Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priya AnandYour feedback matters!
I am 25y /f having hypothyroidism since 1 yr taking tab thyronorm 75mcg, plan for conceive, last TSH 0.27 (SEP 2015, Should I continue the same dose? Also with symptoms of numbness lower limbs, pain, sometimes swelling on ankle, chest pain for 2-3 min only. Is it normal phenomenon? First TSH >75.
I am suffering from headache and constipation what should we do for this now and easy way help me out?
I am unable to cry. But I am feeling guilty of not perfroming well in engineering entrance exam. Is this a sign of depression? my parents don' t believe any cure by visiting a doctor. Please help.
I was having tobacco habit due to that my teeth became red now I quit the habit but now also they are red n gums are week can I have sone suggestion to clean my teeth n make strong the gums.
Neck pain and stiffness due to cervical spondylitis. Dizziness accompanied by numbness and shaky hands.
I have a lot of black spots on my face. How to remove them or will they remain forever on my face. Which face wash or soap should I use. I get 3-4 pimples everyday! It Demotivates me.
I have over fat around my stomach all the remaining of my body is nice how to reduce the fat around my stomach? Please tell me.
How to increase my hair. Previously I had a long hair somewhat curly. I lost my hair due to malaria and chickenpox. But now my hair became very thin, unhealthy, and also more curly. Feeling stressful and headache. Please help me to increase my hair healthy and good looking. And also solution to my headache stress. Thank you.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
Hi Doctor I feel my mental stage is not healthy. I forgot things very quickly. I even can't recall what I have done on the weekdays of current week. Even don't remember what I had eaten in my breakfast. I am unable to remember and focus on upcoming pre-scheduled major activities as well. What this kind of problem is called in medical terminology? Is there a medical treatment available for such kind of problems? What specificity should I consult with. Psychologist or Psychiatrist or somebody else?
Are your regular exercises and the strict diet proving futile on your quest for a tighter and a flatter tummy? You can consider getting an 'abdominoplasty' or 'tummy tuck' done. This cosmetic surgery helps in flattening your abdomen by taking off the extra skin and fat and tightening up the muscles in the walls of your abdomen.
1. The first step involves choosing a surgeon for consultation.
2. There are two types of ‘tummy tuck’ surgery, both carried out under general anesthesia. ‘Complete abdominoplasty’ whereby, your surgeon would dissect your abdomen from one hipbone to the other and then give an outline to your muscle, tissue and skin. ‘Mini or partial abdominoplasty’ are recommended for people whose fat deposits are underneath their naval region.
‘Complete Abdominoplasty’ involves making a big incision around the lower part of the tummy from one hip to another, making a second cut in order to free the belly of the tissue that surrounds that region, separating the skin from the walls around the abdomen, re-aligning the muscles in the abdomen, removing the supplementary skin and fat and then pulling forth the skin remains and stitching them too.
Partial Abdominoplasty requires making a large cut on the lower belly, separating the skin from your abdominal wall, cutting out the excess fat, removing the additional skin and holding the remaining part of the skin together and finally stitching it in place.
Time taken for the surgery
The surgery may stretch from one to about five hours. Or you can consult a surgeon online.
- You will have to cut down on the consumption of alcohol and especially smoking; smoking leads to more complication and slows down the healing process.
- It is recommended to have a well-balanced meal before the surgery.
- You may suffer from swelling and pain in the days after the surgery, for which your doctor would prescribe pain-killers.
- Regardless of the type of surgery conducted, the portion that was operated on would be stitched and bandaged. Therefore, it is very important to abide by the surgeon’s instructions about how you should take care of the dressing in the days to follow.