Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priti Shah
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Priti ShahYour feedback matters!
My wife is diagnosed of having soft bones of ribs, resulting pain at bottom of left breast. She is prescribed Shelcal-M & also Seradic Gel for gentle massage on chest & back and also hot compression with hot water bag. Primary care doctor feels it is macular pain due to over-exhaustion & stress. She is still not free of pain, after couple of days! Would you like to advise-if any further investigation is called for. Wish you would appreciate anxiety & help.
I'm getting pain in wrist and fingers, for example when I am holding a mobile for 5 min also getting pain and numbness and even when I am driving also, doing some work even for few minutes also getting pain in fingers and wrist, even index fingers also. Why it is happening and remedies to reduce this problem.
I am having slight pain in lower part of stomach and urge to go to urine again and again is very high. I am also having severe pain in lower back. Please provide guidance.
I am boy of age 21. I drive cbr250 bike daily 50 kms. I am suffering from severe back pain. Please prescribe any medicine and precautions.
I have back pain and neck pain past 9 months. I'm not able to rotate my head usual angle I can only able to rotate left side 35 and right side 25 degree angle. I have consultant with neurologist doctor and followed with 3 months. Finally I have took mri scan and got below report. Mri features of acute on chronic bilateral sacroiliitis with endplate (in dorsal vertebrae) and bilateral cost-vertebral joint changes as detailed -suggestive of seronegative spondyloarthropathy -likely ankylosing spondylitis.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.