Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Srinivas
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Priya SrinivasYour feedback matters!
After waking up there is lot of puffiness under my eye, family doc said it might be kidney infection I checked all the report every thing is normal at time this puffiness is all day.
Its so embarrassing to say that I m very addicted to sex. If I see any girl. The dirty thoughts came into my mind like pressing boobs, fucking, licking. Its so embarrassing. How to get rid of these.
I am diagnosed as case of atypical depression. From past few years I was not in mood of starting antidepressant medications. So after being seeing positive reviews of people on the internet and support from Lybrate doctors. Finally I got convinced to start medications. So started on tab. bupropion. Even I have seen some reviews on the internet where people are on antidepressants from several years. If antidepressants really works then why people are on antidepressants for years. Is it dependence or wht? I really don't want to knock with someone which will really make me addicted for lifetime.
I am having Age Related Macular Degeneration in my both eyes. It was detected in the year 2005. Now I developed Cataract also. My age is 72 Years . Need your suggestion
The term red eye, medically referring to subconjunctival hemorrhage, means different things to different people. For people who travel a lot, it is likely to mean a flight on which sleep is impossible and thus, resulting in them having red eyes. But what can the other causes of red eyes be?
Believe it or not, there can be up to 35 possible reasons for it! Also, it is not really true that all these reasons are related to each other. The causes may range from allergies to cluster headaches to an eyelid which has turned inward or even glaucoma, which has led to a poor flow of blood to the eyes.
Common causes of a red eye
The conditions which lead to red eyes can affect a person at various stages of life. So, this provides everyone with a need to know and be aware of what can cause trouble when it comes to one’s eyes. The severity of the causes can vary quite widely. For instance, a minor worry such as a dry eye syndrome (which does not cause a permanent loss of vision in almost all cases) or common eye infections such as conjunctivitis have also immense potential to result in red eyes. In fact, this is known to be a medical emergency and a patient should be rushed to a doctor!
- Sometimes a regular cold and flu leads to sinus infection, which eventually causes red eyes.
- When it comes to the allergic causes of red eyes, some people do react negatively to certain drugs such as penicillin and codeine, which in turn might result in red eyes. In a case like this, it is important to call the doctor and ask not only what is to be done, but also what alternatives to be used.
- We would not be able to see if it were not for the cornea, which allows light to enter our eyes. Sometimes, there are ulcers which form on it. This mostly happens due to an infection, possibly as a result of wearing one’s contact lenses for too long at a stretch or due to an injury.
- Viral infections are also a possibility. Treatment requires the timely use of eye drops and some medicines. One of the more common causes today is often referred to as the computer vision syndrome, where a person stares at a computer screen for long and uninterrupted hours.
- Something which has gained notoriety recently is Ebola, which is another cause. While it is rare, it is fatal, in most cases. So, quite expectedly, it is an emergency and red eyes are a symptom, which should help early detection.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!