group. It is one of the leading and easily treatable causes of infertility. It also leads to diabetes and even depression.
- It occurs when the hormones in your body go haywire. Insulin resistance occurs leading to increase in blood sugar level. There is increase production of male hormones (androgen) in the female body. This leads to development of male characters like excess hair in beard and moustache areas and male pattern of baldness. There is also a outbreak of pimples
- For treatment of pcos the underlying cause has to be treated.
- You should first get fasting sugar and insulin level checked to find out the amount of insulin resistance and glucose intolerance. Ultrasound abdomen has to be done to rule out cysts in the ovaries. Thyroid function test and androgen levels are to be measured.
- If you are overweight reduce atleast 4 to 5 kg through rigorous diet and exercise. Eat healthy. Weight reduction can help in bringing your hormones to balanceavoid junk food. To correct sugar levels oral hypoglycemics like metformin are started. Oral contraceptives can be given to normalise menstrual cycle. Other newer drugs include alpha lipoic acid and myoinositol, the dose of which is adjusted according to your hormone levels and disease severity.
- This is often combined with treatment for pimples in the form of oral tablets, topical gels and chemical peels. Hair loss treatment can also be simultaneously started.
- Amazing results can be obtained if proper treatment is taken at the proper time.
- The need of the hour is understanding the underlying problem you have and getting prompt treatment for a healthier and happier you.