Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Priti SalunkheYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam My question is one of my friends mother is suffering from severe headache and pain in right leg with breathing problem. She is unable to breathe at several time in a day. My friend says she feels like minor attacks in breathing. She consulted many doctors and has done stress tests and ecg and thyroid tests also all came normal. Everyone says its due to some tensn but her mother says she do not have any tension and remains relax and cool. So please help us to find us whats the problem with her health as soon as possible and also let us know what kind of tests we can do so that we can know the problem.. Thank you.
Why there is soo much leg pain, there is only thyroid problem, no effects of any medicine, legs pain continuously.
Dear sir mere right leg ka may 2014 me ligament ka operation hua tha . Jaime Abhi bhi pain hota hai PLS suggest me .Koi medicine bhi bataye . Aur sir Mera right leg . Left leg ki tulna me halki bhi dikhayi deti hai.
I am 22 years old my head is daily pain so what can I do for my head and my leg also pain please tell us what can I do for pain.
My father has constantly pain in their legs and they always says that his heel was burning! can you suggests what's the problem behind this n what's the cure? please help me doctors.
Hernia is not life threatening, but is commonly experienced by a number of people. You will experience hernia when an organ pushes through the muscles or tissues surrounding them. A hernia can occur anywhere in the body. The most common areas affected by it are the abdominal area, upper thigh, groin and belly button. In most cases, a surgery is required to treat this condition.
There are 4 common types of hernias. These are:
- Inguinal hernia: This is the most common type of hernia and affects more men than women. It occurs when the intestines push through the lower abdominal wall into the inguinal canal.
- Hiatal hernia: This commonly affects elderly people and occurs when the stomach pushes upwards through the diaphragm. It may also affect children if they are born with a congenital birth defect.
- Umbilical hernia: This affects children and occurs when the intestine pushes through abdominal wall near the bellybutton.
- Incisional hernia: This occurs after an abdominal surgery when the intestine pushes through the scar or other weak tissues.
A hernia can develop overnight or over a period of time. It can be triggered by many factors that cause weakening of muscles and strain the body.
Some of these are:
- Congenital defects such as the abdominal wall failing to close properly
- Persistent coughing
- Surgical errors or injuries
- Pressure on the abdomen caused by pregnancy
- Straining as a result of constipation
- Collection of fluid in the abdomen
- Heavy weight lifting
- Excess weight gain
If anyone in your family has a hernia, you are at a high risk of suffering from one as well. Being obese and smoking can also increase your risk. Cystic fibrosis can also indirectly trigger a hernia by causing a persistent cough. Sometimes a hernia has no symptoms. A bulge in the affected area is the most common symptom of a hernia.
Some other symptoms that you may notice are:
- Pain in the affected area
- Weakness or pressure in the abdomen
- A burning or aching sensation in the affected area
- Acid reflux
- Chest pain
- Difficulty swallowing
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.