Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priya SinghYour feedback matters!
I suffer from a bad face stain. I tried a Home remedy of turmeric and honey and applied it every night and my face looks yellow golden. I'm face stained. It looks funny. How do I reduce the stain?
I can't retract my foreskin completely back can retract half. And think the size is small.Please tell.
Hi Dr. I am 39 years old female and mother of 2 children (14 yrs and 8 yrs). My problem is that backside of my neck and upper back is very dark since childhood. Even my arms are having dark spots like blemishes (half portion vertically). I have shown to dermatologist also, he said this is hereditary. Spots will not be vanished but become light comparatively. But there is no improvement. Now my 8 years old daughter is also having dark neck and armpits. Please suggest the remedy and best treatment. Thanks. (I am not suffering with any other illness and not allergic to any type of food or medicine.
I have psychological problem from the childhood. My problem is I can not face from photography. When anyone take my picture I at that time I feel tickle & sweat. Everytime I pass same situation .I can not do eye contact to camera.in any occasion when someone take my picture ao alwaysly there will be lights ane camera bt sir really I do not face it. No one can believe my this situation .plz sir help me why it happens with me. When I tell this anyone .everyone laugh at me. Sir plzz help me .give me reply sir on my this stage decease. Sir/madam plzzz.
Flossing increases gap between teeth and I am feeling the same with my teeth. Shall I avoid using it? If yes, how will I get benefit of that by other means? Thank you.
Sir, there are many chickenpox scars on my face. I had chickenpox before 9 years. But still the scar didn't disappeared. I use many creams. But still no use. Please give me a solution.
Hi, my husband met an accident last year and he got deep cut in his artery of left hand wrist at the base of thumb. It was operated and there are 7-8 stitches. Now sometimes he has pain in his whole hand starts from shoulder to wrist. Is it becoz he is fitness freak nd does weight lifting in gym? Please advise.
I have warts on my face and neck and also got them removed surgically. But they come up again. I am very cautious of my eating habits. I take healthy dieting also drink 1 tbsp amla and aloe vera juice every day and apply aloe vera on face, still the problem persists.
I am 29 years of age married female n work in a Bank . I am having a severe back pain particularly on d right upper back of my body since a few days I know back pain usually goes by taking rest or using some spray like volini but this time it is persistent n not tolerable kindly help!
Age-related macular degeneration, also known in brief as AMD or ARMD is one of the most common age-related causes for vision loss. It causes “blind spots” in vision, causing difficulty in activities requiring central vision like reading, sewing, driving, watching TV, computer usage, etc.
How it happens?
The centre portion of the eye is known as retina which has a screen in the posterior portion. For proper vision, light falls on this screen and is then processed to enable ‘vision.’ When this screen is not clear, blurred vision results. It may not cause total blindness but impairs vision including double vision and loss of central vision.
Types: There are two types of AMD, wet and dry.
- Dry: There are yellow deposits known as drusen which form in the macula, and as they grow in size, they impair vision, specifically the central vision. This is the common variant and can lead to the wet form.
- Wet: There are abnormal blood vessels which are formed in the retina. There is leaking of blood and fluid which makes it ‘wet.’ There could be scarring of these leaked substances, which again leads to loss of central vision. Further studies have shown that retina produces a protein knows as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) which promotes the generation of new blood vessels, normally required for the production of new blood vessels. However, increased VEGF causes excessive proliferation of blood vessels, leading to macular degeneration.
Risk factors: Though age related, there are definitely some factors which put one at a higher risk for AMD
- Genetics: AMD is hereditary and runs in families
- Gender: Females are more prone to develop AMD than males
- Ageing: People above 60 are at greater risk
- Smoking: Direct and passive smoking contribute to AMD.
- Obesity: Accelerates the pace of AMD and severity of complications.
- Hypertension: Increases the chances of developing AMD
- Ethnicity: Caucasians are more prone to develop AMD as their lighter skin and eye color is more prone to sun damage
- Sun exposure: Increased sun exposure accelerates the onset of AMD
- No symptoms in the initial stages
- Gradually, there is impaired central vision, affecting activities like reading, driving, and computer usage
- Color perception is impaired
- A routine eye exam will reveal the yellow deposits which actually cause the condition.
- An angiography may be done after injecting a dye to detect blood vessel growth.
There is no cure, but progress can be delayed
- Anti-angiotensin agents reduce pressure in the eyes and stop development of newer blood vessels
- Vitamins help slow down loss of vision
- Vision aids to correct vision