Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Adgar Gole
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya Adgar GoleYour feedback matters!
Vaginal dryness is an uncomfortable and painful condition that usually occurs during or after menopause. The estrogen level in your body gets reduced during this time which eventually leads to vaginal dryness. However, there are other factors that can trigger this condition including certain medications and immune disorders. This is a problem that can affect women at any age but it is visible more frequently in older women.
Here are some common factors that may lead to vaginal dryness:
1. Hormonal changes - A decrease in estrogen level that occurs during menopause is one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The decrease in estrogen may also occur during perimenopause, during breastfeeding or after childbirth. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment may also result in a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
2. Irritants - Chemicals present in soaps, dyes, hygiene products and perfumes may cause allergy in some women. Irritants present in underwear or towels and other allergens like objects and lubricants that are placed in the vagina may also cause vaginal dryness.
3. Insufficient arousal - Low libido or other sexual problems may also lead to vaginal dryness. Poor sexual performance and early ejaculation may also contribute to it.
4. Anxiety - Sexual desire can be affected by emotional and psychological factors such as anxiety and stress that may eventually lead to vaginal dryness. High anxiety level in women results in insufficient flow of blood, causing vaginal dryness.
How can vaginal dryness be treated?
Topical estrogen therapy is a common method of treating vaginal dryness caused by low estrogen level. Topical estrogen helps in inserting some hormone that your body is no longer producing. This controls the vaginal symptoms to a certain extent but it does not replace as much estrogen as oral hormone therapy, in your blood stream. Lubricants and moisturizers may also be applied to reduce vaginal dryness and make sex less painful and uncomfortable.
Word of Caution
Please get a PAP Smear done before starting local estrogen and keep a follow up with your doctor.
I am 16 years old and suffering from irregular periods from last few months. I need some effective home remedies for my problem rather than any test or medicines. Pls.
I get one or the other inflammatory infection. Is it a sign of any upcoming major disease? Few months back I got treated with inflammatory lymph node. Now I m getting treatment for h pylori. My ESR level is 30. Pls show way to fight inflammation in body.
I'm having irregular periods. What kind of diet may help to have periods on correct time? And does eating papaya destroy ovary cells?
She resulted positive in pregnancy test. Missed her cycle by a month. Internet says that misoprostol can be taken to abort the fetus. Is that true and does it contain certain risk?
I am male suffering from fungal infection and doctor prescribed me grisovin fp 250 mg .but I am planning for pregnancy and I read on website that men shouldn't make women pregnant if they are taking grisovin fp. Does it cause any child birth defects. Till now my wife is not pregnant. Doctor told me I can take tablets. But in website shows different what should I do. Should I take or not please help me I don't want my child to get any birth defects. Thanks you.
The refreshing aroma of the lemon has a significant role to play in ensuring the health of people than just merely being used as food flavoring. Known to be loaded with potassium, antioxidants, calcium, Vitamin B, and various other nutrients, simply placing them in the bedroom can both mentally and physically improve one’s health. Below are some of the outstanding health benefits of this habit.
- Reduces stress: The failure of the activation of the receptors like adenosine A or 2A on the cell membranes is known to cause anxiety, insomnia and impaired transmission of dopamine. However, it is the citrus smell present in the lemons that help in soothing the mind and the body and relaxing the brain by activating the receptors present on the cell membrane.
- Improves air quality: A poor air quality inside the house not only makes the environment of the house an unhealthy one but also gives rise of airborne bacteria and germs. Keeping few sliced lemons near your bed not only freshens the air with its sweet citrus smell; but also absorbs the harmful bacteria present in the air, rendering fresh and clean air.
- Improves breathing: When it comes to getting rid of the stuffy nose that makes one restless and sleepless in his or her bed at night, keeping sliced lemons near the bed can do wonders. The gentle citrus smell of the lemons improves one’s breathing by soothing the nostrils. The inhaling of the smell of this anti-oxidizing and anti-bacterial fruit helps in keeping the nasal way clear. The essential oil limonene that this fruit contains helps in alleviating other breathing-related issues such as common cold or asthma as well.
- Great insect repellant: Without having to use any harmful chemicals that may cause skin and respiratory issues or damage the endocrine system, putting lemon slices near one's bed can serve as a great natural insect replant. Placing this little yellow fruit on the other side of one's bed room keeps all sorts of insects at bay. It is the strong citrus smell of this natural repellent that repels the insects.
- Lowers the blood pressure: The sweet aroma of lemons also has a role to play in reducing the blood pressure or maintaining it. Due to the calming effects that this fruit possesses, smelling lemons that are kept near the bed, helps to relax the body as well as reducing the blood pressure.
A lemon functions way beyond as a kitchen fruit or a simple flavoring agent. Based on the considerable numbers of therapeutic properties, a lemon should be there in the house, especially in the bed rooms, if you want to reap the magical benefits of this little citrus fruit. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
She is around 40 years of age. Has thyroid. Lack of sleep and stressed. Gained weight. Discontinued thyroid medicines. Now its high. Any ayurvedic or home treatment for that. She is having irregular period with months of watery and yellow discharge. Has done d n c. No sign of any illness. Pap is normal.
Before going in for details of health, disease and cure, few points are to be understood in proper perspective as we are dealing with the living system. Every living system is comprised of one or more units - called the cell. Every cell contains the living substance. The essence of the living substance is that it differs chemically from the surrounding medium and yet maintains a DYNAMIC EQUILIBRIUM (HOMEOSTASIS) with its environment.
Homeostasis occurs in all living cells and in the fluids and organ systems of the multicellular organisms. Referring to mammals, the 19th-century French physiologist Claude Bernard coined the expression "constancy of the internal environment is the condition of life. The American physiologist WB Cannon, who first used the word "HOMEOSTASIS" referred to " the system of checks and balances which maintain internal constancy as the wisdom of the body."
Homeostasis In Health
Living systems may regulate its internal constancy despite an altered environment. And such regulation is achieved by hierarchies of controls, checks & balances, alternate mechanisms, negative and positive feedbacks etc as environmental stress is applied.
Health Is Ease Maintained
In other words, when homeostasis is maintained at its optimal best i.e. integral harmonious performance of the vital functions tend to the preservation and normal development of the organism and there are no abnormal sensations and functions, it is termed health.
World Health Organisation Defines Health as "HEALTH is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."
Homeostasis In Disease
The living system may alter a given property with reference to the environment; the property conforms to the medium and homeostasis consists in cellular adjustments, such that metabolism continues in the altered state. So disease is an altered state of homeostasis and is attended by abnormal sensations and functions in the form of signs and symptoms.
Disease Is Ease Disturbed i.e. DIS – EASE On one extreme, even a single named disease may vary in degree of intensity, frequency and pathology according to a relative abnormality of homeostasis; while on other extreme a single individual can suffer from many diseases also. "So health and disease are interconvertible and are two faces of the same coin."
Homeostasis In Cure
The cure is reversal of the altered state of the homeostasis to its normal pattern. It is not mere mitigating the signs and symptoms but to reach the optimal best state of homoeostasis i.e. health. As march from health to disease is relative, the restoration of disease to health also occurs in percentages or degrees. Health Is Ease Restored!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!