Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Adgar Gole
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya Adgar GoleYour feedback matters!
What is ectopic pregnancy?
Ectopic pregnancy is also known as tubal pregnancy, is a complication wherein, the fertilised eggs attach themselves outside the uterus. In most cases, it causes severe internal bleeding and serious infections. It is a very serious condition that warrants prompt medical attention as soon as it is diagnosed. Mostly, in this type of pregnancy, the fertilised egg attaches itself to the fallopian tube inside the body; the reason why it is known as tubal pregnancy. In rare cases, the egg might attach itself to the cervix, ovary or parts of the abdomen.
Symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Salpingitis (inflammation and infection of one’s fallopian tubes)
- Rupture of the corpus luteum cyst (a kind of ovarian cyst)
- Urinary tract infection
- Severe abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the membrane that lines the abdomen cavity)
- Rupture in the fallopian tubes which can lead to fainting and excessive pain
- Pain on one side of the body
Treatment for ectopic pregnancy
This complication in pregnancy can be diagnosed by an ultrasound as the doctor sees the growth on the fallopian tube. A pregnancy test or a pelvic exam also helps in detecting ectopic pregnancy. If not treated on time, ectopic pregnancy can prove to be fatal.
Listed below are a few treatment options for ectopic pregnancy:
- A particular medication known as methotrexate is used to end an ectopic pregnancy.
- In some cases, one might need surgery to get rid of the pregnancy. In certain complicated cases, it might be necessary to remove the tube with the foetus. This kind of surgery which removes the foetus and the tube is calling salpingectomy. The surgeon usually makes a small incision near the navel and removes the tube using a laparoscope.
- Having an abortion due to this complication can be heartbreaking and emotionally distressing for the mother as it is just like an abortion where the entire tissue is removed from your fallopian tube. To get over the trauma of losing a baby, you could join pregnancy loss groups or avail help from a therapist.
Mam I am 30 planning for baby so what is the perfect time to conceive my date is 8/7/2017 it means today is my second day. So suggest me for further.
Infertility is a condition, which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right time. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life, such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right time.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
3. Hysteroscopic surgery: This is a last resort, which is taken only when there are significant problems such as intrauterine scar tissue, uterine septum or endometrial polyps.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.
I am 31 years, I am a women. my abortion twice was a year and 6 months ago but I am not conceived at the moment. Now what I am doing. I had not problem. how to conceive.?
I had gone on a trip with my boyfriend. We had sex. We always use protection and are clean od any STDs. After coming back I found that I may have infection in my vaginal area. It sort of burns when I go to pee and stops midway. Hence I have to go frequently. It also gibes a sharp pain specially when working out or something. It is happening from few weeks. There is no swelling. Though there is white discharge which gives a bad smell. My periods are normal and always on time. I do not have any other medical history. This has happened 2nd time in 12 months. Last time I did not consult any docwnor any medications. It had disappeared by itself in a weeks time. Kindly help me. I do not consult a doctor due to family reasons.
Asked for Female, 21 Years I had my periods on 14 feb last month I had unprotected sex with my bf on 14th march and I took an ipill it's 26 march I still haven't got my periods I had pregnancy test 2 times its negative I also took regestrone for 2 days bt I still haven't got my periods please tell me why this is happening. Plzzz help me please.
Proper dental care can prevent heart attacks, heart blockages, asthma and COPD. This was stated by Padma Shri, Dr B C Roy & DST National Science Communication Awardee, Dr K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India and Honorary Secretary General IMA. Bacteria present in the gums have been linked to many diseases in the past.
Periodontal treatment should be included in prenatal care programs, as per a study in the Journal of Periodontology, which has shown that treating gum disease in pregnant women may prevent preterm birth.
The study has shown that while pregnant women, in whom the periodontal disease was treated, were no more likely to deliver their babies prematurely than women with no gum disease, those who did not get treatment had a nearly 90-fold increased risk of premature delivery.
Another study found that the more bacteria women with periodontal disease had in their gums during and after pregnancy, the more likely they were to deliver their infants prematurely.
Candles: with diwali approaching, one should be careful of candle pollution. Candles made from beeswax or soy, although more expensive, apparently are safer because they do not release potentially harmful pollutants. However an occasional paraffin candle and its emissions does not harm but lighting many paraffin candles daily or lighting them frequently in an unventilated bathroom around a tub, may cause problems. Pollutants from burning candles can also cause respiratory irritation and allergy. The candles, which are made from petroleum, are a source of known human carcinogens and indoor pollution.
Diwali sweets: white sugar in sweets can lead to uncontrolled diabetes and gain weight in individuals. Adulterated khoya can cause gi upset. Artificial coloring in sweets can cause cancer in long run. Eating chocolates can add to calories in blood sugar. The best items for diwali are fruits and dry fruits.
Diwali fire hazards: diwali should not lead to fire with resultant burns and loss to life. If burn injury occurs, the affected part should be put in the running water till burning disappears. Blisters should not be punctured, as they work like a natural dressing.
Eye injury: particle of crackers can cause eye burn. Continuous water should be poured into the affected eye till the burning is over.
Safe dressing: if medicated bandage is not available, iron a clean piece of cloth, it will work like a medicated bandage.
Alcohol hazards: diwali is often used as a festival of gambling and drinking alcohol. Avoid driving after consuming more than 30 ml of alcohol in one hour. While gambling one should not argue with others as someone under the influence of alcohol may cause harm.
Diwali pollution: patients with copd may worsen during; they should cover their mouth and nose with wet cloth, when they are exposed to smoke.
Noise pollution: excessive noise pollution during diwali day can cause hearing loss. Wear ear plugs to avoid noise-related ear injury. Noise pollution can also cause high blood pressure and mental irritation.